Rick

10255 Assembly Square

On ‎8‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 8:02 PM, LegoSjaak said:

I'm always panicing slightly when i'm missing a part....but after a few seconds of really good searching... i always find it... I also left a piece in a bag a few times...so after checking the bags it was again, always there..So after having build hundreds of new sets....i'm almost convinced it is my own fault when i'm missing something...... So far i never had a missing piece....only a faulty piece...a tan 1x6 that was missing a corner because there hasn't been put enough molten ABS in the mould.....that was strange.. I've built Assembly Square for 2/3 now...and no pieces missing...!!

And ofcourse, after saying all this.. i ended up yesterday with a missing piece...a white 1x4 arched brick....and i have a transparent glass 1 x 3 x 4 as a left over piece... weird... So.... my first experience with a missing part now... !  I had a spare one, so i won't complain...it is okay for me! 

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

And ofcourse, after saying all this.. i ended up yesterday with a missing piece...a white 1x4 arched brick....and i have a transparent glass 1 x 3 x 4 as a left over piece... weird... So.... my first experience with a missing part now... !  I had a spare one, so i won't complain...it is okay for me! 

If these parts came out of the same bag then the overal weight of the bag could just still be right. so that bag will pass control. 

I had times i needed to do an extra search for some parts while building my modulars. And sometimes i used the wrong colour previously, so i could not find the rigt briks. but everything was always there.

My dimensions e.t. head was not printed. that is my only time i had to order a replacement.

33 minutes ago, SollX said:

My dimensions e.t. head was not printed. that is my only time i had to order a replacement.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would LOVE to see that!!

3 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

I had a spare one, so i won't complain...it is okay for me! 

I thought the same when I had a missing part replaced by another one (that happened with another set, not in 10255), but afterwards I think it may be better to notify Lego anyway at least for their statistics, or else the problem may become more common (between those that can replace the part with their own stock and those who don't know they can ask Lego to replace the part, there must be many error unknown by Lego)

2 hours ago, antp said:

I thought the same when I had a missing part replaced by another one (that happened with another set, not in 10255), but afterwards I think it may be better to notify Lego anyway at least for their statistics, or else the problem may become more common (between those that can replace the part with their own stock and those who don't know they can ask Lego to replace the part, there must be many error unknown by Lego)

You've got a point there yes... i think it would be better to notify them about it and add that they shouldn't sent a replacement....I'll notify them later, as i have some issues currently about the delivery of a 10255 set....:sceptic:

Edited by LegoSjaak

15 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

LegoSjaak,

when can we expect your XL version of this?!?! :)

My second set is arriving today... on another adress.. and my first set is almost finished.. Still not exactly sure what to MOD, but there are some ideas.... I'll take it easy, so no results for this week.. i enjoy building a lot..so i'll take my time! Hope to show you a nice MOD this month though!!

15 hours ago, Kjellevirus said:

@LegoSjaak What is going wrong with your delivery? I hope it gets resolved.

This set was really amazing to build! I enjoyed every bit of it.  :classic:

My first set was no problem... only the second one, ordered with my second account, was cancelled for some reason... A second set arrives, via another channel today though, i saw yesterday in a link from the postal service!! i love this build.... i'll be sad when i'm finished with it...!!!

On October 19, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Kevii23 said:

Do this one LegoSjaak! 3 new full buildings for your beautiful square. Edit though I think the bakery and flower shop will still need to be connected without extra bricks for the shared wall. 

Edited by koalayummies

8 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Do this one LegoSjaak! 3 new full buildings for your beautiful square. Edit though I think the bakery and flower shop will still need to be connected without extra bricks for the shared wall. 

Yes, i think i will separate the cafe/music-shop/balletroom...for the rest i'm still not sure.. they will stay connected and having those turrets on both sides of the right building looks pretty good to me too!

On 18/10/2016 at 0:24 AM, Cwetqo said:

Video này nên được ok:

good review ! Do you have video speed build 10255 ?

I had a little bit of fun borrowing one of my son's new minifigs to make a visit to the dentist.  I can see the temptation to buy another one to make three grand buildings, but alas, the funding requires me to be glad there was a way of even getting the one.  Though, I cannot wait to see what you all do with the supersize version of these. 

Edited by AFOLguy1970
delete photo to create space

41 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I had a little bit of fun borrowing one of my son's new minifigs to make a visit to the dentist.  I can see the temptation to buy another one to make three grand buildings, but alas, the funding requires me to be glad there was a way of even getting the one.  Though, I cannot wait to see what you all do with the supersize version of these. 

joker.jpg

Well, that smile really needs to be looked after! :laugh:

Every single picture of this set is simply adorable! I can't keep my eyes of it, when i'm in the livingroom and the set is standing in front of me on the table!

20 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Every single picture of this set is simply adorable! I can't keep my eyes of it, when i'm in the livingroom and the set is standing in front of me on the table!

I agree. I can't get enough of it either. It's still sitting on the table I built it on. Partly because I haven't yet made room for it in town...but mostly because I'm not done staring at it. 

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I agree. I can't get enough of it either. It's still sitting on the table I built it on. Partly because I haven't yet made room for it in town...but mostly because I'm not done staring at it. 

I'm also staring at it because i'm still thinking of how i want to make an XL version of it.. got my second set yesterday!

32119836262_9957aa319f_c.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

I'm also staring at it because i'm still thinking of how i want to make an XL version of it.. got my second set yesterday!

You have too much money or too much love for lego..
It is great!

Just finished it!  This thing is awesome!  Very much worth the price.  I really loved the, um, object in the apartment.  Don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Finishing bags 5, for the first time I encounter a missing part :/

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6155&idColor=86#T=C&C=86

I checked the empty bags in the trash, as well as under the couch...

I'll wait to finish bags 6 just in case before asking the missing part to Lego (since this one is not common enough to be simply taken from my inventory)

edit: and I got an extra 1x10 plate, probably explaining why the weight control did not detect the missing part...

Edited by antp