mortesv

[MOC] The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Rebel Fleet

Wow! Now that IS a fleet! No topping that for sure!

I think I remember from reading the Star Wars paperback book in the 70's that there were 4 squadrons that attacked the Death Star in ANH: Red and Blue X-wing squadrons and Green and Gold Y-wing. Point being that maybe you could add a dash of color by representing other possible fighter squadrons.

Still....A...M...A...Z...I...N...G!!!!! 

It looks amazing, maybe you need a black background for the shelving with some LED or fibre optic star light now!

On 11/19/2016 at 3:29 AM, ecmo47 said:

Wow! Now that IS a fleet! No topping that for sure!

I think I remember from reading the Star Wars paperback book in the 70's that there were 4 squadrons that attacked the Death Star in ANH: Red and Blue X-wing squadrons and Green and Gold Y-wing. Point being that maybe you could add a dash of color by representing other possible fighter squadrons.

Still....A...M...A...Z...I...N...G!!!!! 

Good idea. I do have two colors of Y-wings gold and even more gold. But more colors could be fun ;)

I have also tried to make subtle differences between the different between all figters, swapping colors of a few bricks on many of them :)

On 11/19/2016 at 8:47 AM, Flandy said:

It looks amazing, maybe you need a black background for the shelving with some LED or fibre optic star light now!

A starfield would be nice! :)

On 11/16/2016 at 0:14 AM, mortesv said:

- 1 heavily modified Firespray-31-class Patrol and Attack Craft (Slave 1)

Is Boba trying to blend in to find Han? :wink:

Just completed 6 X-wings (all slightly different), 2 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 1 Imperial Shuttle, 1 TIE Fighter, 1 B-Wing and half a Slave 1 before I ran out of the required bricks. Haha! :laugh:

On 1/16/2017 at 1:35 PM, Azrielsc said:

Just completed 6 X-wings (all slightly different), 2 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 1 Imperial Shuttle, 1 TIE Fighter, 1 B-Wing and half a Slave 1 before I ran out of the required bricks. Haha! :laugh:

Way to go! You will soon have a massive fleet :)

I have just made two more TIEs - and given them lasers :)

On 18/01/2017 at 6:57 PM, mortesv said:

Way to go! You will soon have a massive fleet :)

I have just made two more TIEs - and given them lasers :)

Trying to reverse brick build your Slave 1 and that Corellian tanker too, whilst waiting for the bricks for 2x GR-75s to arrive...

Waiting is painful. Haha! :laugh:

Edited by Azrielsc

Amazing build! I'm also constructing a fleet, but I started by modding the midi Millennium Falcon, which I'm sure I'll regret once I start tackling some of the capital ships. Love all the details you have put into it though... Here's what I have so far...

dlFFS0U.jpg

On 1/25/2017 at 5:14 AM, Azrielsc said:

Trying to reverse brick build your Slave 1 and that Corellian tanker too, whilst waiting for the bricks for 2x GR-75s to arrive...

Waiting is painful. Haha! :laugh:

If I get the time I could take some more pics of them if you need them :)

15 hours ago, kappaknight said:

Amazing build! I'm also constructing a fleet, but I started by modding the midi Millennium Falcon, which I'm sure I'll regret once I start tackling some of the capital ships. Love all the details you have put into it though... Here's what I have so far...

dlFFS0U.jpg

These are great - although the wing's nose is a bit skinny :)

Are the Capital ships going to be to scale?

5 hours ago, mortesv said:

These are great - although the wing's nose is a bit skinny :)

Are the Capital ships going to be to scale?

I just looked at the X-wing from the top view and the body is about as wide as the twin engines on the side. Maybe the problem is that the nose is not skinnier. Though, your comment did make me re-evaluate some of the connections, so I think I have some additional improvements to make. Thanks!

As for the capital ships, of course they'll be to scale. What fun would it be if they're not? However, I did just do some calculations...

GR-75 would be 79 studs long; definitely manageable.

Phoenix Home/Base would be 248 studs long... would be interesting to see in this scale.

