Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

35 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

You're not seeing the bigger picture here. 

Tencent is not some no-name company.

They make the game King of Glory?

There are HUNDREDS of bootleg figures based on that game for sale in China already.

4 minutes ago, wickedlemon said:

They make the game King of Glory?

There are HUNDREDS of bootleg figures based on that game for sale in China already.

Haha, I'm not saying bootlegs are going to disappear overnight! And they better not! Because I plan to buy a lot of them over the next couple of years :) 

But what I am saying is that this could be the beginning of the end. Maybe bootlegs will shift their strategy and simply avoid copying LEGO themes directly -- but LEGO have now begun their offensive against bootlegs make no mistake.

At any rate, that's my view... bootlegs may likely shift to another manufacturing center anyway in a few years time like Vietnam... but in China, I think the days may be numbered.

Edited by agoodfella77

5 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Haha, I'm not saying bootlegs are going to disappear overnight! And they better not! Because I plan to buy a lot of them over the next couple of years :) 

Let's enjoy it while it lasts!

My biggest hope, if anything changes, is that the bootleggers are forced to move away from straight copying existing releases and concentrate on customizers (where there is less customer cross-over I would imagine) or even better original designs.

3 minutes ago, wickedlemon said:

My biggest hope, if anything changes, is that the bootleggers are forced to move away from straight copying existing releases and concentrate on customizers (where there is less customer cross-over I would imagine) or even better original designs.

Yes, that would be even better. Because I don't normally buy straight copies of LEGO figs since I buy all of the Marvel ones. Only few exception are when they do something slightly different (like Falcon from Civil War is a perfect example -- the bootleg was far superior, better design, leg print -- just better than the original hands down).

7 minutes ago, wickedlemon said:

Exactly! I think TLG is more concerned about Lepin copying its recent sets, instead of Xinh making a Netflix Punisher minifigure. The first may lower TLG sales while the second doen't affect them at all.

Did Aliexpress change their dispute process?

It used to be that when ever I opened a dispute, I would hear from the seller right away, and most of the time they would say that they would fix it, and practically beg me to cancel the dispute, and if the seller didn't respond then Aliexpress would step in a few days later. But with my last 2 or 3 disputes, I've had Aliexpress step in right away, and I never heard anything from the seller.

13 hours ago, Collector said:

Did Aliexpress change their dispute process?

It used to be that when ever I opened a dispute, I would hear from the seller right away, and most of the time they would say that they would fix it, and practically beg me to cancel the dispute, and if the seller didn't respond then Aliexpress would step in a few days later. But with my last 2 or 3 disputes, I've had Aliexpress step in right away, and I never heard anything from the seller.

I think it's more a case of prioritizing sheer volume over quality. 

Out of the unhappy customers, they figure only a handful will complain. And out of those handful will actually log a dispute. In the end they drag it out and have to reimburse so be it. 

I totally agree. It used to be you sent a nice message explaining the situation and you would get a reply. Or if you don't and let them know you will lodge a complaint, you got action right away. 

Now you get the head smacking reply, "you want to damage my rep do you!" I just simply avoid those stores after that. 

I think if we complained collectively it might move the needle. Individually, you're an ant. 

If China becomes a country where bootlegs are outlawed (be it LEGO, sunglasses, handbags, etc), then I expect the production of fake goods will just shift elsewhere.

Have you guys seen these Biochemical Policeman figs made by Cayi? They seem to be a mashup of different zombie/monster franchises. They use a KY- numbering system which suggests that they could be related to Kazi, but according to DTBlocks the company is owned by Xinh. Not sure where he gets his info from, but the quality is more or less what you would expect, if that is the case.

id0~c22786~u1-1.jpg?h=1280&fit=max&q=75

Bill looks a lot like Abraham from The Walking Dead. LiaoRan seems like a chinese version of Morgan, also from The Walking Dead. Falcon's clothes are reminiscent of Negan, and his face is different in this pic, but he actually wears an eye-patch like the Governor. You don't see it so well in this pic, because his design is flipped, but Hercules King has tattoos  on his chest and arm, that are reminiscent of The Rock, so I suspect he takes inspiration from The Scorpion King. Su kinda reminds me of Alice from the Resident Evil films, especially the version seen in this poster from Resident Evil Extinction:

image.jpg

Tyrant's design was apparently taken from the Nemesis monster from the Resident Evil video games. Iron is the only other monster here that doesn't give off a generic zombie vibe, so I'm sure they most have grabbed him from either Resident Evil, or some other franchise.

Looking at their sets I see at least 4 characters that aren't available in the minifig wave. Their this woman with red hair and blue shirt, who is seen here piloting this Alien-esque walker mech.

CAYI+1901.jpg

Then their is this shirtless guy wit the leather straps around his chest, and some green monster type thing.

CAYI+1908.jpg

And, lastly there is this Medusa-like character.

CAYI+1905.jpg

And, just I'm gonna give this Dragon thing a special mention, because it looks kinda cool.

CAYI+1910.jpg

What do you guys think? Anyone recognize any other characters?

On 16-1-2018 at 5:01 PM, ThunderDrako said:

Exactly! I think TLG is more concerned about Lepin copying its recent sets, instead of Xinh making a Netflix Punisher minifigure. The first may lower TLG sales while the second doen't affect them at all.

