mortesv

[MOC] The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Rebel Fleet

Brickfair just published a display map. We are the red circle over on the left. I asked for 12 feet of table which I got. I'm still unpacking Ekea's ships and re-building as necessary. Hope to have some pictures up by the end of the week before everything gets packed up for the trip.

35328761193_4f5448de50_z.jpgBrickfair map by Scott Roys, on Flickr

36137140705_b1b6ac31aa_z.jpgBrickfair map close-up by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Edited by ecmo47

Here's some shots of what will probably be the show set-up. Current line is as follows:

1x Nebulon-B

2x CR-90's

5x GR-75's

3x Hammerheads

2x Dornean gunships

12x TIE's

2x TIE Strikers

6x X-wings (only 3 in the photo's)

6x B-Wings (only 3 in the photo's)

3x A-wing's

1x U-wing

9x Y-wing's (only 3 in the photo's)

1x Millenium Falcon

35849411690_b336977beb_z.jpgDSC02094 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

35849415800_f713d6311f_z.jpgDSC02093 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

35407993814_fc3878dc88_z.jpgDSC02092 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Thoughts?

Edited by ecmo47

I Like it! Think it's great how you placed the TIEs!

Impressive. Most impressive. :)

Somehow, it doesn't seem to looks as good as your set-up but I blame my marginal photography. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

@ecmo47: Have you tried moving the Nebulon to the centre of the table, rather than close to the wall? And have 1 or 2 of the smaller ships like the GR-75s/Dornean Gunship/Hammerhead moved closer to the wall, like as if they are forming a ring around the Nebulon flagship? Just a thought. 

Mega props getting the Fleet all set up! :thumbup:

Edited by Azrielsc

Looking amazing @ecmo47, but I agree with @Azrielsc- maybe the Neb should have a more prominent position with the other ships scattered around it?

Hello...

So if I had to make a setup with the fleet I would try this. I would start with the white GR75 which is on the mirror. At first position, and in first row. Then I would place your Tantive slightly offset  backwards in second row. In third row, again slightly displaced backwards I would try the Hammerhead, which is on the highest stand. Then the Nebulon with GR75 and Dornean Gunship underneath, as seen on your pictures, And finally, the two Hammerhead in medium height together with Ekae's Liberator on it's high stand, Then the different ships would be mixed a bit more.

All you need to do is build one 1/250th scale Star Destroyer and you would win hands down!

5 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

All you need to do is build one 1/250th scale Star Destroyer and you would win hands down!

I think a guy called raskolnikov has done that. The parts list is on Rebrickable.

Also this moc is really cool! I wish I had the budget to build it. 

I thought the HWK-290 would be another cool addition to the fleet after I discovered it while browsing wookiepedia's rebel fleet pages. Here's what I came up with:

800x415.jpg

All set up for the show. Thanks again to all who made it possible. I've got many complements from the other exhibitors at the show. I fussed over the set-up for quite a while last night and am pretty happy with the results. I might re-position the B-wings on the back CR-90 this morning. They do not look quite right. If your wondering about the 3 U-wing, they are the Lego poly-bag. I happened to find some at a Walmart on the way here and they are very close to scale. (I think). They are very close to the ones that Bricksmarlin posted on another thread. Here are a few hasty cell phone snaps of the set-up. 

35986243360_49fa10c38a_z.jpgUntitled by Scott Roys, on Flickr

36338204226_bfa759d598_z.jpgUntitled by Scott Roys, on Flickr

36382818145_f656f1bdec_z.jpgUntitled by Scott Roys, on Flickr

The theme coordinator said that last year's event had 22,000 visitors! I made a little sign for each large ship so we will see if it cuts down on the how much/how many pieces/how long did it take questions. 

Edited by ecmo47

Looks awesome! The arrangement of the various ships is great, I like it very much! I wish you a lot of success, fun and a great weekend!
greetings

Steffen

That looks great, @ecmo47! Best of luck, hope the show goes smoothly! :)

Edited by EKae

@ecmo47 That's one beautiful set up! Can see the amount of work and effort taken to present the fleet and the placards of the ships are a great idea! :thumbup:

The show went very well. No catastrophes to report! Not that it was my aim, my (our) collaboration wasn't eligible for any awards since I wasn't the original designer of most of the ship. There was one theme organizer that seemed disappointed that the set-up could not be nominated. I now need to get Ekae's ships back to him which will happen shortly. Oh yes, one visitor asked how many ships were on the display and I had to do some quick math to come up with a total of 54.

I found this neat shot over on Brick Brothers. An exploding TIE would have really livened up the display! I thought that somebody might want to try this vignette for their fleet (if you can figure out what the ball in the center is).

35790859020_0773a41f58_z.jpgStar Wars Ring-worlds: Lothal Highway Terminal (2) by Inthert, on Flickr

Edited by ecmo47

It was great to see this in person at Brickfair, very cool set-up you had there! It definitely seemed to be one of the big hits of the convention.

I actually hadn't planned on going because I just moved and am still unpacking, but since I'm local now (DC area) I decided to register at the last second. Got assigned to a back-up table off in the corner because someone took up all the tables in the Star Wars section :)

15 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

I found this neat shot over on Brick Brothers. An exploding TIE would have really livened up the display! I thought that somebody might want to try this vignette for their fleet (if you can figure out what the ball in the center is).

Yeah, that'd be a great addition--looks like a lot of regular 2x2 trans-clear dishes on the outside. I have no idea how they're connected in the center, but my best guess is that a number of the dishes are connected to dishes directly opposite them via trans-clear bars. If you have a bunch of pairs of dishes like that, maybe you could kind of press them together into a rough sphere shape without directly connecting them to each other or with a rubber band. @InthertWhat do you think?

@RaskolnikovAh! So that was you with the SD and AT-AT. Very cool to see in person. We talked briefly but got interrupted by something and I never got back to visiting with you. Actually, I had thought to ask if I could come over to your area after the theme coordinator had to chase another builder out of my designated area for the second time and the bouncy house fan noise was a bit bothersome. 

I just noticed that the fleet is pictured in Brick Nerd's Brickfair, VA round-up! The photo was taken Friday night because I haven't put away my packing boxes yet and the fighter are not all placed yet.

http://bricknerd.com/

Also, I forgot to mention that I did get interviewed by the folks from Beyond the Brick.  I have no idea if or when it will get posted on their youtube channel. One of our club members worked with them for a while and said that they have so much content that it could be months if it all. If it does air, please don't count how many times I said "um". 

Edited by ecmo47