Rick

10255 Assembly Square

I just realized this does rather add to the Wedding Story undercurrent that runs across a number of the sets. From the Proposal in PR, to the Wedding Dress and Tux in sale in GE to the Wedding Cake baker and Portrait Studio here, to the actual Wedding in TH. I fear the Lego designers are delightfully hopeless romantics. 

Edited by Faefrost

9 hours ago, Faefrost said:

I just realized this does rather add to the Wedding Story undercurrent that runs across a number of the sets. From the Proposal in PR, to the Wedding Dress and Tux in sale in GE to the Wedding Cake baker and Portrait Studio here, to the actual Wedding in TH. I fear the Lego designers are delightfully hopeless romantics. 

And now the baby in Assembly Square.....!

8 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

And now the baby in Assembly Square.....!

Let's not forget the "wink wink nudge nudge" "Dance Studio!"... What? You mean its actually dance classes for kids?... and not... oh... Guys we're gonna need someplace else for the Bachelor Party!

On 19/10/2016 at 11:24 AM, Jasper Joppe Geers said:

That's interesting...

On 19/10/2016 at 11:24 AM, Jasper Joppe Geers said:

That's interesting...

I'm glad!

A lot of people are complaining about not being able to seperate the buildings.
After having a good look at the pictures you can.

instead of building it on the 32 square plate on the left, and the 32x16 plate on the right, Reverse this.
You can then have the left building seperate to the other 2 buildings.

4 hours ago, Cremilar said:

A lot of people are complaining about not being able to seperate the buildings.
After having a good look at the pictures you can.

instead of building it on the 32 square plate on the left, and the 32x16 plate on the right, Reverse this.
You can then have the left building seperate to the other 2 buildings.

You would still need to modify them as the buildings are connected by an arch

17 hours ago, craiggrannell said:

Just noticed some price slippage in the UK – Assembly Square's up ten quid at £179.99. I wonder if further changes are in store prior to release?

I just looked and the Canadian price has also increased by $10. 

I'm not happy to see this increase in price for us here. Stupid weakened sterling...

On 11/25/2016 at 1:19 AM, nikhkin said:

You would still need to modify them as the buildings are connected by an arch

Yeah, but its a small arch so you'd need just a couple of bricks.

25 more days left before it is in the webshop!!  Obviously i can wait....but the wait is hard... I think i'll build one set first and then use the other one to make it taller or wider or to MOD it........hope it will work out fine, but i'm sure it will!!

Seeing the price of the Assembly Square again just left me in shock again lol. :wacko: Any who, I'm looking forward to those video reviews soon so I can see more detail.

Why is the 10255 no longer on the SAH-site in Europe...maybe there busy raising the price again?? Netherlands: No Results..Germany: Bitte erneut suchen....

10 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Why is the 10255 no longer on the SAH-site in Europe...maybe there busy raising the price again?? Netherlands: No Results..Germany: Bitte erneut suchen....

I assumed that was why all new sets vanished in the UK, but it doesn't make sense for the rest of Europe

That would be sad though, I've always looked forward to whatever year held the next modular! I do agree though it seems like they were running out of ideas. Either that or the design team planned to make it only a certain length run of years that they released new things? I know they seem to have crammed a lot into the Assembly Square. The dentist's office and the bakery by themselves could be full-scale modulars, TLG probably just wanted them to be in one floor to wrap them up maybe? 

Apart from that, I may have to start saving up! Although I've spent so much money already on the Orient Express it doesn't look like it's in my budget for a while! :) 

On 10/29/2016 at 0:10 PM, Sammael said:

If we look at the size of the new buildings next to the Pet Shop, they are pretty much the same.

Pet Shop has been perhaps THE best selling modular building of all, with the longest shelf life. 

Ironically, the largest of all modulars, Town Hall, had the shortest shelf life and was apparently a very poor seller.

To those who lament the loss of larger buildings in the modular line - you didn't buy enough Town Halls and you bought too many Pet Shops and this is the result ;) 

I think Fire Brigade was actually the top seller. It went back for I believe 2 extra production runs. Pet Shop only got one. I'm not sure on longevity. It would be close between the two. I think GE takes the number 3 spot. 

On 12/14/2016 at 4:49 PM, Elysiumfountain said:

That would be sad though, I've always looked forward to whatever year held the next modular! I do agree though it seems like they were running out of ideas. Either that or the design team planned to make it only a certain length run of years that they released new things? I know they seem to have crammed a lot into the Assembly Square. The dentist's office and the bakery by themselves could be full-scale modulars, TLG probably just wanted them to be in one floor to wrap them up maybe? 

Apart from that, I may have to start saving up! Although I've spent so much money already on the Orient Express it doesn't look like it's in my budget for a while! :) 

I'm confused? We have had no indications that this is the end of the line? In fact it remains a solid anchor line of their more advanced Creator Expert Adult focused theme. Assembly Square is a callback because it is the big oversized 10th anniversary set. So it's trying to homage what has gone before. AS is a risk because it likely will be stressing the sweet spot price point for the line, which currently sits around $160 usd. The funny thing about D2C sets. LEGO has incredible sales data on them. They know precisely who we are, to our home addresses. They know precisely what we are willing to spend. What deals we opt for. How long we wait to buy, etc. The D2C Modulars will not be the rousing profit margin that they get from licensed IP retail sets, but they are incredibly low risk investment. They have incredibly granular customer and production data. (This is also why the only large Ideas set yet to be approved is the Modular sized Fishing Store). 

I am getting scared, not only 10255 is not found on the Swiss shop at home but also the "exclusive sets menu - new items" does not display anything, I am afraid I won't be able to buy it on Jan 1st.. A few days before Christmas, to see that the Lego website is not up to date and has menu items that don't display anything is quite scary..

It also disappeared of other European Lego sites, though that it was previously listed. Maybe it is just temporarily hidden then.

8 hours ago, antp said:

It also disappeared of other European Lego sites, though that it was previously listed. Maybe it is just temporarily hidden then.

I got a mail from SAH yesterday that says that they are currently working on the issue! The sets will be availavle on january first..Here is the original text from the mail, in dutch:

"Hartelijk dank voor uw bericht.

U heeft gelijk! Er zijn inderdaad een aantal LEGO® sets zoals de 10255 Assembly Square die de benen hebben genomen en van de website zijn verdwenen! Maakt u zich geen zorgen, wij hebben onze geweldige experts erop uitgestuurd om deze avonturiers op te sporen. Hoewel we nog niet zeker weten wanneer we ze terug kunnen verwachten, hebben wij eindeloos vertrouwen in ons fantastische team dat hun missie spoedig succesvol zal zijn! Het geeft dus niets aan over de beschikbaarheid van de Assemly Square op 1 januari. Tot nu toe staat alles nog steeds klaar zodat je de set op 1 januari kan bestellen! Niets om u zorgen over te maken dus, onze excuses voor de ontstane verwarring. Dank voor het melden,u krijgt van ons een gratis set zodra deze weer beschikbaar zijn!"

You are right, there are indeed a number of sets, like the 10255 Assembly Square, that disappeared from the site. Don't worry, we have set our great experts on the case, to get these sets! Although we are not sure yet when to expect them back, we have endless trust in our awesome team, that this mission will be succesful soon! It does not say anything about the availability of the Assembly Square on january first! Till now, everything is set to go, for ordering on january 1. Nothing to worry about and our apologies for the confusion!

Well, i hope they won't have any issues AGAIN with ordering modulars on the first day of january.. I would otherwise suggest they put the releasedates to february 12th in the future! We will see...