Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

1 hour ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

It definitely depends on the brand, SY and Decool have long been the gold standard. As of late though SY seems to just rehash things and Decool have mainly been copying sets and been pretty dormant overall.

The big players now are XINH and Pogo, they are generally good but can sometimes suffer from poor artwork choice or quality assurance. DLP is some where in the middle with bringing out never done figs and churning out copies of TLG stuff.

It's best to normally wait until actual pictures popup on AE, but sometimes patience can override hesitation.

Quality varies from figure to figure, and even the best brands have shitty waves from time to time. At best they are pretty much indistinguishable from official at times. And if you're looking for something specific, feel free to ask. Note about this thread though is that the moderators of this forum don't want us talking about official designs which have been copied, so you likely won't get much help here if you want one of those. However there are places (like https://www.reddit.com/r/bootlego/) where there aren't such restrictions, so you'd probably have better luck there.

Guys, those batsuits (Not the Arkham one) are from the LEGO Batman Movie sets. Recall that this thread is allowed because it focuses on the actual unique figures, not the bootlegs.

Got these bricks minifigures (kopf)

14_image376.jpeg

If if you click the pic it isn't upside down

Edited by Mattyj82

On 07/11/2016 at 9:38 PM, mooproxy said:
38 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Guys, those batsuits (Not the Arkham one) are from the LEGO Batman Movie sets. Recall that this thread is allowed because it focuses on the actual unique figures, not the bootlegs.

Is it just the gold one? I don't think the Batriot and St Batricks Day are going to be released are they? The vambraces on the gold one are useful for customs such as Namor although they're not part of the released figure... best to avoid images like that though...

Yeah... that post got completely messed up with quotes. That's not a quote from Mooproxy... it's my post.

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

Apologies for posting the Bat-Pack photo I did so with the intention of showing the arm guards, I should have just cropped it, I have removed the image though.

To my knowledge the Batriot and the St. Batrick's designs haven't been revealed to be in any sets just yet.

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

This is a legit thread?? Well then. I've always wanted to get some of these figures because LEGO has and probably will never make all those Ironman suits or the St. Batricks suit. I don't know if I can bring myself to cheat on LEGO like that  :grin:

I've never seen a video or anything of people talking about these. Are they good quality or are they garbage knock offs? Do they fit well with LEGO or is it just like you can put Megablocks *spits on floor* but it doesn't fit well or stand strong. 

This is indeed a legit thread. As others have said the quality of 'bootlegs' can range from absolute crap to as good as Lego.

I know others have said that SY and Decool were the gold standard but after their very first waves SY really upped their game and, for me, were consistently excellent quality. Decool have always been prone to printing errors. Pogo and Xinh are the companies that have the widest and most diverse range of releases happening at the moment but I'd take one or two DLP figures over a wave of Pogo or Xinh. I think DLP work from the SY factory and they're currently the company capable of putting out stuff that you can have alongside Lego or top end pad print customisers and wouldn't look out of place.

With regards to cheating on Lego I'd say if you just wanted cheap versions of official stuff (the reason the old thread was shut down) then yeah... you could probably say you're cheating on Lego. But this thread is for stuff not released by Lego so there's no cheating going on... You can be completely monogamous for those things that Lego release... you can just expand things where you want to.

Here's some examples that I've currently got on my Flickr where I think the really good quality bootleg stuff can be as good as anything:

Lego Arkham BatmanThe Lego NightwingsBatman BeyondBatman Green LanternLego Aquaman (and Mera) CollectionCAP AMERICA & RED SKULL

You've got Arkham Knight Batman from DLP at the top, The second Nightwing in from the left is an SY figure with official head along with the regular Lego Nightwing releases, DLP Batman Beyond figure next to a Christo pad printed custom (DLP on the right), DLP Green Lantern Batman (the legs are genuine Lego and are printed worse than the torso), second Aquaman from the left is from SY with modded head alongside Christo's Mera and then Decool BvS Aquaman with Thorin head and hair (regular Aquaman on the left) and then finally an older SY torso of Captain America First Avenger alongside the Christo WWII Cap, Christo Red Skull and Phoenix's Stealth Suit Cap.

