Rick

10255 Assembly Square

1 hour ago, Vodnik said:

The most important thing: they made the Cafe Corner again!!!  Well... sort of... :wink:

I know people want a remake of CC but I can do without it. I don't have a 'collect them all' compulsion and to be honest its not nearly as impressive as some of the newer sets.

Nice new parts!!  30274335162_b50c172010_z.jpg

Nice new part: Cornerdoorpiece...(nice scrabble-word as well....)

Edited by LegoSjaak

2 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

Nice new parts!!  30274335162_b50c172010_z.jpg

I'm most excited about that SNOT corner brick. So many new possibilities.

Very excited by all those new tiles!

I wish that 2x2 cut corner was a 1x2 instead, though.

Edited by anothergol

In many ways i think this is a great, great set. There's a wide variety of bricks in various colors. Plenty of bricks to get creative.

And it seems to me that is exactly what Jamie was aiming for. Over the years the buildings themselves became less impressive perhaps,

but instead tons of ideas were added to it. So many features and funny details which for me is the trademark Jamie design.

As for the new bricks, they may be very useful, but as always it takes away the creative challenge a bit. I find it more fun to think

of a neat way to work around the corner, and not having the right brick for it. But that's just me. :)

Just now, Chilis said:

@LegoSjaak Let the Photoshop pictures come :)

haha...see former page...

1 minute ago, Jasper Joppe Geers said:

In many ways i think this is a great, great set. There's a wide variety of bricks in various colors. Plenty of bricks to get creative.

And it seems to me that is exactly what Jamie was aiming for. Over the years the buildings themselves became less impressive perhaps,

but instead tons of ideas were added to it. So many features and funny details which for me is the trademark Jamie design.

As for the new bricks, they may be very useful, but as always it takes away the creative challenge a bit. I find it more fun to think

of a neat way to work around the corner, and not having the right brick for it. But that's just me. :)

Not everyone has such great technical skills as you, Jasper Joppe.... :thumbup: ..guys like me are pretty happy with pieces making MOC-cing easier....:wink:

Oh this looks amazing!

I loved how they are building a LEGO set inside a LEGO set 

That baby is now everywhere lol

33 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

Lots of potential for MOD-ding...stand alone on a 32x32 baseplate..

30390611975_36dc1b4a86_b.jpg

Or some sort of castle-like building...

30304506561_1d91cd17fe.jpg

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who thought doing that would look good! Do the think I can get my wife to let me buy more than one else set, but I'm sure you'll make this into an awesome XXL build.

Nice set. Nice new bricks and usefull parts. The music studio/store could have used some printed tiles on the wall imho (think of golden records, album-covers or bandnames).

And another great modular set.
I am just wondering how you guys that collect these are going to integrate, mod, expand on your cities. :sweet:

I like it. Not my favorite, but I can appreciate the design. 

Except as it's basically 1 1/2 modulars, it'l have to think of some way to integrate it with the road plates my modulate currently sit next to, if that makes sense.

40 minutes ago, Dakar A said:

I'm most excited about that SNOT corner brick. So many new possibilities.

I'm excited about that diagonal door frame.  If there was only sane/easy way to come up with 200+ of those... (TLG hurry up and put these things in your next Police Station/$40 CREATOR building set)

16 minutes ago, wooootles said:

I'm excited about that diagonal door frame.  If there was only sane/easy way to come up with 200+ of those... (TLG hurry up and put these things in your next Police Station/$40 CREATOR building set)

Step 1: join a RLUG

Step 2: sign up to participate in the LUGBULK program

Step 3: convince other members to place the diagonal door frame on the LUGBULK parts list

Step 4: order 200 and wait a few months

SOLD ! :wub:

I sold on it, it will fit so nice between the DO and BB I wouldn't place it as Lego has shown it - it's not really a corner building.

And those new parts, oh, what could I do with those new tiles, etc.,.:wub:

JB has done it again, raising the bar for all us MOC designers to aim for.

I can't wait to read a review and then go to Myers next year to buy it.:wub:

1 hour ago, Niku said:

And another great modular set.
I am just wondering how you guys that collect these are going to integrate, mod, expand on your cities. :sweet:

That's going to be tricky, given the extra 16x32, mostly for those who use roadplates. I'll likely be waiting to really dig into it, placement wise, once I get it in hand. 

As to the set, I think it's fantastic, as usual. That dentist torso print is fun & a nice addition. The girl with the star shirt is great too. She's even an AFOL! All those new tiles pieces are great. The pastries too. Definitely going to have to search the couch cushions for loose change. Yikes. Looks like I'm skipping 10254 Winter Holiday Train...at least for now.

Good gravy! This is very, very nice! I was going to get a few of the big Creator cars for Christmas, but this set convinced me to wait and get it instead! Very colourful and tons and tons of action going on inside the buildings! I'm starting to prefer many buildings in a same modular (like the Detective's Office) than a single one.

First day buy, hopefully :wub: