Sign in to follow this  
Nemo57

Milwaukee Road U23B

I present you the model of the American locomotive Milwaukee Road U23B, made strictly in the style of Lego City. Model motorized, width - 7, used home-made labels for the greater detail, all the nice view.

DSCN7200.JPG

lWhmHXJ.jpg

DSCN7205.JPG

DSCN7206.JPG

DSCN7196.JPG

DSCN7207.JPGDSCN7203.JPG

DSCN7210.JPG

DSCN7211.JPG

DSCN7217.JPG

DSCN7218.JPG

Bye.

DSCN7221.JPG

Nice lookin' loco... How 'bout a straight on side shot so we can see the trucks and other side details? :classic:

Many thanks. It is necessary to click in the top post over here.     Reveal hidden contents    But be careful. A lot of pictures. Perhaps if we make stickers with the logo of the locomotive name, it will be more like? :classic: But such a possibility is not yet have.

DSCN7206.JPG

DSCN7221.JPG

Edited by Nemo57

Beautiful work! Despite being only 7 studs wide, it looks very well-proportioned and detailed. The color scheme is very handsome, too.
To attach all those handrails must have been quite a pain...

Thank you. I tried to do similar. At least, in the style of Lego City, because otherwise we can not collect.

w7umhdh.pngDSCN7196.JPG

Thank you so much. But I do not have individual magnets. Lego City style can endure. But what Maersk?:wink:  It's an American locomotive?

10219-1.jpg

Edited by Nemo57

Yes the Maersk Train has buffers, but that has more to do with Lego not making a new mold when it was really needed...  The old magnets could work without buffers, but after the great toy safety magnet panic a few years ago, Lego introduced the new magnets as being permenanetly stuck with the buffers.

Thanks for clarifying. I did not know this.
But good to know that I am now going train in the same style with the Lego company.:classic:
I'll try to find somewhere individual magnets.

Russian trains had to do the same with the wrong magnets.:cry_sad:

teplovoz_TEM14.pngtem-14_107801.jpg

chme-2-oblegchennaya-versiya_98018.jpgchme-2-oblegchennaya-versiya_97996.jpg

Edited by Nemo57

Thanks for the additional photos.  I stand by my original post. Thats a good looking locomotive.  And how 'bout those Russian machines... They look like they were meant to be made out of LEGO. Nice work on those, too.

What a superb work!:wub:

You've nailed the real shape of this amazing locomotive with a perfection of details.:thumbup:

I love the 7 studs wide format mixed with 6 studs on the very front.

The lights are amazing and the cab very complex!

Top notch work :wub:

8 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

Beautiful work! 
To attach all those handrails must have been quite a pain...

Thank you. Yes, indeed, it is a pain. How many droids lost their hands. Even one extra rack I have set.:blush:

5 hours ago, Rotundus said:

Thanks for the additional photos.  I stand by my original post. Thats a good looking locomotive.  And how 'bout those Russian machines... They look like they were meant to be made out of LEGO. Nice work on those, too.

Thank you. Strictly Lego City style.

28 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a superb work!:wub:

You've nailed the real shape of this amazing locomotive with a perfection of details.:thumbup:

I love the 7 studs wide format mixed with 6 studs on the very front.

The lights are amazing and the cab very complex!

Top notch work :wub:

Many thanks. It appears, if not build 6 and 7, the drill bit easier to do, especially for the cab. There was a problem with the extreme frontal small glasses, but it was able to overcome with the help here is a uniform 42446.jpg color Circuits and window frames when all the cracks because of the same color masked. For a long time did not, I would even use a drill, but stopped in time. :wink:

Edited by Nemo57

Definitely a nice looking locomotive. I like how you were able to keep the cab open for a minifig or two. Not sure if it's on purpose, but it looks like you have two dark blue minifig hands in the handrails on the left side. I tend to get those colors confused while digging around my parts.

That's right. When I put the fence, mixed colors, because the vision is a little fails. And when I have photographed the locomotive, the only pictures I saw a strange dark blue hands. Why so few photos from this side of the locomotive. But adequate replacement has been carried out by myself, hand-taped delivered right black.
You - a big plus for observation and a keen eye.

Yes, two minifigures in chairs should fit together. Elbows hands go into the inner recesses of the side windows.

Thanks for the tip.

Here pictured the wrong hand is visible.  :blush:

DSCN7202.JPG

Edited by Nemo57

Very nice! You did a great job with the smooth stub nose. Looks really accurate and has a great, striking color scheme with the orange/black.

Very nice.  You did a great job on the "U boat"  I like that the cab can fit in an engineer. :classic:

The old coupler magnets can be ordered from Bricklink.  Be careful not to swallow two or more of them or one with steel/iron parts.  If they pinched your intestines, it can cause serious internal damage and require surgery to fix.

3 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

Very nice! You did a great job with the smooth stub nose. Looks really accurate and has a great, striking color scheme with the orange/black.

Thank you. Very bright in color, this locomotive. We did not even orange train.

48 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

Great build, very prototypical!

Thank you. This locomotive is so good that our simple model did not have a chance to spoil such a beautiful reality in the train.

6 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Very nice.  You did a great job on the "U boat"  I like that the cab can fit in an engineer. :classic:

The old coupler magnets can be ordered from Bricklink.  Be careful not to swallow two or more of them or one with steel/iron parts.  If they pinched your intestines, it can cause serious internal damage and require surgery to fix.

Thank you so much. I tried as best I could. As in the Lego City style.
Thanks for the warning. We will try to eliminate iron in our diet, apples and magnets.:laugh:

We were able to recently buy 40 kg of Lego parts, and among them were part of the set with trains 45604512 . It was possible to find 7 individual magnets, they will last for three and a half new locomotive.:wink: