Rick

10255 Assembly Square

I think you left one thing out of your translation which I think is interesting...

14 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Dank voor het melden,u krijgt van ons een gratis set zodra deze weer beschikbaar zijn!

Which translates into "thanks for notifying us, we will give you a free set as soon as these are available again!" So... what's that about? :wink:

8 hours ago, jfbat said:

I think you left one thing out of your translation which I think is interesting...

Which translates into "thanks for notifying us, we will give you a free set as soon as these are available again!" So... what's that about? :wink:

:laugh:...That was actually meant to be funny....

Will the new modular come with a fitting polybag, like the flower/cookie cart?

Otherwise I'll hold off buying this set in January. Between the London store opening and all the Christmas goodies my wallet needs some recharging :laugh:

There haven't been any suggestions of a free polybag yet. Last year we all though the park fountain was coming with the Brick Bank, but it turned out not to.

Lately a lot of promotional sets/minifigs that tie into a particular set have been offered a few months after that set's release, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something turn up later in the year, much like the Fountain did.

..it is still not on the Dutch SAH site.... so weird.. also the new 2017 sets are no-where to be found... seems like there is a large problem with the site that cannot be tackled!!

On 14/12/2016 at 4:53 AM, BrickFit26 said:

Seeing the price of the Assembly Square again just left me in shock again lol. :wacko: Any who, I'm looking forward to those video reviews soon so I can see more detail.

The LEPIN already made a copy of assemble square, price is around 150usd. I am surprised how they can copy Lego so fast. On the end maybe this another aggressive action from Chinese will drive Lego into charging us little bit lower, who knows. Of course I am not a fan of Lepin, but if You will look on amount of orders placed for big modulars like café corner, green grocer, detective office, pet shop - it's just incredible how many those sets are being sold. According to me it will have for sure some impact on Lego sales of this set.

Edited by Rick
Link removed

Looking forward to buying this one on Jan 1st.  I will be at the Lego Store when it opens to ensure one that day.  The only thing about January 1 release is it is somewhat of a bummer for teachers and students.  By then, we will have had two weeks of down time, and for many of us, January 1 is the very last day of that down time.  So, I have the rest of the day to build some of it before getting hurled back into the workweek the next day :hmpf_bad:  With that said, it is still probably better than ordering it and waiting a week or so for the set to get in and not even have New Years Day to do a little building.  It seems like all of the sets that interest me either do no exist yet (looking at you, Saturn V) or release on Jan 1 like Assembly Square.

The reviews I have seen so far give the impression that this is a nice build with lots of fun details.  It is still a shame that the three buildings are not detachable from one another in the spirit of the Pet Shop.  On the plus side, only the sides of the buildings at either end have no details.  Even the backs have doors, windows, and even a balcony.  It is nice to see details return to some of the lesser seen sides of the structures.  

17 hours ago, MACIEK8791 said:

The LEPIN already made a copy of assemble square, price is around 150usd. I am surprised how they can copy Lego so fast. On the end maybe this another aggressive action from Chinese will drive Lego into charging us little bit lower, who knows. Of course I am not a fan of Lepin, but if You will look on amount of orders placed for big modulars like café corner, green grocer, detective office, pet shop - it's just incredible how many those sets are being sold. According to me it will have for sure some impact on Lego sales of this set.

Ugh. Lego can't shut that company down soon enough. It's not going to have any effect on the price Lego charges, you can be sure of that.

Edited by Rick
Link removed

In best case Lego can reduce their price by at most 25% and stop making any profit at all (as they do 25% profit on their total income, cf the official results they publish yearly).

In their current organization (where they're paying sales taxes, R&D, paying workers and employees correctly, paying licences, paying toy safety quality control, etc.) they can't align on the price of copies.

But that's off-topic anyway.

Edited by antp

9 hours ago, antp said:

But that's off-topic anyway.

And against the recently updated Site Guidelines.

On 15/06/2008 at 4:17 AM, Siegfried said:

Bootlegs, Rip-Offs and Fakes: These manufacturers copy designs and minifigures from LEGO, other companies and even fans, to produce their own infringing products which they then sell, often at knock down prices. There are hundreds of names attached to these products and varied quality between them. We will no longer accept discussion and sharing of these products on Eurobricks. Most of these "brands" are facing legal cases and we have no interest in supporting them by providing a place for their criminal products to be seen.

Hey people, having seen Bricks magazine's review, has anyone else been surpried by the width of the modular? I of course know it's 32x32 + 18x32, but it still surprised me... 

1 hour ago, just_one said:

any idea why its still missing on lego online store?

All the 2017 sets are currently missing from the UK and other European sites. Lego stated there was an error some time ago, but they haven't re-appeared.

Someone suggested it was because the prices are being increased, but I hope that's not the case. 

36 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

All the 2017 sets are currently missing from the UK and other European sites. Lego stated there was an error some time ago, but they haven't re-appeared.

Someone suggested it was because the prices are being increased, but I hope that's not the case. 

i doubt the prices are being increase , they had to re-release the press release then i think...

16 minutes ago, just_one said:

i doubt the prices are being increase , they had to re-release the press release then i think...

Well the UK price has changed a few times already. It has been quoted as £169.99 and £179.99, both by Lego sources. Plus there is the new suggestion of UK prices all increasing by 5% (although that will not impact other European markets)

For Europe, they only announce the German price, so the other ones could always increase a little (they were already higher in other European countries on the site before it disappeared)

2 hours ago, antp said:

For Europe, they only announce the German price, so the other ones could always increase a little (they were already higher in other European countries on the site before it disappeared)

In Belgium and the Netherlands it will be 260 Euros, so 20 Euros more than our Eastern Neighbours... Still couldn't find a single clue why :wacko:
( http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/nederlandse-en-belgische-prijs-van-de-lego-creator-expert-10255-assembly-square-bekend/ )

Besides that, am I the only one who thinks its weird that there isn't some promotional Modular S@H item in January, to accompany the Ultimate Modular set?

Edited by Doge

24 minutes ago, Doge said:

In Belgium and the Netherlands it will be 260 Euros, so 20 Euros more than our Eastern Neighbours... Still couldn't find a single clue why :wacko:
( http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/nederlandse-en-belgische-prijs-van-de-lego-creator-expert-10255-assembly-square-bekend/ )

Besides that, am I the only one who thinks its weird that there isn't some promotional Modular S@H item in January, to accompany the Ultimate Modular set?

There isn't always. There wasn't one last year. In fact, I can't recall any other than the Flower Cart for the Detective's Office.

26 minutes ago, Doge said:

Do we know what is the promotional gift for january?

There's a Batwing polybag at the moment in North America. No details on UK/Europe as far as I know.

Edited by nikhkin

58 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

There's a Batwing polybag at the moment in North America. No details on UK/Europe as far as I know.

would be a bad thing at all :) but kind of hope for something to go along the assembly square :)

Just now, just_one said:

would be a bad thing at all :) but kind of hope for something to go along the assembly square :)

There isn't anything. If there was, it would be listed along side the Batwing on the American Store Calendar.

3 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

There isn't anything. If there was, it would be listed along side the Batwing on the American Store Calendar.

what worries me is the lack of set in the shop...

2 minutes ago, just_one said:

what worries me is the lack of set in the shop...

Well they have confirmed the UK release for the Lego Batman Movie sets as Jan 1st on Twitter. Those sets are also missing from the online store. As such I doubt there is anything to worry about.