Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

This week end I checked a PotC Black Pearl and is it quite good for the price :

For the MF : some arms are badly molded as if the character had a huge cramp
Some background torso color is not right (eg grey for Will's neck)
Davy Jones is blue and not dark blue.

For the set some minor complaints :
- the cannon's springs are wrongly set : they are fully pulled hence you can't fire
- No extra part at all, not even a hand
- The strings with studs are sustibuted with regular strings and chain extremities so you have to do you own knots
- instructions have cgi issues (parts appearing at front while other parts should be covering them)
- trans orange parts are replaced with trans red wich I like better.
- you have a sprue of modern weapons just to have the knife so my pirates now have grenades yeehaa

Edited by palandir

My DLP Batman wave with Zebra and Rainbow arrived today. The copies of the LBM figures are clearly inferior to the official ones. I just thought I'd mention that although there's no reason to pick this set up for those figures as they're widely available CMFs anyway.

Rainbow and Zebra on the other hand are both pretty fantastic. Zebra in particular in VERY close to my Christo version... all except the cape which isn't quite as detailed and is two pieces bonded together so it's quite stiff. Print all over the body is almost identical to Christo as the cowl has all the same printing too.

Zebra is also pretty close to the Brothers Figure version although the spray painting of the BF figure obviously goes to edges that the bootleg doesn't. The cape also doesn't have quite the vibrancy of colour of the plastic one on the BF figure but is still seems better than the Pogo images I've seen. Cowl is excellently printed except for the two areas on the inside of the 'ears' of the cowl that the printer just couldn't reach. If you wanted to mask off and paint those then that would finish it off.

The 'Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner' of the wave is the Batman 3000 figure. Hands down the best version of this figure I've seen even over the OLS version. Really nice arm printing as well as very clean and detailed torso and leg print. Head is also very nicely printed with very good design and red band to finish off the look. Cape is double sided with dark red on the inner and black on the outer. I've swapped the cowl out for a genuine one as the DLP is quite shiny (to be honest the plastic on all of the figures is very shiny).

I'll take some pictures of the Zebra and Rainbow next to their expensive counterparts so you can see for yourself as well as the fantastic 3000 figure.

Did anyone else notice the small build you can make with the batman dlp set is the boat from the new killer croc set?

Batman 3000Lego Rainbow BatmanLego Zebra Batman

2 hours ago, Mattyj82 said:

Did anyone else notice the small build you can make with the batman dlp set is the boat from the new killer croc set?

I didn't get any packaging but I've got all the parts here... I may take a look at that and give it to my daughter.

9 hours ago, briksen said:

those zebra/rainbow batman was made by DLP only or differents versions exists ?

I think there are also versions by Pogo?

I only really picked the  age up for Batman 3000... my 7yr old had been asking for a Zebra and Rainbow Bats of her own and buying these was better than her playing with the customs.

pogo or "KF" ? i think it's just a single sale version of that dlp set... Batman 3000 looks great, zebra is funny and i like cave bat too.

and glam-rock batman, but that one is from pogo...

by the way, Xinh version of that wave seems to have dual moulded legs

I've just noticed that the other Zebra Batman is listed as Decool on Ali. The Decool cowl actually looks better in the eye moulding and the print. There's a store with single sale on the DLP wave as well as the other so if I was going to spend £2 or so for a Zebra Bats I'd pick up the DLP and Decool and mix them.

The other Rainbow Bats has the newer chinless cowl so they're definitely a different manufacturer. The Decool Zebra has the telltale straight hip piece so that's also definitely a different manufacturer to the DLP one.

i know Suicide Squad wasn't generally well received (i personally loved it), but i can't believe there aren't more figures based on the film knocking around.

unless i have missed anything XINH released a full set and POGO released a Joker & a Harley....what gives? i really can't believe POGO didn't at least make an 8 figure set

4 hours ago, Renzo649 said:

Joker Batman looks neat

HTB1yFJ.PXXXXXc_XVXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg?size=1

Think it looks better than the custom it's copied from. Penguinguy on eBay. 

53 minutes ago, superspurs18 said:

i know Suicide Squad wasn't generally well received (i personally loved it), but i can't believe there aren't more figures based on the film knocking around.

unless i have missed anything XINH released a full set and POGO released a Joker & a Harley....what gives? i really can't believe POGO didn't at least make an 8 figure set

I know I wish there were more. Iv seen custom joker henchmen. Should do a movie katana, rick Flagg, Waller and slipnot. Joker in black suit and riot gear would be great. Even a movie flash. 

