Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

4 minutes ago, bbquicksilver said:

I do ask for refunds, but it seems like aliexpress is starting to care less and less. For my last order I marked the minifig as not received and wrong address just because the options are so limited.

It's been about two months since I've had to open a dispute,my last two were for receiving the wrong figure and a figure missing the torso and head. 

Everytime there is something wrong I go straight to opening a dispute and the two mentioned above didn't even get to the seller response stage as I had AE swoop in under 12 hours and rule in my favor each time for having an account "in such good standing" seemed really weird to me.

1 hour ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

It's been about two months since I've had to open a dispute,my last two were for receiving the wrong figure and a figure missing the torso and head. 

Everytime there is something wrong I go straight to opening a dispute and the two mentioned above didn't even get to the seller response stage as I had AE swoop in under 12 hours and rule in my favor each time for having an account "in such good standing" seemed really weird to me.

I find that kind of wild because I have been buying for atleast a year and have always had issues here and there. Maybe 2/5 orders I get are perfect.

13 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

What do you guys do in your aliexpress order disputes if they fail to ship say 1/8 minifigs you order. Lately I have been getting orders where the sellers will leave one minifigure out and propose that they send it to you in the next order. It feels like a scam because they just want you to order more. 

I had the same as you. At that moment it wasn't a big of a deal, because i wanted to order more in the first place, but i saw their proposal too late, so they gave me the refund back. I answered with "i'm sorry, i saw your proposal too late" and then i got a villainous "you make my shop look bad". I was really shocked. They were the ones that forgot that figure i ordered and paid for in the first place so what's that tone for? If it was a shop in my neighbourhood i would have went there and really make a scene. To go to a store in China to make some ruckus is a bit much lol.

12 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

I find that kind of wild because I have been buying for atleast a year and have always had issues here and there. Maybe 2/5 orders I get are perfect.

My last orders do have a lot of faults as well lately. Missing figs, missing arms, stuff like that. It is annoying really.

I think Aliexpress should bring in a new penalty: a full refund of the total amount you paid for that order. I think the shops will work harder and check better for mistakes then. A shop missing 80 cents for a minifig is maybe ok, but losing 15 dollar for a whole order is not really wanted i guess.

Edited by Borex

I've had maybe four problems.  I order a figure weekly.  I never had a problem resolving a dispute yet.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, Afolkingdom said:

Does anyone have the Masters of the Universe Pogo figures that have the new molds.  Can you tell me where to get them. Have they been released? Also what is the quality like.

13 hours ago, Afolkingdom said:

Anyone know anything about the he man figs

Yeah, the figs are out. I've only got the first wave so far, but the second wave is supposed to be in the mail. The molds are good, but there may be some printing issues here and there.

I would recommend checking out the reviews on this site:

https://downtheblocks.blogspot.com/search/label/Masters of the Universe

Here's the first wave:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs-lot-PG8089-Zodak-Rattlor-HE-Man-MASTERS-Ram-Man-PAKER-Ske-Letor-Sorceress-TRI-KLOPS/32842004253.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10342_10547_10325_10546_10343_10340_10548_10341_10545_10084_10083_10613_10615_10307_10614_10059_10314_10534_100031_10604_10103_10142,searchweb201603_6,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=f1ff18b6-5198-46ac-bde7-067cdba4dd54-2&algo_pvid=f1ff18b6-5198-46ac-bde7-067cdba4dd54&transAbTest=ae803_5&priceBeautifyAB=0

and here's the second wave:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs-lot-PG8094-Super-Heroes-HE-Man-MASTERS-Evil-Lyn-Whipcash-Trap-Jaw-Manaface-Beastman-Building/32847573238.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10342_10547_10325_10546_10343_10340_10548_10341_10545_10084_10083_10613_10615_10307_10614_10059_10314_10534_100031_10604_10103_10142,searchweb201603_25,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=4b02e720-5852-4278-a999-c910c2ca1eb1-12&algo_pvid=4b02e720-5852-4278-a999-c910c2ca1eb1&transAbTest=ae803_5&priceBeautifyAB=0

You might be able to get a better deal from a different seller, idk I just grabbed on of the first links that came up. Just use the product codes to search for stuff.

1 hour ago, Bob F said:

I've had maybe four problems.  I order a figure weekly.  I never had a problem resolving a dispute yet.

What store do you order from? Because some I have no problem with, it's the newer ones.

On 1/8/2018 at 10:11 PM, Afolkingdom said:

Anyone know anything about the he man figs

I received 3 copies of the POGO Evil Lyn fig yesterday.  The printing was the worst I’ve ever seen.  You could see the underlying blue color of the legs through the yellow ink, and there were stray bits of ink everywhere.

3 hours ago, fastlindyrick said:

I received 3 copies of the POGO Evil Lyn fig yesterday.  The printing was the worst I’ve ever seen.  You could see the underlying blue color of the legs through the yellow ink, and there were stray bits of ink everywhere.

I'd wish I could say I was shocked but Pogo always seems to be up and down with its QC. New molds are great but not very helpful if the printing sucks. 

1 minute ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

I'd wish I could say I was shocked but Pogo always seems to be up and down with its QC. New molds are great but not very helpful if the printing sucks. 

I've just been taking some photos of SY figures (both new and 3-4 years old) and it's amazing how the quality has been sinking, especially with Pogo, compared to the better brands. It's only the sheer quantity of their figures that give them any merit.

12 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

I've just been taking some photos of SY figures (both new and 3-4 years old) and it's amazing how the quality has been sinking, especially with Pogo, compared to the better brands. It's only the sheer quantity of their figures that give them any merit.

