Ayrlego

[COR - Oct FB2] Raising the Colonial Militia

With tensions rising throughout the Brick Seas, Major Dirk Allcock has authorised the raising of a company of Colonial Militia to augment defences on Alicentia. He can be seen here with their officer, Captain Fredrick Stanley, inspecting a position outside the Militia headquarters overlooking Mooreton Bay. Captain Stanley wears a metal gorget displaying his commission and as a symbol of his authority.

30218427772_c4f4dedf4c_c.jpg

A quick vignette for the raising of a company of troops to augment the forts at Mooreton Bay. I will also license the building as a small residence. Full credit for the cannon design goes to workshysteve's MOC here.

EDIT: Added detail picture of the cannon construction here

Edited by Ayrlego

Great looking figs and nice little scene. My favourite part is the cannon though - and I would like to see some detail shots of its construction! And nice to see Mooreton Bay responding to the increased threat level. DEFCON 3!

Great looking figs and nice little scene. My favourite part is the cannon though - and I would like to see some detail shots of its construction! And nice to see Mooreton Bay responding to the increased threat level. DEFCON 3!

Oh I forgot to mention, cannon design is from this MOC

It does look the guy on the left has a (very nicely done) palm tree growing out of his head, but it is a lovely small build, like Bregir I'm curious about the cannon but on my phone everything is too small to make out the exact pieces.

It is surprising how much character is in such a simple concept, I really like it, especially the roof with its rogue tile, such a simple but effective trick.

Neat little vig Ayrlego, the green of the palm tree really pops and I love the dark green roof too!  The cannon is pretty cute, though a bit small!  That one olive slope looks a little out of place though.

I initially was looking at this on my phone, but now that I'm looking at a proper screen, I can see the great details. First, I love the use of dark green with tan. I was working on a building with this color scheme but it didn't quite work; you've made it work. I love the tree (I need to get some dark tan palm leaves) and the masonry foundation to the house, and the cheese-slope roof is fantastic. The one off-color cheese is good, but a couple of more would have been even better. And I need to start doing some brick-built cannons. Lovely! A simple scene, superbly executed! :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for the comments, as always they are much appreciated!

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

But how on earth does it all fit together? :O

Like this!

30345871425_d4da380914.jpg

As previously mentioned full credit for the design goes to workshysteve's MOC here. Mine is only an approximate attempt!

8 hours ago, Phadeout said:

palm tree growing out of his head

Lol, yeah it does appear he has sprouted a palm tree!

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

That one olive slope looks a little out of place though.

There is actually quite a bit of olive in the base and wall, it just didn't come out in the pictures!

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

The one off-color cheese is good, but a couple of more would have been even better.

Lol, I agree and that's why there is another dark brown slope in the roof.... unfortunately it is hidden behind the palm tree. Seems I need to pay better attention to palm tree placement!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

There is actually quite a bit of olive in the base and wall, it just didn't come out in the pictures!

Now that you mention it, I do see another piece there in the wall...
I know what you mean, it's always kind of a shame when you spend time with these little details that never do show up!  But then on the other hand, it's satisfying to know yourself that they're there, even if no one else does. :pir-grin: