Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

I must admit I include any non-clone bootlegs in my Flickr feed, as well as the odd SDCC clone, but I've never had anyone comment in a negative way. I think I have enough official stuff and 'traditional' customs that I'm allowed to have a bootleg if I want one. I've photographed bootlegs of customs and clearly stated that until someone pad prints me a custom on official pieces then I'll keep the bootleg. I wouldn't worry about it. If they persist in commenting just block them.

Just a question.

What is Christo , Decool, OLS, Pogo ?
They are just people who sells Batman figs and Iron Man figs without paying license fee to DC and Marvel, right?

I don t understand  the problem ... 
Buying a fig from Christo or buying a fig from Pogo isn t the same illegal act ?

Edited by Sebiron
バカ!!

11 minutes ago, Sebiron said:

Just a question.

What is Christo , Decool, OLS, Pogo ?
They are just people who sells Batman figs and Iron Man figs without paying license fee to DC and Marvel, right?

I don t understand  the problem ... 
Buying a fig from Christo or buying a fig from Pogo isn t the same illegal act ?

From what I have gathered most people are fine with customs as they are typically very smalls runs of figures and they are done on TLG parts.

Typcailly the IP of the characters is ignored due to the use of TLG parts, the bootleggers are normally looked down on for using Lego IP, not the company who owns the character. You will find some people that object to both though.

Doesn't make sense to me at all but that's what I've gleaned over time.

Who cares. Spend your money on what you want. 

Im currently smooking a doobie watching a torrent of flash 

Might of even jay walked today. 

Never publicly weighed in on this, because it's not like I'm going to be convincing anyone one way or another, but customizers are still infringing on copyrights (Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, etc.), just not LEGO. If this is a black and white issue, customizers are still in the wrong, and Marvel could go after them justifiably for profiting off of their intellectual property. Naming a custom minifig "platinum dude who rides a surfboard" or "american captain" instead of Silver Surfer or Captain America isn't going to make an IP lawyer go "Oh, well in that case, all is forgiven." The only reason they're not targeted is because customizers are a cottage industry with tiny batch runs and therefore don't have deep pockets.

What I'm trying to say is that I laugh at those who think they have the moral high ground and scoff at bootlegs but are totally fine purchasing customs. Both are in the wrong.

Edited by adalric

9 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Has anyone received the new Ghostrider fig? can anyone confirm if the trans hair piece is removable?

Dargo one? Yes it is. Mine arrived yesterday.

10 minutes ago, wickedlemon said:

Mine is still on its way, but I'm glad I bought it if it actually removable :laugh:

Might use this hair to improve my Ghost Spiderman, even if this isn't blue.

3 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

Awesome news! Thanks! 

edit: Mind posting pics? Does it look (shape-wise) largely the same as the original?

Edited by agoodfella77

1 hour ago, agoodfella77 said:

Awesome news! Thanks! 

edit: Mind posting pics? Does it look (shape-wise) largely the same as the original?

Looks identical to the original, just a little darker.

q9PFzpC.jpg

HgsWUMt.jpg

I got the full Dargo set and it definitely has a few quirks here and there. Not going to go into specifics or advertise the TLG designed figures, but the New 52 Superman and new Spider-man (I think) variant seem relatively solid. The printing is a little imprecise all around, but nothing I can't live with and nothing worse than you'd ordinarily expect from Dargo.

22 minutes ago, mooproxy said:

I got the full Dargo set and it definitely has a few quirks here and there. Not going to go into specifics or advertise the TLG designed figures, but the New 52 Superman and new Spider-man (I think) variant seem relatively solid. The printing is a little imprecise all around, but nothing I can't live with and nothing worse than you'd ordinarily expect from Dargo.

My new 52 superman from Dargo was actually better than the one I got from DLP :/

39 minutes ago, jeduh said:

My new 52 superman from Dargo was actually better than the one I got from DLP :/

It's certainly not bad, but I do have a line or two where it's not properly printed so seems faded. And the dual-molded look on the legs really shows because the backs of them aren't printed.

17 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

Looks identical to the original, just a little darker.

q9PFzpC.jpg

HgsWUMt.jpg

Awesome, thanks for posting! Can't wait to get mine :)

2 hours ago, Mattyj82 said:

Big fig venom, spiderman baddies and desert bats

Thanks. Do you have a link/pic for this? I'm drawing a blank on AE and Google.

16 minutes ago, wickedlemon said:

Thanks. Do you have a link/pic for this? I'm drawing a blank on AE and Google.

Check on World Minifigures

New rainbow batman and new zoom figs at worldminifigures 

Just now, wickedlemon said:

TT Toys/WM have these listed:

Avblvzu.jpg

iKOgxJp.jpg

Haha beat me to it

The rainbow cowl looks well printed. Better than the custom iv seen on ebay.