There's bootlegs that cost £1 alongside customs that cost a hell of a lot more and when they get them right they don't look out of place at all.

I've said this stuff many times so apologies to the regular readers for repeating myself but I still think a very well done bootleg, even on third party ABS, has a valid place alongside genuine Lego figures and other custom figures printed on Lego. The shields that the left two Cap figures on the photo above have are by Brickforge (left) and Christo's own moulded versions in silver... neither of these are genuine Lego ABS but are somehow considered superior and more widely accepted.

I'll also add in another:

Lego Legion of Superheroes Minifigures

If Lego don't give us Saturn Girl to round things off then we have something that won't make the lads too lonely.

Edited by Robianco

4 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Anyone got a link?

The one thing I think about the Iron Man stuff is that even though people are crying out for the remaining marks and I can see why... I still think some of the marks such as MkV can be done better. Most bootleggers have always printed grey or silvery arms but my Christo version has red arms with silver armour printed onto it and I think it looked better and closer to the film armour (although there was a lot of silver the tops and sides of the arms were red). I think if SY got things like that right they'd still be a pretty valuable addition to things. My Christo MKII, MKIII and MKV were far better than any bootleg and they were simpler in their design. I added bootleg helmets onto these and they looked fantastic.

IRON MAN WHIPLASH

Ohhh a red hulk. Hope kopf do a single sale.

Also that batman i posted a few images up is the one from  kf with the mech suit. Not building the mech bit the fig is nice. The mech comes with extra cowl and head. 

Wonder who makes this for kf. 

Edited by Mattyj82

30 minutes ago, Collector said:

Is that Thanos chromed, or did they just make it look shiny for some reason?

It's stylish, you know :wink:

What's this version of Captain America ??

(So jealous of your collection, Rob, as usual :wub: )

7 minutes ago, lglh said:

It's stylish, you know :wink:

What's this version of Captain America ??

(So jealous of your collection, Rob, as usual :wub: )

I don't own those Iron Man or Whiplash figures anymore so I'm sometimes a little jealous when I look at them too ;) ... Glad I moved away from marvel though. It was all getting a little too expensive.

With regards to those DLP figures though... The Iron Man and Thor are new along with the Hydra Cap which looks like it could be a clone of Phoenix Customs figure (which isn't even out yet), Red Hulk obviously isn't TLG as it's not a bigfig. Vision, Spidey and Hawkeye look like Tanker Truck Takedown clones though.

Sleeper Agent - PRESALE!

Edited by Robianco

Thanks both Aldaric and Robianco.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I don't own those Iron Man or Whiplash figures anymore so I'm sometimes a little jealous when I look at them too ;) ... Glad I moved away from marvel though. It was all getting a little too expensive.

I get that... Even if I stay with bootlegs instead of customs, it's a bit hard to keep up sometimes so I don't know how you do (or did) !

And Iron Man has always been my favorite (with the Silver Surfer). Unfortunately, it's a character that comes in lots of variants. 

Anyway, one DLP wave I need... again ! (even if it's for 3 figs)

Edited by lglh
spelling

12-Sets-Super-Hero-bumper-cars-Mini-Figures-Building-Toys-Fit-Lego-Toys-Gifts

Part of a set of 12 bumper cars on ebay. Really made me laugh for some reason.

Not as much as this though....... I know what to ask Santa for now,

Toilet-Building-Blocks-Toy-Mini-Educational-Toy-Loo-Lavatory-Great-Family-Games

Oh god look away now    lol

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by MarvelZombie
More pics.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:24 PM, tkkim79 said:

feQYpXc.jpg

Anyone know what Iron Man mark that is supposed to be? And that Thor... not sure what version that is, Biker Thor? LOL... And yeah I think Rob is right that looks like PCB's bastardized version of his Hydra Cap... not even waiting until that release that is bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off...

5 minutes ago, wickedlemon said:

Found another use for Pogo's Angel.

0JXjj8i.jpg

Who is it??? Angel body, beast boy head!

8 minutes ago, dnodar said:

Who is it??? Angel body, beast boy head!

The Changeling (Beast Boy) from the Teen Titans comics.

HSHrkTI.jpg

Edited by wickedlemon
Added picture