Rick

10255 Assembly Square

21 hours ago, Rick said:

They're connected by arches (see here)

I'm just saying that if the cafe were built on a 16-stud plate with this design, then there wouldn't be any connections pins between the different plates.

One of the Modular thing, if you use the pins or not.

Portugal gets +20€ making it 260€...not fair...

anyone knows why this happens?

also is there any way of ordering from the UK Lego shop and ship it to portugal? Honestly its less 68€!!

3 hours ago, just_one said:

also is there any way of ordering from the UK Lego shop and ship it to portugal? Honestly its less 68€!!

You can order from the UK Lego Shop, but you can not define an address outside the UK (even manually). 

On 10/21/2016 at 10:10 AM, ScotNick said:

So I'll just let this picture speak. I know there are other recolours, but I didn't expect the flower part in dark green - or is this normal green?

And is the green circled one an existing part? I don't know any part that looks like this (especially the top stud).

*snip*

Unless you have a friend in UK who can forward it, no.  
I was thinking of obtaining some super-cheap plane tickets and just going there myself.   Sometimes you can get budget tickets for like 20, 30 €  if your time is flexible. The largest LEGO store in the world is about to open in London.
You would likely spend the difference in price anyway, but at least you had an adventure and can have a go at the pick-a-brick wall

Edited by Sven F

On ‎23‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 6:37 PM, sebitsena said:

You can order from the UK Lego Shop, but you can not define an address outside the UK (even manually). 

Thats what i thought :(

On 10/20/2016 at 6:07 PM, Jern92 said:

It's NZD450 according to Shop@Home. I checked this morning.

NZD450 is 295EURO. Perhaps i better take my holiday in the UK this summer.

On 23.10.2016 at 5:00 PM, just_one said:

I'd be happy if the price was 260€... in Finland it's 280€.

3 hours ago, temes said:

I'd be happy if the price was 260€... in Finland it's 280€.

Yeah :( A good reason to enjoy London and visit the new Lego store on Leicester square.

OT: I wonder if the Leicester square store will have a price mark-up like the Manhattan stores do. Hope not!

3 hours ago, finnbricker said:

OT: I wonder if the Leicester square store will have a price mark-up like the Manhattan stores do. Hope not!

None of the other London stores do. It had better not, since I'm heading up to London for it. I don't want to waste my train fair just to find out it'll cost extra.

39 minutes ago, mikes_bricks said:

Decided to split mine into 3 separate buildings.  Please excuse my pro "ms paint" skills.

I think this is the best way to make super-sized versions of this set. It's the way I would do it if I had the money to buy multiples.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

I think this is the best way to make super-sized versions of this set. It's the way I would do it if I had the money to buy multiples.

THe first two are okay, but the last one is really boring... I will separate the pastel building from the rest, i guess....i'll use two sets....

12 hours ago, mikes_bricks said:

Decided to split mine into 3 separate buildings.  Please excuse my pro "ms paint" skills.

The first one looks the best among them. 

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily

In order to separate the set into three distinct buildings, you would have to switch the baseplates, redo the tiles, and remove/replace the arches on the building to the left.  To get the two on the right separate, it is going to be even more challenging, because the buildings share a wall.  That means you need to gather the parts to build a whole new wall for one of the buildings.  I am honestly a little surprised that Assembly Square was designed this way rather than to take the "Pet Shop" approach and have three buildings that could be rearranged as the builder wishes.  That was one of the first rumors to come out and a lot of people expressed hope that we would get another set like that.  

3 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

In order to separate the set into three distinct buildings, you would have to switch the baseplates, redo the tiles, and remove/replace the arches on the building to the left.  To get the two on the right separate, it is going to be even more challenging, because the buildings share a wall.  That means you need to gather the parts to build a whole new wall for one of the buildings.  I am honestly a little surprised that Assembly Square was designed this way rather than to take the "Pet Shop" approach and have three buildings that could be rearranged as the builder wishes.  That was one of the first rumors to come out and a lot of people expressed hope that we would get another set like that.  

Personally, I modify and change all of my modulars anyway, so i don't mind doing that. Even my GG is slightly different from the norm.

I split my DO into two buildings.  had to order a bunch of new bricks etc.  its just part of the fun.

Edited by mikes_bricks
wtf am i doing....

14 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I am honestly a little surprised that Assembly Square was designed this way rather than to take the "Pet Shop" approach and have three buildings that could be rearranged as the builder wishes.  That was one of the first rumors to come out and a lot of people expressed hope that we would get another set like that.  

That's what I was hoping it would be too, from some of the rumors that I read on the forum. Giving us the option to place and move them around other modulars. 

On 10/23/2016 at 4:00 PM, just_one said:

Most of other EU countries seem to have it as 260€ (FR/BE/NL too) ; it is just Germany which is cheaper than others, as usual... not sure why.

2 hours ago, antp said:

Most of other EU countries seem to have it as 260€ (FR/BE/NL too) ; it is just Germany which is cheaper than others, as usual... not sure why.

I would imagine it relates in some way to local VAT or shipping costs to different countries. There must be a justification somewhere, companies don't tend to just randomly assign prices without purpose.

3 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I would imagine it relates in some way to local VAT or shipping costs to different countries. There must be a justification somewhere, companies don't tend to just randomly assign prices without purpose.

German VAT is quite the same with France. We have to look somewhere else ^^

4 minutes ago, sebitsena said:

German VAT is quite the same with France. We have to look somewhere else ^^

I could imagine the reason being the fierce competition between retailers in Germany. Maybe TLG fears that higher MSRPs could lead to permanent discounts on more sets which might not be in TLG's interest.

This thread is going too far off-topic.

The discussion about differences in pricing between countries is not something that applies exclusively to modular buildings. If you'd like to discuss pricing differences, I'm sure there's a thread in the General discussion forum of the Embassy forum.

Here's my "interpretation" of the set for LEGO Digital Designer:

10255_-_small.png

You can download the LXF file if you're interested.

Obviously, there is a lot that is wrong as some parts aren't available, there were collision errors in some cases, and many image angles of the set simply weren't available.

Also, I didn't include the figures.

Please, let me know if you find this useful.

Edited by lomis
fixed a typo

32 minutes ago, Rick said:

This thread is going too far off-topic.

The discussion about differences in pricing between countries is not something that applies exclusively to modular buildings. If you'd like to discuss pricing differences, I'm sure there's a thread in the General discussion forum of the Embassy forum.

Sorry. You're right Rick.

16 minutes ago, lomis said:

Here's my "interpretation" of the set for LEGO Digital Designer:

10255_-_small.png

You can download the LXF file if you're interested.

Obviously, there is a lot that is wrong as some parts aren't available, there were collision errors in some cases, and may image angles of the set simply weren't available.

Please, let me know if you find this useful.

Very useful! I I was waiting for it. I think there is a specific topic in which you can add it :

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Edited by sebitsena
Add link