To all the citizens, nations, and peoples of the Brick Seas!

The nation of Eslandola, being currently busily prosecuting its war with the preying nation of Mardier, brought on by said nation’s ruthless and unprovoked attacks upon Eslandolan shipping of all kinds without the slightest discrimination, does this day (October 12th, 616) offer a letter of marque to privateers of the honourable nations of Corrington and Oleon (and Eslandola, of course), as well as to any free-lancers of good reputation, granting the captains of ships holding said letter the right to attack and take any warships sailing the Mardierian flag, as well as any warships sailing under a Mardierian letter of marque – which ships shall be considered as right and lawful prizes of war in all courts.  The High Council of Eslandola shall further reward any captain that may accept this letter of marque with full possession of any vessels taken by his ship, as well as a reward of 110 gold doubloons for any Mardierian warship (or any warship allied with said disgraced nation) sunk or captured, to be paid by the crown upon proof of the fact. 

Signed,

The High Council of Eslandola -

E. T. Wilkinson de Chauncourtois

Guy K. Wyndzon

In order to receive an Eslandolan letter of marque, please either sign up for it in this thread, or PM either Kai or me (or both preferably, if you have the ability) for one, which we will attempt to confirm before the deadline for the next MRCA (the 15th).  Fire away! :pir-wink:

ESL's deal looks nicer than MAR's 100 DB for warships and keeping the captured ship for 15% of value.

Does full possession include the cargo on the captured ship? 

:pir-classic:

41 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

ESL's deal looks nicer than MAR's 100 DB for warships and keeping the captured ship for 15% of value.

Does full possession include the cargo on the captured ship? 

:pir-classic:

Yes it does - however, the difference between ESL's and MAR's is that, unlike MAR, we aren't condoning or rewarding the capture of tradeships (though I don't believe MAR has any, so its a moot point except for IC stuff, :pir_laugh2:), and of course, warships don't have any cargo space on board.  However, if you were to capture a MAR predatoring WR or F or suchlike with an ESL letter of marque, the full treasure comes with the deal! :pir-wink:

32 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

In my introductory thread, I made it part of the story that the Dark Narwhal carries a Letter of Marque. Here's me posting to make it official.

Your letter of marque is approved :pir-wink:

14 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

I'd like two letters please. :smug:

Computer says "NO"...

(See what I did there? Double pun! Two letters, AND a no! I must be the f(/p)unniest man in BOBS! ;) )

3 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Yes it does - however, the difference between ESL's and MAR's is that, unlike MAR, we aren't condoning or rewarding the capture of tradeships (though I don't believe MAR has any, so its a moot point except for IC stuff, :pir_laugh2:), and of course, warships don't have any cargo space on board.  However, if you were to capture a MAR predatoring WR or F or suchlike with an ESL letter of marque, the full treasure comes with the deal! :pir-wink:

Your letter of marque is approved :pir-wink:

BAD BUSINESS!!!!  No room for profit for Eslandola from an Eslandolan offer? That is distinctly un-Eslandolan, I propose that the crown are dopplegangers, and the real king is missing!

Also, a MRCA clarification, if you put in as a predator that you are hunting nations not listed, there is a random spawn, so there is a chance you can get some Mardierian trade vessels. 

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

I'd like two letters please. :smug:

And, you're approved too! :tongue: :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Computer says "NO"...

(See what I did there? Double pun! Two letters, AND a no! I must be the f(/p)unniest man in BOBS! ;) )

:laugh: :rofl: 

53 minutes ago, SkaForHire said:

BAD BUSINESS!!!!  No room for profit for Eslandola from an Eslandolan offer? That is distinctly un-Eslandolan, I propose that the crown are dopplegangers, and the real king is missing!

Also, a MRCA clarification, if you put in as a predator that you are hunting nations not listed, there is a random spawn, so there is a chance you can get some Mardierian trade vessels. 

:pir_laugh2: I thought most people thought that the real king was mad...

