mortesv

[MOC] The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Rebel Fleet

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Yeah, that'd be a great addition--looks like a lot of regular 2x2 trans-clear dishes on the outside. I have no idea how they're connected in the center, but my best guess is that a number of the dishes are connected to dishes directly opposite them via trans-clear bars. If you have a bunch of pairs of dishes like that, maybe you could kind of press them together into a rough sphere shape without directly connecting them to each other or with a rubber band. @InthertWhat do you think?

You're half right about using Bars: 

The bar that goes through the centre acts as a lock for the four dishes that aren't really connected to anything. Also, if you were to connect more dishes on top of the existing ball, you could get more variety in the size of explosions (assuming they'll be more than one of course). Hope you find this useful, but even if you don't use this technique, I agree having some exploding ships would really put some life into displays like the one you're talking about (that's not to say the display is incomplete without explosions because it most certainly is not! :wink:

Looks like you did an amazing showing @ecmo47! I am glad to hear it went so well! I would have liked to have been there, but I am kinda stuck in cold Scandinavia :) Feel free to drop my contact info to the lego sites if anyone asks ;)

Regarding exploding fighters - I WANT THEM TOO :) But why settle for fighters, why not a transport with hull plating and containers flying everywhere? :D

Edited by mortesv

@mortesv: I certainly dropped your name a lot at the show. The conversation usually went like this:

"Did you do all this?"

"No, I'm just one of the builders. This guy over in Europe, Mortesv,  is the designer of most of these ships."

"Oh"

Just found this photo over at Brick Brothers in their review of the new #70620 Ninjago City. This puffer fish looks to use some of the same techniques that @Inthert used. 

35733074354_c4671e0d53_z.jpgNinjago Puffer fish by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Here is another example of an explosion! The pictures are from Mike Doyles "Beautiful Lego"! Sorry because of the poor photo quality!

gallery_8754_6681_60157.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_36222.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_78898.jpg

Hey guys, I was looking at the Star Wars Advent Calendar and I saw this Y-Wing. I thought it was pretty similar to the Y-Wing in the fleet, and was wondering what your thoughts are.

Screenshot 2017-09-10 at 8.05.35 PM.png

Hi, 

This is incredible. The detailing is fantastic and the overall effectiveness of the display is unreal. I do have a question, what have you used for the clears stands for the display and where do you get them from?

Thank you,

Ell

7 hours ago, StormtrooperEll said:

Hi, 

This is incredible. The detailing is fantastic and the overall effectiveness of the display is unreal. I do have a question, what have you used for the clears stands for the display and where do you get them from?

Thank you,

Ell

I believe the stands are made from the following two parts in Trans Clear:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=85941#T=C

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87552#T=C

There are two of each part connected together to make one level of the stand for the two different kinds of stands.

Edited by sandtrooper

16 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

I believe the stands are made from the following two parts in Trans Clear:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=85941#T=C

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87552#T=C

There are two of each part connected together to make one level of the stand for the two different kinds of stands.

Hey! Thanks Sandtrooper. I've got few ideas floating around in my head and they requires a few of these. Than you for the BrickLink urls too. Very useful

1 hour ago, Iperial_Fleet_Commander said:

aren't the nebulon engines orange? Other than that this is possibly the most coherent rebel fleet I've ever seen.

I believe it was because when Mortesv designed and built the Nebulon, trans-orange 3x3 dishes were not available in this colour. Luckily, with the release of the Apollo Saturn Ideas set, this colour became available, but it is still quite expensive on BL due to its rarity! :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Azrielsc said:

I believe it was because when Mortesv designed and built the Nebulon, trans-orange 3x3 dishes were not available in this colour. Luckily, with the release of the Apollo Saturn Ideas set, this colour became available, but it is still quite expensive on BL due to its rarity! :sceptic:

Nebulon B engines are a yellowish white, and the Tantive VI are orange. Trans-yellow dishes don't exist yet but as you said the orange ones do. 

I just stumbled across this YouTube video that the "Beyond the Brick" Guys did of Brick Fair, Virginia. Our fleet gets a few minutes of this 4 hour video near the end at the 3:57:00 mark. They shot this after they interviewed me because they use some of my comments and facts. There is a possibility that they may publish the whole interview as it was quite lengthy but these guys create a lot of content so it probably will never happen.  

Edited by ecmo47

Well that wasn't as bad as I feared that it would be! I'm glad that they got in the "where credit is due" part. Surprising that they just highlighted the Neb-B and cut all the discussion of all the other ships.  I'm also a little surprised at the low quality of the filming. (That was just my devices problem)

Edited by ecmo47

They just posted a separate video regarding the rest of the fleet. Strange that they spilt the two up but I guess they wanted to highlight the Neb-B on its own? 

Hi guys !

I was wondering if the instructions of the Nebulon Frigate contains the instructions for the differents starfighters (A, B X and Y wing ?)

Thanks !

Yes, the Nebulon B  instructions include all fighter, A, B, X, Y Falcon, and shuttle craft also tie fighters.

Edited by Jollygrnreefer