Imperial Desotroyer 1408 studs long, or over 29 baseplates. :laugh: (Maybe I should start a GoFundMe account for a LEGO Star Wars museum so this can come to fruition?)

5 hours ago, mortesv said:

If I get the time I could take some more pics of them if you need them :)

Only if you have the time away from your baby, Mortesv! :laugh:

Will try building them once I check if my bricks have arrived or not. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, kappaknight said:

I just looked at the X-wing from the top view and the body is about as wide as the twin engines on the side. Maybe the problem is that the nose is not skinnier. Though, your comment did make me re-evaluate some of the connections, so I think I have some additional improvements to make. Thanks!

As for the capital ships, of course they'll be to scale. What fun would it be if they're not? However, I did just do some calculations...

GR-75 would be 79 studs long; definitely manageable.

Phoenix Home/Base would be 248 studs long... would be interesting to see in this scale.

Imperial Desotroyer 1408 studs long, or over 29 baseplates. :laugh: (Maybe I should start a GoFundMe account for a LEGO Star Wars museum so this can come to fruition?)

or cheat by making the home-base  in 2 different scales as a sort of "zoom-out" to get the ISD size down

So thanks to the comment earlier in this thread, I gave my X-Wing a more critical eye, and ended up making him more accurate. (Still didn't fix the width of the nose though. :laugh: )

http://imgur.com/gallery/XFcXz/

Do you have the in-progress pics for the GR-75? Would love to see how it sort of comes together.

Edited by kappaknight

I really like the Millennium Falcon, is there any chance of more pics / an LDD file? Would like a mini version to go with my new Midi. Slave I would be appreciated too.

3 hours ago, Bearino said:

I really like the Millennium Falcon, is there any chance of more pics / an LDD file? Would like a mini version to go with my new Midi. Slave I would be appreciated too.

The core of the Millennium Falcon is actually just set 7778-1. I did mod it quite a bit so it looks more film accurate on the top and bottom side. I may revise it all around at some other time since the a good portion of my other ships are SNOT built.

On 28/01/2017 at 3:49 PM, kappaknight said:

The core of the Millennium Falcon is actually just set 7778-1. I did mod it quite a bit so it looks more film accurate on the top and bottom side. I may revise it all around at some other time since the a good portion of my other ships are SNOT built.

Haha, I actually meant mortesv's Falcon! But I saw your post on reddit and loved the midi so I've bought that too! I'm going to reverse-engineer your midi scale stuff and might make some, so cheers for the inspiration.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:11 PM, kappaknight said:

So thanks to the comment earlier in this thread, I gave my X-Wing a more critical eye, and ended up making him more accurate. (Still didn't fix the width of the nose though. :laugh: )

http://imgur.com/gallery/XFcXz/

Do you have the in-progress pics for the GR-75? Would love to see how it sort of comes together.

Looks good!

But the engines should be more "on top" of the wings - and perhaps a little bit larger if possible :)

Hello! I have finally completed my first transport! Now for the Neb, and maybe another transport . . .   :)

IMG_1381.JPG

Here is a picture of the transport, some x-wings, and my version of Mortesv's UB-820

On 1/29/2017 at 7:13 PM, mortesv said:

Looks good!

But the engines should be more "on top" of the wings - and perhaps a little bit larger if possible :)

You're a hard man to please.... I like it! Will try and futz with it some more to get it even more accurate. :laugh:

23 hours ago, Alanoris said:

This is one of my favorite MOCs.

Wonderful work! :)

Thank you :)

6 hours ago, EKae said:

Hello! I have finally completed my first transport! Now for the Neb, and maybe another transport . . .   :)

IMG_1381.JPG

Here is a picture of the transport, some x-wings, and my version of Mortesv's UB-820

Wow, that UB-820 is very well reverse-engineered!

5 hours ago, kappaknight said:

You're a hard man to please.... I like it! Will try and futz with it some more to get it even more accurate. :laugh:

Glad to be of help :D

On 2/3/2017 at 1:10 AM, wmxproductions said:

Mortesv, do you have the LDD for the UB-820 on hand? It would look great next to my GR-75 Medium Transport ;)

I could make one, but I am in the middle of posting something big ;)