It's a piece of good Eslandolan policy never to attack merchant vessels - if you're Eslandolan you will make a lot more off of them if you let them come in and trade (plus, that way they'll come back and do it again! :grin: :tongue:)

As far as the MRCA part goes, would there be a possibility of adding a note section to the form so that anyone submitting one could specify if they would like to let traders escape? (Supposing, of course that it wouldn't make your impressive MRCA work-load too much greater! :pir-grin:)

Since this is the last MRCA 1, at least in full, I think changing up the form doesn't make too much sense. How about you give me a list on the 15th in a PM of all players and vessels that make the promise not to attack MAR traders, and I can just use it as a side note when running.

12 minutes ago, SkaForHire said:

Since this is the last MRCA 1, at least in full, I think changing up the form doesn't make too much sense. How about you give me a list on the 15th in a PM of all players and vessels that make the promise not to attack MAR traders, and I can just use it as a side note when running.

Since the MRCA form also doesn't distinguish between Mardier and other NPC nations, would it make sense to submit a list of all players and vessels operating under an ESL letter of marque as well, so that they don't accidentally attack, for example, Garveyian ships instead?

1 hour ago, SkaForHire said:

Sure, will do! :pir-wink:

57 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Since the MRCA form also doesn't distinguish between Mardier and other NPC nations, would it make sense to submit a list of all players and vessels operating under an ESL letter of marque as well, so that they don't accidentally attack, for example, Garveyian ships instead?

I'll just go ahead and include all the necessary information in the PM :thumbup:

18 hours ago, Legostone said:

MAESTRO requests a letter of Marque for the Pineapples Revenge, 3A. 

Letter of marque granted! :pir-classic:

@All who have (or will) receive an Eslandolan Letter of Marque - I will be sending Ska a private PM including the list of all ships sailing with the letter, with instructions to only attack Mardierian warships, ships holding Mardierian letters of marque, and NPC pirates (besides fighting off or taking any attackers in self-defense, obviously).  So if you are a pirate and do want to attack any other ships, you will need to privately send Ska a counter-command to that effect.  Of course, this is OOC, and any such attacks will not be covered by the letter of marque, or condoned by the nation of Eslandola! :grin:

You make me sad. That sounds as if you do not trust in the honesty of simple privateers. I cannot imagine anyone would have planned to accept a letter of marque by Eslandola, then set sail for a predator run and in the case the unlucky victim was a Mardieran claim the reward. 

One must be truly a mean and devious character to be up to such scheming.

:)

1 hour ago, Garmadon said:

@All who have (or will) receive an Eslandolan Letter of Marque - I will be sending Ska a private PM including the list of all ships sailing with the letter, with instructions to only attack Mardierian warships, ships holding Mardierian letters of marque, and NPC pirates (besides fighting off or taking any attackers in self-defense, obviously).  So if you are a pirate and do want to attack any other ships, you will need to privately send Ska a counter-command to that effect.  Of course, this is OOC, and any such attacks will not be covered by the letter of marque, or condoned by the nation of Eslandola! :grin:

latest?cb=20090424041523

"This deal is getting worse all the time"

On behalf of myself, Bregir, and Mike S., I would like to apply for Eslandolan Letter of Marques for our three vessels (Le Protectuer, Justicia, and Armina, respectively).

6 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

On behalf of myself, Bregir, and Mike S., I would like to apply for Eslandolan Letter of Marques for our three vessels (Le Protectuer, Justicia, and Armina, respectively).

The three Letters of Marque are ready, and await the arrival of the respective captains of the vessels to pick them up in any port with an Eslandolan embassy or office :pir-wink:

By which, of course, I mean to say that the letters are granted, provided the ships make it safely through this latest MRCA (without attacking us meanwhile :grin: :pir_laugh2:).

On 10/13/2016 at 8:38 AM, Bregir said:

Computer says "NO"...

Touche :laugh:

On 10/25/2016 at 10:46 AM, Captain Genaro said:

Consider those three Letters of Marque now granted! :pir-wink:

I believe no LoM holders are owed anything for work in this last MRCA for prizes or ships sunk, but if I happen to be wrong, please inform me!  Also, anyone wishing to receive another Letter or desiring to transfer a Letter from one ship (sunk or otherwise) to a new one, please let me know in this thread or via PM.  Thanks!

