Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

John Constantine from World Minifigures, product code is WM205. Glad to see DC is starting to get more attention from bootleggers.

TMGT-Single-Sale-WM205-Constantine-Custo

If John Constantine had a lovechild with Shaun of the Dead it would look something like this.

12 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Or, if John Constantine was played by Simon Pegg ~(100% would watch that.) 

Ha... Yeah... I'd fear for the accent though. As a scouser I'm very critical of the accent and if it didn't sound right it would bugger the whole thing up for me. He'd have to have some lessons from his old mate Serafinowicz first.

Wowzers!! Tarantula!! 

I want the whole wave. I really hope the prints are superb on all of these. 

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Who is the guy in purple?  He reminds me of Paladin, from the 80s.  But it can't really be him, can it?

It is him

Yes, Paladin. Odd choice, isn't it? But i like it!

in other news:

michael jackson and breaking bad

kf236.jpg

BREAKING+BAD.jpg

Well that's Christo's original Whiplash I think and it looks like they've copied the CitizenBrick Breaking Bad wave there along with come of their own options... or even minifigures.com.

they tend to copy a lot of leyile bricks and engeneerio at the moment i believe. It's always copied stuff anyways. 

I just hope the prints are decent enough to make them purchaseworthy. The sy days of way back are no more, every fig can be hit or miss nowadays. 

Quazar looked good so i definitely are going to get him. Symbiote deadpool not so much, so i'm in doubt getting him

10 hours ago, Borex said:

they tend to copy a lot of leyile bricks and engeneerio at the moment i believe. It's always copied stuff anyways. 

I just hope the prints are decent enough to make them purchaseworthy. The sy days of way back are no more, every fig can be hit or miss nowadays. 

Quazar looked good so i definitely are going to get him. Symbiote deadpool not so much, so i'm in doubt getting him

Yeah... That Whiplash could be spectacular if they get it right.

I must admit I've sold all my custom figures and I'm getting rid of my Super Hero figures altogether so I've bot been checking the compatible figures that much. I'd hope that they keep improving and making things really worth getting.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Yeah... That Whiplash could be spectacular if they get it right.

I must admit I've sold all my custom figures and I'm getting rid of my Super Hero figures altogether so I've bot been checking the compatible figures that much. I'd hope that they keep improving and making things really worth getting.

You did what?! Still into star wars i hope? Or you are done with Lego? @Robianco

Didn't you have like a huge collection dc as well?

45 minutes ago, Borex said:

You did what?! Still into star wars i hope? Or you are done with Lego? @Robianco

Didn't you have like a huge collection dc as well?

Ha... yeah. I got to the point where there was over £400 a month of new custom figures hitting the market and it just got ridiculous. I've got around 10 from 70 or so customs left. I've still got 6 Christo figures on the way from ordering them 4 months ago so they'll be sold when they arrive. At least there's a very healthy profit in them. I've got every DC figure they've ever released. (although I'm officially missing a couple of the SDCC figures but I've got pad printed customs of those).

I decided to stick with OT Star Wars (which includes Rogue One) although I'm moving on any Force Awakens stuff I've got. I've not got the space for things and my loft is filling up with things I haven't built so I'm going sell so keep things normal. There's a very expensive UCS Falcon on the way and I'd rather buy that and build it than around 10 custom figures or various other Super Heroes sets with mediocre builds.

I'm still undecided whether to sell the figures separately and then just have a big auction for the set builds or put the figures back with the builds and sell the sets individually. I've decided to keep the Tumbler and the 1966 Batcave as the builds are something I like.

I did treat myself to a Hot Toys Boba Felt and Stormtrooper though.

Edited by Robianco

17 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Ha... yeah. I got to the point where there was over £400 a month of new custom figures hitting the market and it just got ridiculous. I've got around 10 from 70 or so customs left. I've still got 6 Christo figures on the way from ordering them 4 months ago so they'll be sold when they arrive. At least there's a very healthy profit in them. I've got every DC figure they've ever released. (although I'm officially missing a couple of the SDCC figures but I've got pad printed customs of those).

I decided to stick with OT Star Wars (which includes Rogue One) although I'm moving on any Force Awakens stuff I've got. I've not got the space for things and my loft is filling up with things I haven't built so I'm going sell so keep things normal. There's a very expensive UCS Falcon on the way and I'd rather buy that and build it than around 10 custom figures or various other Super Heroes sets with mediocre builds.

I'm still undecided whether to sell the figures separately and then just have a big auction for the set builds or put the figures back with the builds and sell the sets individually. I've decided to keep the Tumbler and the 1966 Batcave as the builds are something I like.

Sooooo, how many First Order stormies would you say you have? :laugh:

35 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Good job. Sometimes you need to make choices like that. I became very selective with buying stuff. I still buy too much minifigs though. I never bought real customs, because if i did, i know i would want more :-D

3 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Sooooo, how many First Order stormies would you say you have? :laugh:

I have quite a few as well as the various gunners and riot stormies. Enough to fill a frame perhaps? ;)

14 hours ago, Robianco said:

I have quite a few as well as the various gunners and riot stormies. Enough to fill a frame perhaps? ;)

Haha, sounds good, and slightly expensive.

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

Haha, sounds good, and slightly expensive.

You're not doing a frame of First Order too are you?

9 minutes ago, Robianco said:

You're not doing a frame of First Order too are you?

Haha, nah I highly doubt it. I'll probably be sticking to one large frame of general stormtroopers with the odd one like Phasma, Shadow Troopers etc thrown in for a mix up, and then have some smaller satellite frames around it with say Vader, Boba & the Bounty Hunters in, plus some other characters from memorable scenes. Do you have Stormtrooper Finn?

Sorry - I shouldn't be using this thread for this!

19 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Where can I find SY186 and SY187?

186 u will be very lucky to find. Been looking for a year, managed to blue lantern on eBay for a few quid. 

187 stil pops up on aliexpress. Search superman blocks. Think they got the old legs? 

Edit:

after 20mins I found this. Cant vouch  for the seller. The figs in the photos have sy stands.

Edited by Mattyj82