The second kept me into lego. Otherwise i would have shifted to the dark side. The real customs are out of my price range, but the bootleg customs aren’t (and i think they’re actually expensive for the quality they often are). Lego doesn’t live up to the older marvel fans, the comic book fans, so these bootlegs keep me interested in lego as a whole. 

I hope (and like to think) that lego knows that there are lots of positivities about bootlegs as well

btw i don’t buy knockoff sets or figs that are done by lego, because, well because. 

Edited by Borex

10 hours ago, Collector said:

Have you guys seen these Biochemical Policeman figs made by Cayi? They seem to be a mashup of different zombie/monster franchises. They use a KY- numbering system which suggests that they could be related to Kazi, but according to DTBlocks the company is owned by Xinh. Not sure where he gets his info from, but the quality is more or less what you would expect, if that is the case.

I've got the figure wave.

Lots of real pics here: http://www.herobloks.com/figures/search/brand=cayi

If they just concentrated on better printing they’d be a viable alternative to customs... even expensive ones. SY and DLP of 2 years ago were superb but Xinh and Pogo are continually terrible these days. I wouldn’t know what SY, Decool or DLP we’re up to these days. Getting out of customs really dented my interest in thesebut I keep looking out for things of interest. The Pogo moulded for He-Man are excellent and I saw a photo of them in genuine Lego parts... they really were nice. Imagine is SY printed the figures and we had those Pogo parts... they’d be fantastic... I’d have those without question. But even at 60p each I feel they’re too much for the actual quality you get.

50 minutes ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

another great DC Fig, Metallo!

Alright, we can cross one more fig off from the list of things Dargo failed to deliver. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but by my count all that's left is a comic Ray Palmer Atom (Pogo's Atom is the Ryan Choi version), a proper X-Men Origins Deadpool, and a Deadshot variant from one of the Arkham games(which really isn't that important).

gLeOPiz.jpg

1 hour ago, Collector said:

Alright, we can cross one more fig off from the list of things Dargo failed to deliver. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but by my count all that's left is a comic Ray Palmer Atom (Pogo's Atom is the Ryan Choi version), a proper X-Men Origins Deadpool, and a Deadshot variant from one of the Arkham games(which really isn't that important).

gLeOPiz.jpg

Black Adam hasnt either. Don’t think the trickster has been copied yet either would love that post op wade & Arkham deadshot 

1 hour ago, Mattyj82 said:

Black Adam hasnt either. Don’t think the trickster has been copied yet either would love that post op wade & Arkham deadshot 

We've had both, the Black Adam had lightning all over though. I wish we could get another Red Tornado as I missed out on the SY289.

48 minutes ago, Mattyj82 said:

It wasn’t the same fig on the poster

also sy289

Look what I found on AliExpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850146502/32850146502.html

It wasn't perfect but it was close and there was an "electrified" Shazam that also came out with it.

Appreciate it, every so often I do a search for it but as usual you can't get SY single sale and that is a little more than I want to pay for it. 

On 13-1-2018 at 3:25 AM, Afolkingdom said:

Thanks guys I am going to order them!

These 2 came in.... Beastman and Clawful are underway; then I have a complete set of all 16.

StratosMerman.jpg.66b31a9eb8d094b999f891

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

17 hours ago, Robianco said:

If they just concentrated on better printing they’d be a viable alternative to customs... even expensive ones. SY and DLP of 2 years ago were superb but Xinh and Pogo are continually terrible these days. I wouldn’t know what SY, Decool or DLP we’re up to these days. Getting out of customs really dented my interest in thesebut I keep looking out for things of interest. The Pogo moulded for He-Man are excellent and I saw a photo of them in genuine Lego parts... they really were nice. Imagine is SY printed the figures and we had those Pogo parts... they’d be fantastic... I’d have those without question. But even at 60p each I feel they’re too much for the actual quality you get.

I think Xinh is good enough most of the times. Of course not near SY in their best days, but still good enough to buy. Pogo's printing is really the worst. People are buying them nevertheless, so pogo don't have to work on their quality control.

12 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

These 2 came in.... Beastman and Clawful are underway; then I have a complete set of all 16.

StratosMerman.jpg.66b31a9eb8d094b999f891

I still need to order them

13 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Could you please, make a picture with Marvels Falcon using the wingpieces from stratos (if possible of course)? I think i like them better than the ugly trans-red wings he has now.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:31 PM, CaptvirgilHilts said:

We've had both, the Black Adam had lightning all over though. I wish we could get another Red Tornado as I missed out on the SY289.

I was fortunate to get Red Tornado off of E-bay. On Aliexdpress, i only saw the figure in a set.

19 hours ago, Bob F said:

I was fortunate to get Red Tornado off of E-bay. On Aliexdpress, i only saw the figure in a set.

Yeah, I was going back an forth over spending $5 for the figure or $7 for the set. 

Looks like XINH is trying to round out there Suicide Squad figures and add some more CW stuff to the mix.

759-766.jpg

Looking at DTB's Review of XH0173 I have high hopes for these ones. 

Edited by CaptvirgilHilts

Ok... Second one I got, from diferent stores, and they all have the same spot in the chest...

And, all of them have it in the pictures on Ali...

Who does have one without it?!?!?!? :)

BatwomanStarSapphire-2.jpg