Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

5 hours ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

DT I would suggest you remove that picture as it is against the rules we have had outlined for the thread.

I apologise, I noticed that the minifigures were altered anyway so decided to post them, like their accessories and even the eyes of certain characters, but yeah I guess still wrong, sorry. Thanks for the heads up though! :grin:

Oooh, Journey to the West and Romance of the Three Kingdoms? It looks like I'm going to be grabbing some figures. 

Wow, never realised the thread recovered and migrated to a different thread. Great to have it back! There is one seller selling White Walkers riding a saddled skeleton horses for AU$1.34 (US$1.02) each which can be a cheap option to create a White Walker army. I have a feeling the horse design originates from Lord of the Rings sets so not sure if its appropriate here.

To clarify, is it forbidden to mention possible cloned Lego products? Say there is a 8 figure set with 2 licensed by Lego, is it possible to post a picture blurring those two figures out?

I think that would be fair. It keeps everyone happy.

Meanwhile, one full set of Westward Journey figures are ordered! I'll post a review in here once they arrive. Though I think there is a high chance that the heads and accessories are just going to be "custom" with regular LEGO.

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I think that would be fair. It keeps everyone happy.

Meanwhile, one full set of Westward Journey figures are ordered! I'll post a review in here once they arrive. Though I think there is a high chance that the heads and accessories are just going to be "custom" with regular LEGO.

Alot of us do the same by swapping out parts for the official stuff. It's nice to have a mod join us here too, will keep every thing on topic.

2 hours ago, Panther said:

Wow, never realised the thread recovered and migrated to a different thread. Great to have it back! There is one seller selling White Walkers riding a saddled skeleton horses for AU$1.34 (US$1.02) each which can be a cheap option to create a White Walker army. I have a feeling the horse design originates from Lord of the Rings sets so not sure if its appropriate here.

To clarify, is it forbidden to mention possible cloned Lego products? Say there is a 8 figure set with 2 licensed by Lego, is it possible to post a picture blurring those two figures out?

I saw those too it seemed to me that it was just for the horses as the GOT stuff is a little bit more expensive than the normal figures.

2 hours ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

Alot of us do the same by swapping out parts for the official stuff. It's nice to have a mod join us here too, will keep every thing on topic.

Not always everything can be swapped for official parts. They are of course bootlegs and sometimes it results in loose joints or headpieces that won't fit and all. 

My kid deadpool arrived yesterday and not only the print was very smudged, it didn't fit my official red short legs as well. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it don't

Looking forward to see pics of Westward Journey figs.

5 minutes ago, Borex said:

Not always everything can be swapped for official parts. They are of course bootlegs and sometimes it results in loose joints or headpieces that won't fit and all. 

My kid deadpool arrived yesterday and not only the print was very smudged, it didn't fit my official red short legs as well. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it don't

Looking forward to see pics of Westward Journey figs.

U got a lonk for kid deadpool mate?

Has anyone read the 'open letter to lepin' from an afol?   I wish we could all just get along :)   I'm kind of of the opinion that maybe this guy should appreciate the fact that someone wanted to make a production copy of his moc... Lego sure as hell didn't.  I love the Lego brand but I don't think its the brick community's crusade to fight these IP battles for them.  I'll get upset about it when I walk into TRU or Walmart and find these Lepin sets sitting next to their Lego equivalent.  If it ever gets to that point (which it won't), I would see that these knockoffs are impacting Lego sales.   Until then,  I look at these knockoffs hitting a very niche corner of the market...  Folks who like the sets but would never be in the market to spend the money Lego is charging for a box of bricks... the sale was never Lego's to have in the first place.  And then of course there is the other niche market these knock-off brands satisfy which probably represents the folks on this thread (and myself) who just want to add characters to their minifig collections that Lego does not produce.   I think we're still at the point where the presence of these knock-off brands are still driving innovation between themselves and Lego which is good as long as it never gets to the point where Lego sales suffer.

On 20-10-2016 at 9:28 PM, Robianco said:

Arrived today.

The arms from the new Arkham Batman work perfectly on the older DLP Arkham Batman figure. Great figure now.

Where's the arkham figure from?

On 20-10-2016 at 9:28 PM, Robianco said:

The arms are from the recent DLP wave of Batman and Superman figures... but I'm sure you knew that.

The rest of the Arkham Batman is from DLP9012. That set has a Batman Beyond in it which is almost identical to Christo's version as well as a fantastic Green Lantern Batman. I picked mine up from Minifigures Wholesale and they seem to still sell them.

16 hours ago, Mattyj82 said:

U got a lonk for kid deadpool mate?

Remember we can't do links anymore. Just do a search for "Single Sale Ninjagoes New Marvel Comics Ninja", and it'll come up.  I really hate it when sellers use very nonspecific post titles like that...

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

You can link the stuff that is not ripping off actual Lego figures you know.

I think everyone is still walking on egg shells a bit here. What if the set that is linked includes both non-official designs and official ones?

It was the discussion and linking to the rip offs that were the issue. A link that is part of a discussion on the non rip offs isn't a problem, you are not signposting people to the fakes but to the other kinds. 

42 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

It was the discussion and linking to the rip offs that were the issue. A link that is part of a discussion on the non rip offs isn't a problem, you are not signposting people to the fakes but to the other kinds. 

And what about large single sale pages? A lot of the better stores tend to have one page with every figure they do on single sale. Naturally this page is selling TLG designs as well as non-TLG ones, and is often the most reliable source of individual figures. Would we be able to link to one of those?

A link that is part of a discussion on the non rip offs isn't a problem, you are not signposting people to the fakes but to the other kinds. 

If you say: Guys you can get Ghost Rider and all the Helicarrier figures here!!!1 and post a link, that is bad.

If there just so happens to also be all the Helicarrier figures on the page, but you are linking to the original appearance Nick Fury that is on the list, it is not a problem.

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

A link that is part of a discussion on the non rip offs isn't a problem, you are not signposting people to the fakes but to the other kinds. 

If you say: Guys you can get Ghost Rider and all the Helicarrier figures here!!!1 and post a link, that is bad.

If there just so happens to also be all the Helicarrier figures on the page, but you are linking to the original appearance Nick Fury that is on the list, it is not a problem.

And similarly if we link people to sets which contain some TLG designs in the context of getting the non-TLG designs in it, would that be ok? Like if a set contained Reverse Flash, Zoom, Arkham Knight and some other non-TLG designs but also a copy of Lightning Lad, would we be able to link them to the set if it's so that they can get the non-TLG designs?

I think we should just develop a list of forbidden items that cannot be linked and then go from there. Otherwise the rules here are still too ambiguous

I think it's become pretty clear now. Pictures and links for non-TLG figures and sets are fine. With the above response we've ironed out the grey area of things like the recent elephant wave that is mostly off topic and only has their version of the Hydra Captain America that should be talked about.

For anything else just bring it to the Bootlego subreddit.

Edited by CaptvirgilHilts