Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

8 minutes ago, MNW said:

Can somebody post a link to the new Batman? They already said we can post a link if it has a new figure, as long as we aren't showing a picture of copies of exisiting stuff here.

No links yet that picture popped up on Digger's FB page.

To be honest... regardless of the quality of the prints on those figures the vambraces are impossible to get hold of so if they're moulded to a decent standard they'd be worth picking up just for those.

2 hours ago, abby17 said:

Thank you :) and wow those Batman figures are "Bat-Sh*z crazy" xD

Like Rob, said it could be worth if it for the Vambraces. I only bought the Assassins creed set for the arm spikes.

Edited by MNW
updated

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

To be honest... regardless of the quality of the prints on those figures the vambraces are impossible to get hold of so if they're moulded to a decent standard they'd be worth picking up just for those.

Im thinking of picking up these just for those. They look like they would be perfect gold gauntlets fro a Link figure  

hey guys, what is pad printing? has anyone bought from popfunkmunkey because they have a good selection/whats your experience with this site? Are there better quality minifigs that aren't from china and aren't an insane price?

Edited by bbquicksilver
adding question

14 minutes ago, bbquicksilver said:

hey guys, what is pad printing? has anyone bought from popfunkmunkey because they have a good selection/whats your experience with this site? Are there better quality minifigs that aren't from china and aren't an insane price?

I've got one PopPunkMunky figure - original Captain Britain ( https://flic.kr/p/NHJb9e ). No problem with ordering and delivery. Penzora has some good pricing (especially with the weak pound) with free worldwide shipping if you are looking for something a step up from China quality. It depends where you are in the world, as the postage can often double the price if you're in the wrong country.

Edited by wickedlemon
Spelling

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time POGO has put out new figs before the official ones were released, maybe they've an inside man working at Lego.

4 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

I've got one PopPunkMunky figure - original Captain Britain ( https://flic.kr/p/NHJb9e ). No problem with ordering and delivery. Penzora has some good pricing (especially with the weak pound) with free worldwide shipping if you are looking for something a step up from China quality. It depends where you are in the world, as the postage can often double the price if you're in the wrong country.

hey man thanks for all the info. i wish there was a plus system here so i could upvote you

12 hours ago, Mattyj82 said:

Could someone post the batman 1s on reddit? 

Damn why g2 colour scheme??

Looks fantastic. 

30378893175_ec6e06334b_b.jpg

Here's the vid of Devastator in action I shot awhile back. I'm waiting for Superion to be released so I can shoot Bruticus together with it

12 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

Pad printing is the technique used by Lego to print on their minifigures. Each colour has the ink lifted by a pad which then presses down on the part to print it. It's a relatively expensive process when doing short runs of figures especially when considering that each colour needs to have a plate made for the printing process. That's part of the reason that pad printed figures can be more expensive than digitally printed figures. Customisers such as Christo, Phoenix Customs, Muddy River Minifigs and Paris Custom Bricks pad print their figures. Here's a video from Legoland California printing three colours onto a brick... it's a simple design but the process is the same. Imagine this for a 6 colour minifigure which isn't too hard to image once you consider you need to print white as a base first, then any colour on top including facial marks such as cheekbones as a separate colour.

Then you have digitally printed figures which are produced by people such as Onlinesailin and Poppunkmunky. Digital print works in a way that's similar to an inkjet printer you'll have at home but with more opaque inks. This is then sealed as part of the print process... This has the effect of the ink sitting thicker on the plastic in a way that you can feel. A very good digital printer will get a smooth ink coverage but in the same way that an inkjet printer can have banding or lines appear in the ink this can also happen in digital print and you'll actually see the nozzle lines on some digitally printed figures. The next video shows UV digital printing on some legs.

When I first got into custom figures I ordered from PPM as well as Onlinesailin. I have to say that Onlinesailin is probably the best digital print on figures out there... along with a newcomer called Leyile Brick who I've heard good things about. Leyile Brick are based in China but print on genuine Lego and I know European and US based resellers stock their stuff but wouldn't touch bootleg items. I own two Leyile Brick pad printed figures and the quality is very good. PPM are fine and may have a better printer than when I bought from them several years go but I'm not a fan of digital print at all. The thickness of the inks can make detail look clumsy especially if it isn't done right whereas the same print done by pad printing would be sharp and clean. The next video is a review of a Green Arrow figure by Bricks and Bits Customs. At 1.41 they hold the figure closer and mention the thickness of the print. If you look closely you can see the lines on the flat paler green area on the torso from the inkjet nozzle:

People such as Penzore and SGP based in the UK also print digital figures but I have some issue with the design of their figures. You may be happy with how they look and that's pretty much the main point. If you're happy with how it looks and how it feels then it's good enough. I'm just very picky about design and print quality so some things I won't touch.

I'll just add another couple of videos in from minifigures.co.uk where they review what they consider the best figures of 2013 and 2014. In the 2013 video a lot of them are UV printed whereby in the 2014 all but one are pad printed. When you look at figures such as Black Cat in the 2014 video you'll see how the print is perfectly flat and the detail works perfectly. Bear in mind that these digital figures are the best that you could buy at that time and Andrew should know as he stocks a lot of custom figures.

Edited by Robianco

hello, i'm looking for a gallery of pictures of bootleg/custom batmans with brands refs. some graphic ideas of a batman hall of armours would be great too. do you have something like that ?

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Pad printing is the technique used by Lego to print on their [...]

Thanks a lot, that was very instructive :classic:

1 hour ago, briksen said:

hello, i'm looking for a gallery of pictures of bootleg/custom batmans with brands refs. some graphic ideas of a batman hall of armours would be great too. do you have something like that ?

Wickedlemon has a great ressource for that: http://www.herobloks.co.uk/

As for the Batman hall of costumes, french MOCer Poyou has included one in his Batcave 2.0 using display cases:

https://poyou04.wordpress.com/2016/06/05/the-batcave-2-0-moc/

Firestar Toys has some great display cases but they're pricey imo: https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Accessories/Minifigure-Display-Cases-and-Stands/7769-Minifigure-Display-Case-~-Black-Base.html

Edited by wasswass

Just now, wasswass said:

I used to pick up the Character Building figures whenever I saw them cheap for their display boxes. You can still grab a bargain on eBay if you keep your eyes open. They work out cheaper than the Firestar ones.

5 minutes ago, tkkim79 said:

03CSwGp.jpg

anyone know what are those spiderman?

DLP9033. 

Spider-Man India, Cyborg Spider, Spider-Man (Bruce Banner - Earth 70105)

The Spider-Man (Aaron Aikman), Spider Armor MK III, Devil-Spider, Scarlet Spider (Joe Wade), Secret War Spider-Man

17 minutes ago, adalric said:

DLP9033. 

Spider-Man India, Cyborg Spider, Spider-Man (Bruce Banner - Earth 70105)

The Spider-Man (Aaron Aikman), Spider Armor MK III, Devil-Spider, Scarlet Spider (Joe Wade), Secret War Spider-Man

Thank you~

48 minutes ago, Robianco said:

DLP. Bringing obscure Spider variants to the masses since 2016.

They are awesome for recreating Spiderverse though (which they all featured in, and was an amazing crossover)

26 minutes ago, MNW said:

They are awesome for recreating Spiderverse though (which they all featured in, and was an amazing crossover)

While the quality of DLP is usually outstanding, it's LeyileBrick that's creating these customs. DLP is just taking their designs.

Did anyone pick up the Bohzi Spider-man wave with Lizard and Green Goblin that came out a while back? I'm trying to find some pics of the actual figures to see if they're worth picking up.