Sign in to follow this  
letsbuild

[HELP] Nascar moc

Hey folks,

I was just searching around for a nascar made of technic, and I found none.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Let's Build

In conjunction with the Nascar, I own 2 m-motors, 2 xl-motors, 1 rechargeable battery box and three v1 receivers. what setup should I use for my drive? I am trying to make it go fast. I predict the model will weigh about 1.5 pounds.

thanks,

Let's Build

Depending on whether or not you want a gearbox with multiple speeds, the drivetrain will be different:

Yes, there is a gearbox. If this is the case, then you will have either one or both xl-motors powering the gearbox input. If there are more than 4 speeds that are gearing UP, use both motors to ensure that there will be enough torque to drive the car at high speeds. Otherwise, one xl-motor should be sufficient.

No, there is not a gearbox. In this case, where speed is wanted, gear up the xl-motors and have them directly powering the driveshaft, one of them on each side. For good speed, start with 3:1 gear ratio (24 tooth driving 8 tooth). If that isn't fast enough, and your car is light enough, try a 5:1 ratio (40 tooth driving 8 tooth). But be warned, high speed + friction can lead to part damage.

In any case, you will need one receiver per xl-motor to have each powered fully. Then, you can use one M-motor for steering, and one M-motor for changing gears, if you do have a gearbox. A good gearbox with a built-in switching mechanism is Sariel's. You can also check out his book, which goes into great detail on just about everything. I hope this helps. Good luck building!

On 2016-10-13 at 7:48 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Depending on whether or not you want a gearbox with multiple speeds, the drivetrain will be different:

Yes, there is a gearbox. If this is the case, then you will have either one or both xl-motors powering the gearbox input. If there are more than 4 speeds that are gearing UP, use both motors to ensure that there will be enough torque to drive the car at high speeds. Otherwise, one xl-motor should be sufficient.

No, there is not a gearbox. In this case, where speed is wanted, gear up the xl-motors and have them directly powering the driveshaft, one of them on each side. For good speed, start with 3:1 gear ratio (24 tooth driving 8 tooth). If that isn't fast enough, and your car is light enough, try a 5:1 ratio (40 tooth driving 8 tooth). But be warned, high speed + friction can lead to part damage.

In any case, you will need one receiver per xl-motor to have each powered fully. Then, you can use one M-motor for steering, and one M-motor for changing gears, if you do have a gearbox. A good gearbox with a built-in switching mechanism is Sariel's. You can also check out his book, which goes into great detail on just about everything. I hope this helps. Good luck building!

Thank you very much for your help. I will be using the gearbox.

Thanks,

Let's Build!

Edited by letsbuild
I was wrong...

I'm planning on making an RC Monte Carlo nascar, should I do interior, or none? I am not very experienced at making interiors, and it would drastically complicate the car.

Thanks,

Let's Build!

If your goal is speed, I would do a very basic interior. Not that NASCAR cars have much in the way of an interior. If your goal is speed, I would cut weight everywhere you can. 

29 minutes ago, deehtha said:

If your goal is speed, I would do a very basic interior. Not that NASCAR cars have much in the way of an interior. If your goal is speed, I would cut weight everywhere you can. 

Awesome. Thank you.