Rick

10255 Assembly Square

3 hours ago, Henk61 said:

Hoi LegoSjaak,

I don't mind waiting to the 1st of january... I only thing i am worried about is the price... I do not hope they did this action (removing the new sets from the site) to raise the prises....!!!

That would not be fair... besides over the past years new sets have always on the site long time before you could buy them...

PS... I love your lego village... it is always great to look at...

Fijne jaarwisseling en een gezond 2017! (Have a happy and a healthy new year 2017!)

Thanx Henk... in the end our health is way  more important, so maybe we should not worry too much about getting our Assembly Square a bit later than we are used to.....

Have a healthy and nice, lego-ish 2017!

The Lego stores are getting much more strict about selling on Jan 1st.  I live within 45 minutes of four lego stores and none will sell Assembly Sq prior to Jan 1 when normally I can get them a few days early.  It's not a huge deal or anything, just FYI.

I don't see why anyone would expect a store to sell it before Sunday. That's the day it comes out. 

It seems to be a very American thing to me, as it's always Target and Wallmart that are apparently selling things early. I've never noticed it happen in the UK.

Saying that, however, someone on Reddit managed to get one from a Legoland in America. 

On 28-12-2016 at 9:45 PM, antp said:

Something with the German market being more competitive

It's a bigger market, so costs are easier to spread. There's more than enough competition in the Netherlands, it's quite easy to not pay the RRP for most sets, if you avoid the biggest toy retailer over here. Also, Germany is "around the corner" for at least a quarter of us Dutch (Oberhausen is just a little over an hour's drive for me).

It's just with these pesky Modulars (and most other Creator Expert sets) that they're really hard to find for less than the RRP. I did have a bit of luck a few months ago when Intertoys had a nice discount and the Intertoys in our city also stocks the Modulars and did include them in the discount, so I was able to get Brickbank at a very reasonable price.

A large chunk of our Christmas Bonus will go to a new computer (and has already been spent on some other "toys"), so maybe I'll just sit this one out for a bit, until another nice discount comes round. € 260 is quite a lot of money...

ordered as well, and not like in the past where there had been a bug, I received the order confirmation..! Great to be able to order a bit earlier :-)

Did anyone else make the connection between the white decorative chicken on top of the orange building and 2017 being the "Year of the Rooster"? It may not be on purpose, but I thought it was a clever Easter egg if so. 

2 hours ago, Pickbricker89 said:

Did anyone else make the connection between the white decorative chicken on top of the orange building and 2017 being the "Year of the Rooster"? It may not be on purpose, but I thought it was a clever Easter egg if so. 

I did, i thought it was a nice homage to the year of the rooster.

Assembly Square ordered!!! :)

also put a flash keychain and 2 batman minifigures (one was free due to vip points)

come to daddy!!!!

Happy new year everyone!!! :)

Edited by just_one

Went to the Lego store in Brighton and bought Assembly Square! The box is huge. Also bought some Duplo for my young son and Lego Friends for my daughter. I'm going to start building it later.

Was lucky to get the last one at my store in Birmingham, AL (USA) today. Sold out in less than an hour. I'm just now getting over the mini heart attack I had when I thought I'd missed out. Haha

10 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Finally... :) ... day 1 purchase

15822511_10209897499367224_1082860830_n.jpg

Nice to see the box in consumer hands...!!  I'll have to wait for a few days before it will be delivered!!!

On 28-12-2016 at 2:03 PM, nikhkin said:

There isn't always. There wasn't one last year. In fact, I can't recall any other than the Flower Cart for the Detective's Office.

You're right. I just thought, since the 10 year anniversary is a special moment, that there might be something 'more' for the loyal Modular collectors who buy it directly at release. :wink:

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

Nice to see the box in consumer hands...!!  I'll have to wait for a few days before it will be delivered!!!

Great to hear the set is again available in the Netherlands! Its nice to see a natural shot of the box, I might be waiting though for some months, hoping on a special discount xD Maybe black friday/Cyber Monday? *huh*

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

...the box is now resting..empty :) 

Its done... after 7,5 hours...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209897737573179&set=pcb.1235160646544435&type=3&theater

Well done...however that link seems to be broken. :(

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

...the box is now resting..empty :) 

Its done... after 7,5 hours...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209897737573179&set=pcb.1235160646544435&type=3&theater

5 hours ago, Pickbricker89 said:

Was lucky to get the last one at my store in Birmingham, AL (USA) today. Sold out in less than an hour. I'm just now getting over the mini heart attack I had when I thought I'd missed out. Haha

I was curious about what the activity would be in the Lego stores on the morning of January 1.  My original plan was to get to Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX to get Assembly Square just before opening, but my youngest got sick and I was the only one who could watch him until the afternoon :wall:  By that time, I figured it was too risky to make the 30-45 minute drive to only end up not being able to pick one up.  You basically confirmed my worst fear so we ordered it online instead.