Loved the film myself 

8 hours ago, Robianco said:

I've just noticed that the other Zebra Batman is listed as Decool on Ali. The Decool cowl actually looks better in the eye moulding and the print. There's a store with single sale on the DLP wave as well as the other so if I was going to spend £2 or so for a Zebra Bats I'd pick up the DLP and Decool and mix them.

The other Rainbow Bats has the newer chinless cowl so they're definitely a different manufacturer. The Decool Zebra has the telltale straight hip piece so that's also definitely a different manufacturer to the DLP one.

Have ordered the decool batman 3000 as it looks like it has side leg printing.

I am finding both dlp/kf have a certain amount of print alignment problems on torsos, so down to luck of the draw I guess

The dlp lobster lovin batman has a degree of this but the side torso printing (not on the official fig) covers it up.

Don't suppose anyone wants to sell me a iron man /deadpool mash up? From jx1001. I managed to get the batman & green lantern from the set from eBay but can't find deadpool (there's one but the seller has glued and screwed a woggle on to the fig)

22 hours ago, sponge_bob said:

Have ordered the decool batman 3000 as it looks like it has side leg printing.

I am finding both dlp/kf have a certain amount of print alignment problems on torsos, so down to luck of the draw I guess

The dlp lobster lovin batman has a degree of this but the side torso printing (not on the official fig) covers it up.

I've not seen a Decool 3000. Can you send a link?

Anyone ordered from the store TreasureCase on AliExpress? Thinking about placing an order from them, but I can't see if any of the feedback is from people in the UK...

Edited by Jammiedodger

3 hours ago, Jammiedodger said:

Anyone ordered from the store TresureCase on AliExpress? Thinking about placing an order from them, but I can't see if any of the feedback is from people in the UK...

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM

1 hour ago, Mattyj82 said:

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM

Typical... spent ages adding items to the basket and I've been after most of them for ages :sceptic: Care to elaborate a bit? Did the order not arrive or something? Anyone else had similar issues?

always had issues with treasure case: order not delivered, paint defects on figures and so on. but my last order (abomination) was perfect

7 hours ago, briksen said:

always had issues with treasure case: order not delivered, paint defects on figures and so on. but my last order (abomination) was perfect

Hmm, maybe I won't bother then. What stores do you guys recommend that always have good shipping times and good quality figures? You are experts compared to me!
Basically trying to get all the Iron Man and Batman variants as well as anything else that looks good!

Off the top of my head and a quick google I need SY605, Igor, Bleeding Edge, Mark 3, and the new Decool chrome ones. Pretty sure I have a spare set of SY262 if anyone wants to trade?

Edit: Also just remembered that I have a massive amount of spare minifigure parts (arms, hands, legs, bases etc) from whatever sets I got last time

Edited by Jammiedodger

4 hours ago, Jammiedodger said:

Hmm, maybe I won't bother then. What stores do you guys recommend that always have good shipping times and good quality figures? You are experts compared to me!
Basically trying to get all the Iron Man and Batman variants as well as anything else that looks good!

Off the top of my head and a quick google I need SY605, Igor, Bleeding Edge, Mark 3, and the new Decool chrome ones. Pretty sure I have a spare set of SY262 if anyone wants to trade?

Edit: Also just remembered that I have a massive amount of spare minifigure parts (arms, hands, legs, bases etc) from whatever sets I got last time

I'm actually about to get rid of a collection of around 25 to 30 Iron Man armours from various companies (SY, DLP, Decool etc). And I'm in the UK.

Iron Men

13 hours ago, Robianco said:

I'm actually about to get rid of a collection of around 25 to 30 Iron Man armours from various companies (SY, DLP, Decool etc). And I'm in the UK.

Iron Men

If I didn't already own all of these, I would be pretty interested !!!!

Enough of IM, Rob ?

58 minutes ago, lglh said:

If I didn't already own all of these, I would be pretty interested !!!!

Enough of IM, Rob ?

After reading your post again i had a feeling you did but I thought I'd leave it up there.

I got out of Marvel a year or so ago and sold everything so these are going too.