Rick

10255 Assembly Square

On ‎18‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 11:28 PM, ecmo47 said:

I'm pretty much done with my XL version of the Assembly Square. There is some more interior detailing I'd like to do but, for now, I must move on to other projects. It's two full sets plus many runs to my own parts supply so I have no idea what the final piece count is. I'm very happy with the final look. It's got three full buildings and doesn't have that "squished" look. Enjoy!

32162675313_5dff8a5f4d_c.jpgDSC01883 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Top floor (5th) of the Bakery building is the AFOL hobby room! Mr. AFOL is about to crack the seal on a NIB Corner Cafe. The 4th floor will a bedroom/nursery for the AFOL family.

32977425505_ee52d4dbda_z.jpgDSC01894 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

I like the AFOL room the most! Although i do almost all building in the livingroom, my wish is to have one large room for Lego only once!!!  Well done, looks great!!

Very happy now, I won the Assembly Square in the raffle at a LUG event last night. Going to have a lot of fun putting this one together :)

I love it! Although I do wish the bakery/cake shop had been its own modular, it definitely could have occupied more space than squished in the building as the ground floor. But that's just my opinion, I like everything else about it! :) 

On 2017-6-11 at 8:30 PM, jonwil said:

Very happy now, I won the Assembly Square in the raffle at a LUG event last night. Going to have a lot of fun putting this one together :)

Lucky you, please do tell us your opinions of the set when you have finished building it. 

Brick On ! 

I think its great, fun build, lots of cool parts. Easily in the top 5 best LEGO sets of 2017 so far (doesn't knock the Saturn V off the top spot though)

Glad I now don't need to worry about just how deep a discount I can convince MYER to give me on the thing...

In terns of how it compares to the other modulars, its definitely the best they have done so far.

I put my copy of AS on lay-by at Myers with 20% off. 

Lucky I asked them to put one on hold for me last Wednesday ;) 

My only problem will be is where in my modular Street do I place it when I pick it up and build it. 

So now many of have build the assembly square, other than super sizing it's, what other MODs or improvements are people making?

I'm starting to look at the bed settee as for me it sits real high. I might try to build it into the floor more.  

Also might hinge part of a redesigned train layout against the wall.

On 6/19/2017 at 3:25 PM, jus1973 said:

So now many of have build the assembly square, other than super sizing it's, what other MODs or improvements are people making?

I'm starting to look at the bed settee as for me it sits real high. I might try to build it into the floor more.  

Also might hinge part of a redesigned train layout against the wall.

Hi, a month ago a got my hands on a second copy of Assembly Square. This is my MOD:

IMG_3620

It's 16 studs wider and built inverted. Still I need to finish some details (bricks of the right colour to find) but I'm quit satisfied with the result.

IMG_3626

IMG_3628

I built it inverted in order too fit properly in Rava Town

IMG_3631

IMG_3634

Hope you appreciate the MOD.

See you! :wink:

7 hours ago, gabrielerava said:

Hi, a month ago a got my hands on a second copy of Assembly Square. This is my MOD:

It's 16 studs wider and built inverted. Still I need to finish some details (bricks of the right colour to find) but I'm quit satisfied with the result.

IMG_3628

I built it inverted in order too fit properly in Rava Town

Hope you appreciate the MOD.

You could also widen the sandblue cafe, as it will look more complete then!

Hi LegoSjaak,

Actually it's widen by 6 stud... Should I expand it by more studs, it would become too much big in proportion compared to the rest of the buildings in my city... (Not in your square I guess...)

Anyway some pieces left out from my second copy of the Assembly Square will be used to create an additional 16 stud building similar to the sand one but in different colors!

Edited by gabrielerava

8 hours ago, gabrielerava said:

Hi LegoSjaak,

Actually it's widen by 6 stud... Should I expand it by more studs, it would become too much big in proportion compared to the rest of the buildings in my city... (Not in your square I guess...)

Anyway some pieces left out from my second copy of the Assembly Square will be used to create an additional 16 stud building similar to the sand one but in different colors!

Ah, i see! Point for you is also that you have a flat side on your sand blue version, else it would be a cornerbuilding. Now you now too that Modding is sometimes not as easy as it seems to be, especially when you have not much spare bricks, like me. You are limited in building and then you need to be creative! Great work!

Sorry haven’t replied.  I decided to take a eurobricks break.

I quite like what you’ve done there.  I think the left hand building could stand alone actually.  The wider blue building is also really nice.  Makes it seem much more complete somehow.  Nice work.  I don’t have the funds to buy 2 copies of each modular, my mods tend to be much more mundane.

I noticed many of you had missing parts with this set. Just starting building, and missing this piece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3069b&idColor=63#T=C&C=63, only 8 of 9 in the bags and positive I did not drop it or are still in the bags. I’ve checked everything 10 times now. Now I know a bag 6 should hold 4 of these, so I can continue building. 