Also, I am hereby applying for a Letter of Marque for my new 2A White Doubloon (previously the White Skull), and granting it too, unless Capt Wolf has any objections! :tongue:

22 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Also, I am hereby applying for a Letter of Marque for my new 2A White Doubloon (previously the White Skull), and granting it too, unless Capt Wolf has any objections! :tongue:

No objection whatsoever! :pir-grin:

Rr8ROrW.jpg

Dear Sir Edward Thomas Wilkinson de Chauncourtois

While our respective leadership have not had the warmest relationship in the past, recent discussions with your esteemed envoy Senor Jerome Monezterrell (Mayor of Fuerte Unido, Board Member of Maestro, etc. etc. ) have led us to reach an understanding regarding the vile actions of the Mardieran crown.   It seems both your great nation and our humble city-state have run afoul of their machinations, and at present a state-of-war exists between these contemptible miscreants and both our peoples respectively.  Rather than work at cross purposes, your envoy and I have come to the happy conclusion that a mutual show of force is warranted.

As such, I hereby formally request that the war schooner Peregrine (Kwatchi) under command of Captain Clarence Moore and the armed sloop Night’s Whisper (Gulagurag) under command of Captain Amara, both of the Charlatan Bay fleet, be granted Letters of Marque by the Eslandolan Empire for the purposes of mounting an immediate punitive naval expedition against Mardier.

As a show of good faith in this matter, I have been permitted by our leader to open our port to Eslandolan traders of all political stripes while this agreement holds, and may Hades’ favour ensure this venture to be profitable for us all.

Your humble servant,

Mstr. Willem J. Morris, esq.
Lord Mayor of Charlatan Bay & Majordomo to his eminence, Bishop-Captain Emil Meloche

Edited by Kwatchi

On 1/3/2017 at 4:18 PM, Kwatchi said:

morris_may_zpsjpvwwlyg.jpg

Dear Sir Edward Thomas Wilkinson de Chauncourtois

While our respective leadership have not had the warmest relationship in the past, recent discussions with your esteemed envoy Senor Jerome Monezterrell (Mayor of Fuerte Unido, Board Member of Maestro, etc. etc. ) have led us to reach an understanding regarding the vile actions of the Mardieran crown.   It seems both your great nation and our humble city-state have run afoul of their machinations, and at present a state-of-war exists between these contemptible miscreants and both our peoples respectively.  Rather than work at cross purposes, your envoy and I have come to the happy conclusion that a mutual show of force is warranted.

As such, I hereby formally request that the war schooner Peregrine (Kwatchi) under command of Captain Clarence Moore and the armed sloop Night’s Whisper (Gulagurag) under command of Captain Amara, both of the Charlatan Bay fleet, be granted Letters of Marque by the Eslandolan Empire for the purposes of mounting an immediate punitive naval expedition against Mardier.

As a show of good faith in this matter, I have been permitted by our leader to open our port to Eslandolan traders of all political stripes while this agreement holds, and may Hades’ favour ensure this venture to be profitable for us all.

Your humble servant,

Mstr. Willem J. Morris, esq.
Lord Mayor of Charlatan Bay & Majordomo to his eminence, Bishop-Captain Emil Meloche

To the Mstr. Willem J. Morris, esq, etc., etc.,

First and foremost, let me express my joy in finding (in you, obviously) a man who can truly spell (my own name being the point in question).  Next, excellent, excellent!  Indeed, Mardier has proved itself to be a veritably villainous and treacherous, backstabbing nation, and is a threat to civilization itself - and to piracy, it would appear, as well.  At any rate, we shall most gratefully accept your request, and both the Peregrine and Night's Whisper shall instantly conveyed a Letter of Marque, and added to the list of those ships sailing under said letters against Mardier from the Eslandolan crown - ahem! - Council.

Furthermore, I am delighted (together with the rest of Eslandola) at the opening of a new trading opportunity within your esteemed settlement, and wish you the best in your endeavour!  I shall express my hope that your vessels may safely return at least most of your crew to their homes at the end of your journey, and leave a great many Mardierian ships floundering in its wake.

Yours,

E. T. Wilkinson de Chauncourtois

E. T. Wilkinson de Cauncourtois

On behalf of the High Council of Eslandola.

On 1/28/2017 at 3:52 PM, Legostone said:

I would wish one of these pieces of paper for the Cardinal .

Letter of Marque granted! :pir-wink: :thumbup: