Mengish

Captain Mengish (Prologue)

Ahoy Mates!

Here is my Sigfig and the rest of the story about how I ended up as a rat in the Sea of Theives. The first part of my story is here: 

The last time you saw me, I was staring at the barrel of a gun in absolute terror of what the future held in stock for me. Well, for a shipwrecked Bluecoat from Oleon who stranded on an island infested by pirates, it was very comprehensible. Then I found myself packed in this cave with the other survivors of that ill-fated voyage who were just as terrified.

On the first night of my, I naturally could not sleep, thinking over and over of a plan to escape my doomed fate. Of course, another reason was all that traditional noise only the pirates of the old world were able to produce. By dawn, everybody was asleep in the cave, which gave me the opportunity to do my old tricks. I was a master of getting rid of handcuffs and opening locked doors and this primitive security the pirates had installed was not my match. It took only 5 minutes to find myself in the open air without the jingling of the handcuffs. I was about to run into the forest when I realized that this was a small island. I could run but not far away. There was no vessel in sight to steal, other than my wrecked small boat lying on the shore. Having spent only a few minutes of joy, I was again disappointed.

I was waken up from the depths of my thoughts by that bass voice. “So you look like a man with skills!” said the man, whom I realized was the captain of these rascals. “Yes” I said, in comfort. I was surprised to find myself not terrified speaking to the man of whom I was so terrified only yesterday. He seemed like a wise man in this unwise place. “I can kill you right now, right here, you know”. This time, he didn’t sound like a wise man with good manners but like a bloody captain determined to end my life. Now, I was terrified and was able to murmur a few incomprehensible words. Upon this, the Captain gave a loud laughter which woke up the rest of the gang. He took me by the arm and called the rest: “Look at his face carefully, you bloody bastards, and salute your newest matey!”   

By noon, I had changed my clothes and was enlisted as another pirate in this small gang. I was not given a gun or a sword, though. It was only the instincts of the wise Captain that had let me in and I had a long way to go before I earned the trust of the rest of the gang. Maybe, the Captain had seen the real crook in me or simply needed a man with handy skills to save him and his gang from possible perils of which there was a great deal in this world. One way or another, I had saved my life and was ready to enjoy all the twisted adventures in this new life!

30141537002_ed06bc883f_c.jpgCaptain Mengish (Prologue) by Mengish, on Flickr

30221970266_b510e1ffc7_c.jpgCaptain Mengish (Prologue) by Mengish, on Flickr

30221970096_39aa0b5351_c.jpgCaptain Mengish (Prologue) by Mengish, on Flickr

Very nice story and excellent build, Captain Mengish! :pir-wink:  The foliage and two-colored tree leaves look great, and the buried pirate captain, as well as the live one, are very nice as well! :thumbup:  My only problem here is that I'm not quite sure how the build and story are connected - both are excellent in their own right, but I'm not quite sure how they fit together! :grin:  However, overall, superb job - it's great to have you in the Brick Seas, and I'm looking forward to Captain Mengish's adventures! :pir-sweet:

Very nice build.  That town tone tree makes for a perfect autumn scene.

Edited by Kwatchi

1 hour ago, Garmadon said:

Very nice story and excellent build, Captain Mengish! :pir-wink:  The foliage and two-colored tree leaves look great, and the buried pirate captain, as well as the live one, are very nice as well! :thumbup:  My only problem here is that I'm not quite sure how the build and story are connected - both are excellent in their own right, but I'm not quite sure how they fit together! :grin:  However, overall, superb job - it's great to have you in the Brick Seas, and I'm looking forward to Captain Mengish's adventures! :pir-sweet:

Thank you for the nice comments Garmadon. In fact, this second part of the story is associated with the first part and it tells how I have turned into the pirate in the photos. So the Pirate Captain in the photos will be featured in a third chapter. Thereon, the adventures of Captain Mengish shall commence in BoBS. This thread is just to introduce my Sigfig.  

43 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Very nice build.  That town tone tree makes for a perfect autumn scene.

Thanks Kwatchi!! 

Fun story, and great build. I love how you've worked the foliage, and the open grave with the dead pirate holding the map are classic! :thumbup:

I like this scene. The vegetation is really great and the turning colors on the tree are great. I like the story so far, but look forward to the continuation of the story. Curious minds want to know why that pirate is dead! Look forward to learning more. :pir-devil:

Neat build, all the vegetation gives a nice feeling, and the grave only adds to that feeling!

On 11.10.2016 at 7:50 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Fun story, and great build. I love how you've worked the foliage, and the open grave with the dead pirate holding the map are classic! :thumbup:

On 11.10.2016 at 8:19 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Sigfig and dead pirate's open tomb is very nice. And the story is well written too :thumbup:

On 13.10.2016 at 8:06 PM, SilentWolf said:

I like this scene. The vegetation is really great and the turning colors on the tree are great. I like the story so far, but look forward to the continuation of the story. Curious minds want to know why that pirate is dead! Look forward to learning more. :pir-devil:

On 13.10.2016 at 10:46 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Welcome on board!

On 14.10.2016 at 4:04 PM, Elostirion said:

Such a great introduction MOC!

On 14.10.2016 at 9:06 PM, TitusV said:

Neat build, all the vegetation gives a nice feeling, and the grave only adds to that feeling!

Thank you all for all the warm welcome and nice comments that just provide the GAS I need to build more!!! 

I look forward to seeing more builds from you, this was a very strong start, I enjoyed the quality of the presentation too.