The thing is, I did not buy this at a LEGO store, and I did not buy it recently. I bought it about 7 months ago in a small shop while on a short vacation. Will LEGO still send me the missing part or do I need to buy one? Never had this problem before.

I think I recall running into this issue too but ended up finding the missing piece in another bag. Have you tried finishing the rest of the set to see if it may pop up in one of the other bags? 

27 minutes ago, OxnardMontalvo said:

I noticed many of you had missing parts with this set. Just starting building, and missing this piece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3069b&idColor=63#T=C&C=63, only 8 of 9 in the bags and positive I did not drop it or are still in the bags. I’ve checked everything 10 times now. Now I know a bag 6 should hold 4 of these, so I can continue building. 

The thing is, I did not buy this at a LEGO store, and I did not buy it recently. I bought it about 7 months ago in a small shop while on a short vacation. Will LEGO still send me the missing part or do I need to buy one? Never had this problem before.

they did solve it when i got a non-printed E.T. head in the set i got for christmas.

3 hours ago, OxnardMontalvo said:

You can ask a replacement part on Bricks & Pieces. I have had a missing piece, wrong pieces and a misprinted piece over the last years and they delivered me replacement parts! I'm very pleased with their support!

Nevertheless I hope my Assembly Square (that I still have to unbox) doesn't miss any pieces! It's annoying to experience while building.

4 hours ago, atomic80 said:

I think I recall running into this issue too but ended up finding the missing piece in another bag. Have you tried finishing the rest of the set to see if it may pop up in one of the other bags? 

I just completed the 2nd part out of 6, so perhaps it may pop up. It wasn’t in the bag where the other 4 pieces are (part 6), just 4 of them.

I’ll just continue building and hope I find another one. I think it’s wise to finish the build first before I order the piece, as it may have other missing pieces, or like you said, eventually pop up. 

Also want to point out that the 2nd set of bags had a lot of ‘double’ duplicates 1x1’s, and some were missing. Normally you get one extra 1x1 double, but quiet a few were double extra. I had to look back to see if I missed something, but no, just a lot of extra extra’s.

I’ll let yall know how it ends. Thanks for the reply’s.

Promised an update on how it ended, so here it is. The piece was not in any of the other bags, and with 99.999% certainty I can say it was never in the right bag. So I ‘finished’ my build right before Christmas, used the link provided by @Wesley D (thank you for providing that link) on the 24th, and received a mail the would send the piece (without a receipt check) on the 28th, and the piece got delivered on the 5th of january. I’m very (!) pleased with LEGO support. It was only one small little tile, no questions asked. I guess it did help I bought 4 big sets, including 3 modulars in 2018, but still, thanks LEGO :classic:.

Edited by OxnardMontalvo

Not really I just started posting yesterday I'm not very good with the forum thing yet. I'm working on starting a thread I just don't know where to put it. 

This may be a better pic of the square, please be mindful of the T-Rex as he is very classy and has a coffee problem! The square is 48" wide and the back of the bakery is not finished, the dance studio has a bunch of tutu stormtroopers doing ballet on the third floor, the coffee shop inside looks great ill have to take a pic or two later and post up . 

32181429977_c80dc3234a_b.jpg

Edited by TinCan

4 hours ago, TinCan said:

Not really I just started posting yesterday I'm not very good with the forum thing yet. I'm working on starting a thread I just don't know where to put it. 

This may be a better pic of the square, please be mindful of the T-Rex as he is very classy and has a coffee problem! The square is 48" wide and the back of the bakery is not finished, the dance studio has a bunch of tutu stormtroopers doing ballet on the third floor, the coffee shop inside looks great ill have to take a pic or two later and post up . 

32181429977_c80dc3234a_b.jpg

Lol ))

You should start your instagram page - people are gonna love it! :)

@TinCan Looking at all your recent postings, this is the best, quite impressive. A lot of people make a layout thread, & you’re in the right section. Also, Instagram is a great place to go as well. A lot of great builders & inspiration there. 

Well, thank you very much! I, well am a bit at a loss for words. I don't think my little city is that great, it's me just being a big kid really. I do thank you again. I have always just built for me and never really showed my city off to anyone. Plus I think I started doing this stuff in May of 2017. So I still feel like a rookie builder. ☺️ Anyway, so where do I post my city? Sorry for the not on topic rant.

33 minutes ago, TinCan said:

Well, thank you very much! I, well am a bit at a loss for words. I don't think my little city is that great, it's me just being a big kid really. I do thank you again. I have always just built for me and never really showed my city off to anyone. Plus I think I started doing this stuff in May of 2017. So I still feel like a rookie builder. ☺️ Anyway, so where do I post my city? Sorry for the not on topic rant.

Building for yourself is the best way to go. Having people like your stuff is a bonus. Just make a separate thread here in the Town forum & link those pictures & others showing what you’ve done.