Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

Just now, craiggrannell said:

Grabbed some of the Who figs, which arrived this morning. Prints are surprisingly good. I wish Lego would do more official figures for the series though. (A licensed pack with a few extra Doctors, some Cybermen, and so on, would go down every well, I imagine. Alas.)

How do the figures compare to the renders? Is River's hair completely wrong?

No idea – I didn't buy that one. I got three Doctors (guitar one; Smith; Baker) and a couple of weeping angels, because I thought it'd be funny to dot them about my Lego modulars. (I currently only have two official ones, and the TARDIS set's OOP now.)

5 hours ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

Looking at some new actual pictures of Robin and Batgirl it appears that XINH has indeed figured out the dual molding, not perfect though.

Pogo Pink batgirl looks dual moulded too

On 07/03/2017 at 0:13 PM, Robianco said:

On anybody's travels has anyone seen any custom moulded (bootleg) Star Wars blasters? I've picked up a few from BrickArms including the recent pack with their version of Fett's EE-3 as well as the new Bowcaster, Rey's silver blaster and various others. I'd love to kit all my stormtroopers out with some custom E-11 blasters but I'd need around 30 of them. Anybody seen any?

This might be of use, I bought some of these a while back and they had about 6 weapons with each figure. So one long storm trooper rifle, one stormtrooper blaster, one hand blaster etc

so if these haven't been opened then you should essentially have 60 weapons in there. And then just use the cruddy stormtroopers for parts, as it's still way cheaper than the original blasters that are over £1 per piece. Check with the seller first though as to how many weapons per figure.

13 hours ago, MNW said:

This might be of use, I bought some of these a while back and they had about 6 weapons with each figure. So one long storm trooper rifle, one stormtrooper blaster, one hand blaster etc

so if these haven't been opened then you should essentially have 60 weapons in there. And then just use the cruddy stormtroopers for parts, as it's still way cheaper than the original blasters that are over £1 per piece. Check with the seller first though as to how many weapons per figure.

Is there a link for this?

18 hours ago, sponge_bob said:

Lego Avengers Minifigure Encyclopedia by Spc_Cw8y, on Flickr

An interpretation of the Avengers Encyclopedia in minifigure form. Uses a combination of parts from official, 3rd party customs, own customs and bootleg figures. Stay tuned for regular updates!

What? This makes absolutely no sense. 

Edited by Marcus45

On 3/15/2017 at 10:29 AM, Robianco said:

Question for Robianco and the other custom collectors here:

Are there any threads here or elsewhere similar to this but for customs? Trawling the net finding info for herobloks.com I keep coming across customs I need. Oops.

17 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

Question for Robianco and the other custom collectors here:

Are there any threads here or elsewhere similar to this but for customs? Trawling the net finding info for herobloks.com I keep coming across customs I need. Oops.

It's always hard for customs. It's pretty much just down to stores and what they have in stock. Minifigures.co.uk stocks from a lot of sellers so is a decent place to start. OLS' eBay page has been closed for a while but he's sending new stock through to minifigures.co.uk so they'll all be appearing on there.

Christo's website is outdated. Leyilebrick pretty much have all their stock on the site. Then I'd just be listing the sellers main sites to show what figures they have. Brothersfigure, Phoenix Customs, Cyclops bricks...

I could probably compile a list of Christo's stuff for you as well as Phoenix Customs, NACM Customs, Cyclops Bricks, UG Minifigures etc... basically anyone who pad prints. There are so many digital figures done I don't even look at them.

14 minutes ago, Robianco said:

It's always hard for customs. It's pretty much just down to stores and what they have in stock. Minifigures.co.uk stocks from a lot of sellers so is a decent place to start. OLS' eBay page has been closed for a while but he's sending new stock through to minifigures.co.uk so they'll all be appearing on there.

Christo's website is outdated. Leyilebrick pretty much have all their stock on the site. Then I'd just be listing the sellers main sites to show what figures they have. Brothersfigure, Phoenix Customs, Cyclops bricks...

I could probably compile a list of Christo's stuff for you as well as Phoenix Customs, NACM Customs, Cyclops Bricks, UG Minifigures etc... basically anyone who pad prints. There are so many digital figures done I don't even look at them.

I'm not too bad at trawling the net to compile info - although feel free to let me know if I've missed any figures. I was more curious as to whether there was any sort of community discussion like this? Apart from following each other on Flickr the whole custom scene seems a bit disjointed.

My Engineerio Captain Britain arrived yesterday and I've got to pick up my LeYiLe Brick Cap today.

3 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

I'm not too bad at trawling the net to compile info - although feel free to let me know if I've missed any figures. I was more curious as to whether there was any sort of community discussion like this? Apart from following each other on Flickr the whole custom scene seems a bit disjointed.

My Engineerio Captain Britain arrived yesterday and I've got to pick up my LeYiLe Brick Cap today.

Yeah... I'm sure your web research would be more detailed than mine. As you say I think Flickr seems to be the main meeting place for customs. I'm not really on Instagram but there may be some presence on there.. I know Agoodfella has quite a few followers on there.

There's a seller on eBay who seems to be doing pad printing but relatively cheaply (£17 per figure or so) and at the moment they're doing SDCC figures but on official Lego parts. What's the print like on Engineerio's stuff. At first I thought they were a OLS clone but they seem to have a good printer.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Yeah... I'm sure your web research would be more detailed than mine. As you say I think Flickr seems to be the main meeting place for customs. I'm not really on Instagram but there may be some presence on there.. I know Agoodfella has quite a few followers on there.

There's a seller on eBay who seems to be doing pad printing but relatively cheaply (£17 per figure or so) and at the moment they're doing SDCC figures but on official Lego parts. What's the print like on Engineerio's stuff. At first I thought they were a OLS clone but they seem to have a good printer.

I spent a long time deliberating on the Engineerio figure. I think he started off selling a lot of decal stuff, so the quality seemed to vary dramatically in photos.

Glad I bought it though. It's a nice figure. Engineerio on the left and LeYiLe Brick on the right.

33452697776_a04d4f88b8_z.jpg

14 minutes ago, Borex said:

I'd like to see the Leyile Brick body and the Engineerio head being bootlegged.

Well DLP love raiding LeLiYe and Engineerio's Jyn Erso was done recently. So it could happen.

On 3/1/2017 at 2:14 AM, jeduh said:

Doubt so since it's not a very well known character.... Unless Pogo release it too.

Hey Jeduh, sent you a message, not sure if you got it...

Looking for the best seller for the Wolverine with the shoulder pads. Is there one out there that is better than the other? I missed out on getting KO's version.

Got my DLP Iron Man wave arrive. Haven't built them all yet but the Superior Iron Man is very impressive with back and side leg printing. I don't think any of the others are quite as detailed, but it looks like the usual DLP good print quality. Now just need to find some colour match Iron Man helmets to go with them all. I'll sort some pics out later.