Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

Yeah... The Superman is a clone of Phoenix Custom version that was also copied in the Batman / Superman DLP wave.

is that Superman meant to new 52?

56 minutes ago, sponge_bob said:

I have these lined up for Comedian and Night Owl. What else?

Great idea about the helmet.

Also need a brown cape for Nite Owl and a new head for Silk Spectre.

4 hours ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

Great idea about the helmet.

Also need a brown cape for Nite Owl and a new head for Silk Spectre.

Hairpiece for Ozy! Thinking maybe Hawkeye or Killian slicked back

Anyone knows if the latest DLP Spider-Man set is being shipped out yet? I know they're selling on Ali, but I haven't seen any on eBay yet.

2 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I kind of want to know how polywhirl looks before I order them. Did any one else get them or see photos?

I got them, they're about as good as you'd expect, if you've ever bought an LEBQ set before(i.e., not that great).  I suppose it will be a little bit different for everyone, but you can see mine came with some mismatched limbs.  Also some of the hand sockets were so loose that the hands couldn't even stay in, but I switched them out with some spare ones from a different set, and those stay in much better.

mHW6WLll.jpg?1

The Pokemon are just two molded pieces that clip together.  A couple of them won't stay stay on their stands, because their feet peg-holes are a loose fit.

BzNsFo7l.jpg

Like I said it's probably gonna be a little different for everyone. If your just buying the set for Polywhirl then maybe these defects don't matter so much, since Polywhirl is one of the best figs in the set in my opinion.

Quick question: Has there ever been a Terracotta Army figure? I am eyeing up the Three Kingdoms figures as my next purchase, but I would love it if there was a Terracotta Army I could build, or even a single figure for a museum MOC.

I really do wish LEGO would produce more Asian culture based things, Ninjago is nice and all for architecture, but I want something more grounded in reality.

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Quick question: Has there ever been a Terracotta Army figure? I am eyeing up the Three Kingdoms figures as my next purchase, but I would love it if there was a Terracotta Army I could build, or even a single figure for a museum MOC.

I really do wish LEGO would produce more Asian culture based things, Ninjago is nice and all for architecture, but I want something more grounded in reality.

Here's one I found, a little expensive.

http://custombricks.net/tewaar.html

I remember some chinese history sets but i forgot the brand :-(

They had nice roofpieces for asian cultural historical purposes.

Don't know if they have the figs you are looking for though.

17 hours ago, Collector said:

I got them, they're about as good as you'd expect, if you've ever bought an LEBQ set before(i.e., not that great).  I suppose it will be a little bit different for everyone, but you can see mine came with some mismatched limbs.  Also some of the hand sockets were so loose that the hands couldn't even stay in, but I switched them out with some spare ones from a different set, and those stay in much better.

mHW6WLll.jpg?1

The Pokemon are just two molded pieces that clip together.  A couple of them won't stay stay on their stands, because their feet peg-holes are a loose fit.

BzNsFo7l.jpg

Like I said it's probably gonna be a little different for everyone. If your just buying the set for Polywhirl then maybe these defects don't matter so much, since Polywhirl is one of the best figs in the set in my opinion.

cheers for the pics, had this set sitting in cart for a few weeks now cant decide to get this for my boy of the brick built version, what you reckon?

20 hours ago, Collector said:

Thatnks for the pics... I might get it for the polywhirl, and burn that charmander because its creepy looking.

On 10/27/2016 at 4:18 PM, Borex said:

14856195_1795186007418527_46817045988875

Minifigs of interest:

- Iron Stan Lee

- comic Crossbones

- White Wolf 

Man, even as a self-confessed sucker for exclusives, this is an easy pass for me: 1) the exclusives aren't that compelling or must have (in a way it's a relief) and 2) I prescribe literally 0 value to builds, ships, vehicles, etc. 3) 80 bucks!!! No thank you!

7 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Man, even as a self-confessed sucker for exclusives, this is an easy pass for me: 1) the exclusives aren't that compelling or must have (in a way it's a relief) and 2) I prescribe literally 0 value to builds, ships, vehicles, etc. 3) 80 bucks!!! No thank you!

$80 isn't even a good price. Looking at the piece count I hope it would drop a bit.

On 10/30/2016 at 6:34 AM, Brickmamba said:

cheers for the pics, had this set sitting in cart for a few weeks now cant decide to get this for my boy of the brick built version, what you reckon?

I would definitely recommend the brick built ones.  The ones from SY or Elephant brand are probably the best ones out there.

On 10/30/2016 at 4:39 AM, Borex said:

I remember some chinese history sets but i forgot the brand :-(

They had nice roofpieces for asian cultural historical purposes.

Don't know if they have the figs you are looking for though.

You might be thinking of Sluban, they've got a Three Kingdoms theme with some Chinese castles and other structures.

26 minutes ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

Looks like those horror figures quality aren't so bad from Here

Did Chucky actually come with short legs?  The renders I saw show him with normal legs, but the customizer they took them from actually uses the short ones.

Also those base plates are the same style that Xinh uses, so I wonder if they are the ones who actually makes them.