SilentWolf

[COR - Octoberfest] The art of swordfighting

Octoberfest is a great opportunity to undust skills and sports that have faded with time. Sword and shield fighting is not a skill used anymore in war, but there are those who still have it mastered. Octoberfest allows them the opportunity to compete once again. 

29616261393_f12fef227b_z.jpg

30211137706_94695949ef_z.jpg

30130882562_8cb8b0e5fc_z.jpg

Nice entry, SW! Great idea, and I particularly like the posing of the contestants, and the construction of that fence! Quite clever!

Very good figure posing! And I never thought about having a fence around a fencing contest, but now that I write it out, it makes perfect sense! :pir-grin:

Fun entry!

Nice. Fenced fencing. Swinging a sword is still useful for boarding ships in the BoBS era and fighting in tight quarters aboard a ship. Not that much for the shield if you are holding a pistol in the other hand.

On 10/11/2016 at 0:19 AM, Elostirion said:

Neat idea, clean execution - great job!

On 10/11/2016 at 2:42 AM, Faladrin said:

Nice entry ! I like the fence !

Good job !

On 10/11/2016 at 6:44 AM, Bregir said:

Nice entry, SW! Great idea, and I particularly like the posing of the contestants, and the construction of that fence! Quite clever!

On 10/11/2016 at 9:10 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Very good figure posing! And I never thought about having a fence around a fencing contest, but now that I write it out, it makes perfect sense! :pir-grin:

Fun entry!

On 10/11/2016 at 1:29 PM, dr_spock said:

Nice. Fenced fencing. Swinging a sword is still useful for boarding ships in the BoBS era and fighting in tight quarters aboard a ship. Not that much for the shield if you are holding a pistol in the other hand.

Thank you! I got the idea for the fenced fencing from the movie, A Knights Tale. Though I think their fighting area was larger than 12x12 studs plus the audience so I had to shrink the area. I am glad the fences turned out well - this was my first attempt with black for the fence instead of brown. I know the sword is still valuable but the BOBS era is seeing the loss of armor and increase of pistols and muskets so I felt the armored sword and shield fights made a good historic idea even if recent history. Thank you for the comments on the posing. That was definitely the focus of this build. 

3 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

but the BOBS era is seeing the loss of armor

I am sure Eslandian soldiers will keep using armour and shields as long as they have them in store... Not to incur any write-offs in the armaments ministry! :pir-laugh: