kahir88

Nocturnus Minichallenge III/b: Igronows kitchen

The lock on the door clicked, then two figure walked in the room. The torches suddenly catches on fire, and lighted the kitchen. 
As the lich looked around with despise, he turned to his companion. His voice wasn't pleased.
- You call this a kitchen? It's more like a junkyard!
- Sorry master! -whined his new assistant, as he covered his face. - Please dont hurt me!
- When you said, that you own a kitchen, where i can begin the preparations for the contest. I thought it is well equipped!
- But it is master! There is a nice fireplace, tables, shelfs, bowls, tools and...
- SILENCE! - the haunting voice echoed throug the kitchen. - The kitchen in my tower had better equipment, then this "professional" kitchen... Where is the ice chamber? My chamber was full with Midgardian never melting ice, from the Frozen Beyond. And no dragon powered fireplace?
- No master, that is just a simple fireplace, for simple baking.
A fireball appeared in the hands of Igronow, then he throwed it to the fireplace. With a loud blast, it fell apart
- Now, show me, where can I get a yellow eyed thorned black dragon.
- Master... - he covered his face. -They already exticted...
Igronow turned once more to his assistant, and let out a sigh.
- Must i do everything? 
A pen and a parchment appeared from the thin air. It started writing a list, while followed Igronow around in the kitchen.
-Take this parchment, and follow me!
They went to the nearest graveyard, where Igronow reanimated some dead.
-They will help you gather the ingredients. Do precisely as it on the parchment, or your fate will be worse then death! 

The life in the kitchen returned, after a few days later. While his minions gathered the required ingredients, Igronow captured a dragon to replace the fireplace, and instal an ice chamber in the place of the storeroom.
The dead kitchen helpers start working, after Igronow showed them, the recipe, and the process:

30295086161_65d6c92f76_n.jpg30345541166_58457bd3c3_n.jpg30345543466_03c5d5e84b_n.jpg

30345542726_30e3b295b2_n.jpg30295087401_2d2040cc38_n.jpg30345542136_daa952fc3d_n.jpg

30295086751_20e1c636ed_n.jpg

Ingredients for the Enchanted Pumpkin Pie:

- First of all: You MUST steal everything! Remember: Everything tastes better, if you steal it! This is why my pie was so popular in my days!

- Flour from Avalonia
- Eggs from a Griffon
- Mountain goatmilk from Midgardia - and if you find, butter too
- Sugar from Kaliphlin
- Cinnamon from Kaliphlin
- Pumpkin from Avalonia
- Powdered dragon scale extract - I recommend black, but red is good to. Do not use green, unlees you want to poison some one

The process:

- Enchant your pumpkin! It is up to you, what enchantment you put on it, I already experimented which tastes better, but I wont tell you, which tastes better. 
- Knead the flour, sugar, butter and eggs togethet.
- Roll out the dough, and cut a sphere form out of it, this will be, the bottom of the pie.
- Cast a warding spell on the dough, or if not a magic user, knead some powdered dragon scale exract in the dough. So the fire wont harm the dough.
- Poke your dragon three times - If you got a red one, poke it five times.
- Hold the dough in the breath of fire just for a few seconds. The warding spell, or the extrack will protectit.
- Put the baked dough in the ice chamber to cooled down.
- For the filling, cut the already enchanted pumpkins, and smash them in a mortar. Season it with cinnamon. *
- Spread the pumpkin filling on the cooled dough, and put it back, so the filling can harden in the cold. 
- For serving pour some whipped cream on top of it.

I marked the part, when you season the filling. The pie don't need additional taste. If I wanted to make a goblin ear wax pie, then I will season it with that. I only use cinnamon to give a more characteristic taste.
The whole point in the enchanted pumpkin pie, is the tasting of magic. Not the other ingredients, like bat hair, or troll drool...

Igronow oversees, how his minions creats his pies. But he needed another plan, to ensure his victory:
- Hm... I think, I must visit this, Lord Raavage personally...

Edited by kahir88

Nice activity and details in the kitchen, especially the ice chamber is an original feature, plus: dragons make everything better! :grin:

I really enjoyed reading the story, once again! 

- Master... - he covered his face. -They already exticted...

:laugh::thumbup:

Great build, and very fun story! You did an excellent job of equipping a kitchen with all sorts of pots and pans and knives and ladles, but the rolling pin is the best. So much activity!

OMG this build and story are fun and well built in every aspect. Great job. :)

That dagon is great, while I like the funny note in the ice-chamber!

Awesome story, as always!

Thank you all! I wanted to creat something different, and I was like: "why not a dragon?" 

On 2016. 10. 17. at 4:44 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great build, and very fun story! You did an excellent job of equipping a kitchen with all sorts of pots and pans and knives and ladles, but the rolling pin is the best. So much activity!

Yeah, some times it doesn't hurt, if you work as a confectioner. :grin:

Really nice kitchen, full of details and activity! As for the story, really entertaining as they always are from you ^^ As for for improving something, you could watch your spelling, punctuation and even some grammar - it's a pity for such nice stories not to be written properly!

[I'm a language teacher so it's actually my second nature talking here.. :blush: ]