mortesv

[MOC] The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Rebel Fleet

Hello! I've been working on this project for a while, and finished the digital file just before I began the Nebulon. Now that I'm finished with the Nebulon, I am going to begin collecting parts for it. The ship I've designed is the CR90. I modeled it directly after Mortesv's, and I can say it looks pretty similar:

cr90_corvette_for_eurobricks.png

cr90_corvette_side_for_eurobricks.pngcr90_corvette_back_for_eurobricks.png

I know everyone really wants this file from Mortesv, so if anyone is interested in the file for this, I'd be happy to share it!

Woo-hoo!! I'm in!

I think that you should move this to it's own thread so we can discuss building, modifying, parts changes, price etc.

Big thanks!

Edited by ecmo47

Anybody else who wants to build the CR90, please look at the thread:

Edited by EKae

Hey everybody! Please forgive me for spamming all on Mortesv's threads on various 1/250 scale builds (CR-90, Neb-B and the ESB fleet). I am very likely going to take my fleet to Brickfair, Virginia. I was wondering if there is anybody else interested in bringing their scale builds and combining them into one large Rebel fleet aka The Battle of Scarif. The show dates are Aug 5-6 in Chantilly, VA which is just west of the DC area. I've got a pretty good fleet already with a Neb-B, 3xGR-75's and 16 fighters. I will be shortly adding a hammerhead and at least one CR-90. Please PM me if your interested so we don't clog up these build threads. 

32162751785_08b8d6087c.jpg

Edited by ecmo47

1 hour ago, mushtachebob said:

Any way we can get an LDD for those smaller fighters? 

Thinking of making a small instructions booklet with them :)

I've got everything that I currently have set up. Here are a couple of marginal pictures of my current fleet.

DSC02032DSC02046DSC02043

Thoughts:

I like the black background but I need to extend it around the ends for better pictures.

The trans-clear stands stick out like sore thumbs against the black background. Black stands would be much better. Notice that you can barely pick out the 12 TIES that are bothering our heroes.

This table is three foot by eight feet and it's already full. More ships are going to equal more space. (I know that I'm stating the obvious but I didnt think it would be this cramped already.)  

Creating 3D space battles is hard! That ESB parade scene is much easier.

Edited by ecmo47

@ecmo47 Your fleet is awesome! The hammerheads look great!

I have a table the same size as yours that I am working the setup around, but if you say that your fleet barely fits, then I might have a problem! :)

Looking awesome Scott - do black stands and make the TIEs DBG to go with this background - PLEASE! :D

I have a redesign of the X-wings coming up. I really wanted them to have engine glow - which is very tricky at this scale without compromising other details (or simply compromising scale which would be blasphemy IMO).

I will post them soon - and no, redesigned X-wings are not me next project(s) ;)

On 6/12/2017 at 4:28 PM, atlas said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR90_corvette

CR90s are 126.7 metres long

I know the wiki changed it to this, but the admins do not know what they are talking about. The source quoted for the 126m length shows the CR70 which is the shorter predesessor.

I reached out to the admins of the page a while ago, but they seem unable to change the obvious mistake, because Disney decides what is canon now, and they don't bother with details like this.

That makes sense. I just assumed that the changed length was due to reappraisal of the original model for Rogue One and revising of scale (for some reason there is a new T-65 variant as per the Rogue one visual dictionary which is 13.4m long instead of the usual 12.5. I was told that this change was to reflect the length of the computer models - perhaps that could have been the case with the CR90.)

Yeah. it makes sense that the different length refers to the CR70 (sundered heart), that ship has the same shapes as the original Tantive but the proportions are competely different. My bad. I really wish there were more exhuastive amounts of reference material for this stuff because it takes lots of detective work to find out a lot of things that wouldn't be difficult at all to make freely available from Lucasfilm's perspective

I just finished a third Hammerhead. I changed most of the white parts to LBG on this one. I was hoping to give it more of a battle-harden veteran look rather then being fresh out of the ship yard. This will be the final large ship prior to Brickfair in August. The invitation to join is still open! 

DSC02054

DSC02055

And a tail shoot for Mortesv.....

DSC02058

Looking good, ecmo47! Lots of hammerheads!

Yes, we need more people at Brickfair! ;)

I now have a design for a TIE Reaper . . .

img_4417.jpg

img_4421.jpg

I did this simply by modifying the TIE Striker design, and making it longer.

What do you think?

2 hours ago, Davenocheese said:

Those hammerheads are looking good, ecmo47. 

Are they your own design or did you find instructions for them?

look at bricklink in the MOC section, it is build by QuiGon

I bought my instructions off eBay from this link but it is the same guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-UCS-Hammerhead-Corvette-INSTRUCTIONS-ONLY-Collectors-Edition-MOC-/182494109279?hash=item2a7d7f1e5f:g:dNIAAOSwJ4hY~1kP

My plans came with both variations but it looks like the Rogue One is no longer offered - at least not on eBay. I will say that there were a couple goofs on Rogue One Hammerhead plans so perhaps that is why he are no longer offers them.  

Here is my TIE interceptor design:

img_4455.jpg

img_4459.jpg

A few thoughts:

-It was tricky getting the wings the right shape, the squares in the back especially.

-The design is a little bit to blocky for my liking.

-The cockpit seems a bit out of proportion.

Any recommendations on fixing the problems above?

Try using parts 24299/20307 (Wedge plate 2x2 modified left/right) instead of the 2x2 tile to improve the wing shaping. I agree that they look miss-proportioned .

DSC02063

Quick update this morning before the grill gets going for the 4th of July party. I've converted all the GR-75 stands to black to match the table covering. Next up will be work on fighter squadron positioning.

Currently, EKae and I are the only 2 participants for Brickfair and our fleet will consist of the following:

1x Neb-B

2xCG-90's. My Tantive IV and Ekae's  Liberator

3x Hammerheads

6xGR-75 transports

2xDornean gunships (if I get mine built)

1xUB-40 tanker

Numerous fighters

If anybody else wants to contribute a model for the show, please let me know! Ekae is mailing his to me as he will not be able to attend. I promise to take good care of them and return once the show is over.

Edited by ecmo47