Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

2 hours ago, Bob F said:

I think the  top one was a character in Spiderverse.

I've skimmed the whole Spider-verse saga and can't find any matches. There's one similar to the top (which has already been released by Pogo), but it's not the one.

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Ugh, so a few single sale options are turning up for the series 175, but still no Alan Scott.

the only listing I can find is here X0175 Super Heroes Single Sale Vixen Elektra White Black...

but it looks like they are sold out of that figure. Not surprising considering I just noticed it comes with a GL ring too. 

Normally I opt for Five-Stars Blocks Store but they are a little slower to add in new things. 

31 minutes ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

the only listing I can find is here X0175 Super Heroes Single Sale Vixen Elektra White Black...

but it looks like they are sold out of that figure. Not surprising considering I just noticed it comes with a GL ring too. 

Normally I opt for Five-Stars Blocks Store but they are a little slower to add in new things. 

When new figures are shown as unavailable like that it's normally because they haven't been released. Waves seem to creep out over a week or two. Be patient and Alan will show up.

22 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

So are any of these a real thing in any comic, game or cartoon?

That wonder woman spiderman is the worst lol. It looks like Peter is going in drag to a costume party. 

Captain Spiderman looks cool and ready to take on the lead of the avengers. Nice fig for creating your own avengers team. 

Biker spider looks indeed like the one pogo already did, but maybe they used him as inspiration. Kinda hope for the words "spider mc" on the back and him being a real biker :-) Nevertheless not a great fig.

black cat can be fairly easy modified to Arachne, so that's cool. 

And deadspider? Mehhh

but to answer your question, i have no idea if they are comic/cartoonrelated. They seem just like random designs to me. 

2 hours ago, Borex said:

That wonder woman spiderman is the worst lol.

Honestly guys?

The bootleg quality has gone down the crapper. I mean it wasn't the greatest to begin with, but at its peak SY, Decool, Dargo had some really nice pad printed gems. You could generally count on a decent, clean print for, say, 3 out of 5 or 1 out of 2 of the same fig (hence why I generally bought multiple figs of the same item -- to ensure I could put together a clean fig).

But now? The strategy is very clearly about massive volume at the expense of quality control (and even the prices aren't really that compelling anymore when you factor in that a lot of times you don't have an option for the slower free shipping) -- you could be paying about $4-5 per fig once you factor in shipping and having to buy multiple figs to get to a clean one.

And design? We've gone a while since we've seen a really unique innovative design come out of the bootlegs -- they've clearly resorted to straight out copy pasta of the most prolific customizers (Leyile, Engineerio, etc.) I think this is one of the major reasons (if not the reason) that John at OLS has called it quits. 

In the end, I am questioning more and more whether I'm actually getting value out of these purchases... 

Of course in the near term for impossible to get figs like Deadpool Duck, there are no other viable options, but still, the drop in quality has been really disappointing -- the hey days of bootlegs could be over for me...

Edited by agoodfella77

The printing quality is an issue for me as well. I order a lot less figs because i just think they're too crappy. Also the plastic is sometimes very crappy. 

Still i can't let myself miss a few of them, but when i receive them i always ask myself if i really needed them. And it is almost always because of printing issues. 

So the good thing about the bootlegs right now is that they give us 'original' (stolen from the customisers) characters instead of always the same ones, but if the printing issues keep getting worse i believe (and hope) they will lose customers quick. 

If they stay on their path of poor quality then they may just end up being solely for the market they originally were created for... low end Eastern market stalls.

It's only the quality that SY and DLP reached (as well as Decool at times) that brought them to the attention of the custom minifugre-buying public in the West.

Even though I've sold all my custom figures I still keep an eye out at what's happening with these and I'm with Ed... I've seen nothing that's been worth picking up even at £1 a figure. Digger's reviews are just further proof of how bad these things have gotten en masse.

I must have lower standards! I was quite happy with my disco nightwing and golden age flash. Two out of two copies (one for myself and one for a friend). Also, just found the CW Supergirl and the Alan Scott GL figures and made my order. 

They have honestly got a quality improvement on the past, as the local comic con guys older stock was baaad quality.

Anyway, hoping to collect my way to a full golden age JSA (keeping my peepers peeled or Dr. Midnight, Golden Age Mr Terrific and a Wildcat, hoping a Black Canary meets my requirements.) But I am mostly looking for the Enlighten collectable figure series on single sale and the odd military or SWAT guys to buff up my adventurer armoury.

14 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I must have lower standards! I was quite happy with my disco nightwing and golden age flash. Two out of two copies (one for myself and one for a friend). Also, just found the CW Supergirl and the Alan Scott GL figures and made my order. 

They have honestly got a quality improvement on the past, as the local comic con guys older stock was baaad quality.

Anyway, hoping to collect my way to a full golden age JSA (keeping my peepers peeled or Dr. Midnight, Golden Age Mr Terrific and a Wildcat, hoping a Black Canary meets my requirements.) But I am mostly looking for the Enlighten collectable figure series on single sale and the odd military or SWAT guys to buff up my adventurer armoury.

Can you post the link to the shop with the Supergirl and Alan Scott, Pep?

There's also a golden age Superman doing the rounds. It's a copy of a Christo figure. Paris Custom Bricks printed a Wildcat so when the bootleggers get onto his designs you should be good!

I kept a few military figures but I've mainly stuck with some Citizen Brick German WWI stuff and my squad of 4 80's SAS figures. I may get round to a helicopter MOC at some point so they can hit an embassy or two.

18 minutes ago, Krikkit said:

Anyone remember the SY set number of the Red Skull Sub?

The one with Blob : SY577

On 8/18/2017 at 3:22 PM, CaptvirgilHilts said:

On 8/18/2017 at 0:55 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Ugh, so a few single sale options are turning up for the series 175, but still no Alan Scott.

Alan Scott is on the link you posted now.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, wickedlemon said:

I've skimmed the whole Spider-verse saga and can't find any matches. There's one similar to the top (which has already been released by Pogo), but it's not the one.

I thought the first one was Assassin Spider-man. I was wrong

3 hours ago, Krikkit said:

My shameless Flickr plug !

Where did you get the head for the Lizard figure?

On 19/08/2017 at 11:43 AM, agoodfella77 said:

In the end, I am questioning more and more whether I'm actually getting value out of these purchases... 

On 19/08/2017 at 11:57 AM, Borex said:

So the good thing about the bootlegs right now is that they give us 'original' (stolen from the customisers) characters instead of always the same ones, but if the printing issues keep getting worse i believe (and hope) they will lose customers quick. 

On 19/08/2017 at 7:19 PM, Robianco said:

If they stay on their path of poor quality then they may just end up being solely for the market they originally were created for... low end Eastern market stalls.

I doubt they care if they lose the AFOL customisers. They sell in huge quantities, and will probably keep selling huge quantities through ali and ebay, etc even if the quality drops.

Although I recently got some fake CMF for my kids to play with, the prints are perfectly fine. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between fake and real torsos without looking for the logo or comparing side to side. The hands are the giveaway for me, they don't feel quite right. But for customisers, these are easy to replace.

On 20/08/2017 at 6:07 PM, Peppermint_M said:

@Robianco I found a store called Bricks Minifigures 

They were reliable. I say 'were', because it looks like the store's abruptly ceased to be. (It's still online, but all stock was listed as unavailable a couple of days back, and now all listings are lacking images, etc.)

Edited by craiggrannell

Well butts. Going to have to see if my order exists still. 

Edit: checked my emails, looks like my figures shipped. So I should get them.