It’s fun to get all these new figures, but if the quality is not good enough you don’t like them the same level you like the ones with good printing and that is frustrating because some characters you like more than others. I am becoming more and more selective and never place orders when i didn’t see real images. Also i try to avoid pogo if possible because i think their printing is really below decent most of the times. 

17 minutes ago, Borex said:

I am becoming more and more selective and never place orders when i didn’t see real images. Also i try to avoid pogo if possible because i think their printing is really below decent most of the times. 

I agree with both 100%! After some bad purchases, now I always wait for real pictures and I look especially at details because sometimes they are different from the "preview" pictures.

On 8-1-2018 at 3:10 AM, Afolkingdom said:

Does anyone have the Masters of the Universe Pogo figures that have the new molds.  Can you tell me where to get them. Have they been released? Also what is the quality like. 

Pix of the figs I have (the other 4 are underway)

Note that I switched He-Man's head as the fig I got was a misprint. A new one is on its way.

20171221_203940.jpg.02bebacc2491094aa9cd

Heman2.jpg.30f328d7aaa6829555603b836f638

The moulds on those new parts are pretty good but the print looks terrible throughout... and some of the design work is terrible. Such a shame as He-Man’s chest plate, sword, shield and hair are really good.

On 20/10/2016 at 1:30 PM, wasswass said:

New Batman and Wolverine variations, including a shirtless one:

TzMitw3.jpg

Were these ever produced??? Can't find them anywhere!!! :(

2 hours ago, Moyalmas said:

Were these ever produced??? Can't find them anywhere!!! :(

They were originally released by Zhiao. I have that version.

http://www.herobloks.com/figures/search/brand=Zhiao

As I'm aware Zhiao and JLB are the same brand. They just had a name change over the years.

Either way this is an old set, and not a very good one at that (apart from the uniqueness).

23 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

They were originally released by Zhiao. I have that version.

http://www.herobloks.com/figures/search/brand=Zhiao

As I'm aware Zhiao and JLB are the same brand. They just had a name change over the years.

Either way this is an old set, and not a very good one at that (apart from the uniqueness).

So... they do exist eheheheheh  Thanx :)

I can see quality isn't the best but, as you said, it's just about uniqueness... i have over 100+ diferent Batman and 15 Wolverine... and i'm missing those :)

Can't find them in Ebay or Aliexpress... but will still try :)

Thanx again

8 minutes ago, Moyalmas said:

So... they do exist eheheheheh  Thanx :)

I can see quality isn't the best but, as you said, it's just about uniqueness... i have over 100+ diferent Batman and 15 Wolverine... and i'm missing those :)

Can't find them in Ebay or Aliexpress... but will still try :)

Thanx again

Good luck! Iv ordered this set 3 times over the years and was sent 3 different sets each time.  

On a side note I can’t find the minecraft batman

6 minutes ago, Mattyj82 said:

Good luck! Iv ordered this set 3 times over the years and was sent 3 different sets each time.  

On a side note I can’t find the minecraft batman

The thing is that i don't even find them... they have pictures of it (if you google it), but after being redirected, "page not found"...

I have the Minecraft one, as well as thr rest of the set ( 8pcs SY611)

Edited by Moyalmas

Could happen, but it might not close the pirates down completely. Kids in China seem to know their fakes from the real deal (or, at least those asked on the street when an interviewer showed figures). But hey, so long as I get to finish my JSA.

21 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Could spell the end of bootlegs. For those who don't know, Tencent is the Google/Apple of China. Top 5 global tech company by market cap. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/toymaker-lego-teams-up-with-chinese-internet-giant-tencent-9862530

I cannot see how this digital content will affect bootleg figures.

42 minutes ago, MAB said:

I cannot see how this digital content will affect bootleg figures.

You're not seeing the bigger picture here. 

Tencent is not some no-name company. Firstly, it is a tech Giant with a capital G. How Giant? $600BN company with a market cap that surpassed Facebook last year. Yeah, that FB. Tencent is now larger than 99% of US companies by market cap -- in fact there are only a handful larger -- Apple, Google, Microsoft. That's about it. Let that sink in for a moment because you (and a lot of people outside of Asia) probably have never heard of Tencent. Perhaps it's because I live in Asia that I know that if there is one non US company poised to join the ranks of Google, FB and Amazon -- it's Tencent. The rise of Tencent cannot be underestimated. On any given trading day, Tencent is now one of the top 5 most valuable companies (in the world!) by market cap. Why is this important? Well, it's because people read Tencent and *shrug* and say who? Well, they have massive clout in China and Asia (more on that later).

Why do you think LEGO has teamed up with them? Because they care so much about digital gaming? (meh -- maybe at the margin, perhaps). There is another reason. A very strategic one. Because you can be sure that there was some agreement that Lego would get some onshore support to combat piracy of its brand (read: bootlegs). How does teaming up with Tencent achieve that? Because this strategic partnership means that Lego is now a Tencent partner and by extension a part of their branding. I cannot stress just how important potential global champions are for China. Tencent is on a very short list and I would argue THE leading candidate (not Alibaba). If they really wanted, China could crush the bootlegs out of existence. It's only a matter of motivation and political will. And the Chinese are shrewd at business (perhaps the shrewdest?). Tencent absolutely, positively knows why LEGO wants to team up with them. They get it and they will deliver. Because from China's perspective, when you are trying to build up a global leader, you can't have the stink of bootlegs follow you around. 

At a minimum, this will be an interesting story to watch closely. Personally, I think it's a brilliant strategic move in my view. Do you disagree?

Edited by agoodfella77