Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

4 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

Has anyone tried getting bootleg capes. Are they the same terrible material that the bootleg minifigs use?

Not yet, but I have some on the way.

I am looking at a store called Dolls Fans Tech Co Ltd, they have capes and other accessories as  20pc choice packs and I am getting increasingly tempted.

11 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I am looking at a store called Dolls Fans Tech Co Ltd, they have capes and other accessories as  20pc choice packs and I am getting increasingly tempted.

I ordered mine from here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POGO-20pcs-figures-building-blocks-different-color-Cape-for-Batman-Darth-Vader-DIY-action-bay-toys/32814539609.html

Now those are cool, Going to get Booster and Parallax when they are around. 

In other news: My TRON style Future Police purchase arrived. As is always the risk... Un-printed face! But, seeing as I bought it for the torso/arm/leg prints and those are wonderfully crisp and detailed it is not too big a deal. In fact, I now have a fleshtone head without a mark, so I can make a Slenderman, which is neat.

EDIT: Oh hey, there are Overwatch figures out there too. Aces! 

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Now those are cool, Going to get Booster and Parallax when they are around. 

In other news: My TRON style Future Police purchase arrived. As is always the risk... Un-printed face! But, seeing as I bought it for the torso/arm/leg prints and those are wonderfully crisp and detailed it is not too big a deal. In fact, I now have a fleshtone head without a mark, so I can make a Slenderman, which is neat.

EDIT: Oh hey, there are Overwatch figures out there too. Aces! 

Im really hoping we do get that new from movie and hopefully some TLG set.

I've seen only Reaper and Tracer so far.

Well it looks like you'll need to get one Booster for the ring and another for..... SKEETS!

Guy Gardner, Power Girl and SS version of Katana makes this another solid selection for DC fans and IMO XINH chose the better hair for BG. 

DGVL2EC.jpg

I don't know much about the DC universe, but Booster Gold looks great. He looks so superhero-y (not a word, i know). Might buy him just for his superhero looks.

Well, two is fine, it means you can build the best figure from what you get. Also, Guy and Power Girl? Cool. Still waiting on a few Golden age characters though (Sandman, Dr. Midnight, Wildcat) and a better Dr. Fate for sure.

43 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Well, two is fine, it means you can build the best figure from what you get. Also, Guy and Power Girl? Cool. Still waiting on a few Golden age characters though (Sandman, Dr. Midnight, Wildcat) and a better Dr. Fate for sure.

Im hoping we get a proper old school Blue Beetle to give Booster his best buddy. 

it seems you get a choice of power girls as she has been throw in with a load of GI Joes too:

22119636_10209601169888656_546451572_o.j

13 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

I know xinh is usually the ones to go for, but how are the kopfs?

They're not manufacturers, usually the quality is very good, but a few times they made some bad figures. I suggest you to wait for the real photos

Edited by ThunderDrako

8 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

SZ paradise and minifig clubhouse just closed again. Are there any other shops you guys would recommend?

I normally use Five-Stars Blocks Store but it looks like they are under renovations. Minifigures Wholesale is the only other store I have in my favourites that has current stock. 

Looks like SY is back. Credit to DTBlocks

sy672.jpg sy673.jpg

Has someone bought the new Pogo Daredevil (PG-263) ?

Can someone post some photos? Is its quality better than the old one? Is its back weird like the photos on AliExpress?

2 hours ago, ThunderDrako said:

Has someone bought the new Pogo Daredevil (PG-263) ?

Can someone post some photos? Is its quality better than the old one? Is its back weird like the photos on AliExpress?

Based on the pictures from TMGT Block Store it doesn't look remarkable in anyway.

aeProduct.getSubject()

DTB Blocks did a comparison of the original POGO Daredevil versus the new XH767 HERE and it looks to be a superior figure and the Punisher from the same set (XH768) looks great as well.

I have the new pogo daredevil. It's face has unneeded black spots on it, the back is weird because of how they made it silver and the legs are not dual molded and printed on black so the red doesn't come out as strong. I can post pics from my phone if you tell me a good avenue to use. Also i ordered the newer xn daredevil but it's still on it's way.

Thank you very much, both of you!

I have only the old Pogo one, the design is good but it's the worst minifigure I have in term of quality.

The thing is that Xh767, while having very good quality, is...too red. Netflix Daredevil is more dark, like the Pogo one, but Pogo has bad quality! :cry_sad:

Also SY have Netflix Daredevil (SY678) but Xh767 looks better.

bbquicksilver, can you post some pictures (you can use imgur.com)? Do you know if there is a reason why its back is silver? Thanks again!

Edited by ThunderDrako

Thanks again!

Pogo is weird "We made a minifigure with good design but bad quality, let's remake with better quality but randomly ruining the design!"

I'll probably buy Xh767 xD

I ordered the other one already as well. Looks like we are getting lots of figs from engineerio and popfunk, so that's good. I almost bought that suicide squad katana for 23.00.

Can someone advise me on whats the best brand in terms of quality for Marvel/DC minifigures?

Edited by just_one

37 minutes ago, just_one said:

Can someone advise me on whats the best brand in terms of quality for Marvel/DC minifigures?

Depends what you're after as it can be hit or miss at times.

Sheng Yuan, Decool and DLP are good.

Xinh can be good, but can also be awful at times depending on wave.

Pogo offer lots of rare figures but are poorer quality.

I'm slowly uploading real photos on my website at www.herobloks.com