AlmightyArjen

Video: 15 Lego train crash

On 8.10.2016 at 1:17 PM, MaxSupercars said:

The author did probably a lot of work by creating of this video but I don't see any fun by crashing of trains.

Max

Same. Not going to watch the video.

There are two groups of AFOL's: the ones that see their trains as precious material and the ones who see them as toys. I'm the latter and I have no problem crashing them: it's good fun! :D

I use an Ion Air Pro 2 for the on-train shots. It has a bullet shape so easy to install and less (top)heavy than a GoPro.

Crashing trains is fine as long as it is not my trains. :laugh:

You have some bad track buckling. Send out your MOW crew.  Or were they meant to be hidden jump ramps? :wink:

On 12/10/2016 at 8:07 AM, AlmightyArjen said:

There are two groups of AFOL's: the ones that see their trains as precious material and the ones who see them as toys. I'm the latter and I have no problem crashing them: it's good fun! :D

I use an Ion Air Pro 2 for the on-train shots. It has a bullet shape so easy to install and less (top)heavy than a GoPro.

Arjen,

Huge props for this tidbit of help.  I've been searching for a suitable mono-rail camera for a while now, and I remember reading your recommendation for this and then on Sunday my dad phoned demanding that I got to some cheap electronics store for him to get a factory refurb Kobo and while trying to find that on the flyer for the guy at the desk I came across the Ion.  It's so perfect for Monorail it isn't funny!!  I'm completely stoked at it's ability and how it as you said distributes weight.  GoPro's crash those things and on top of that collide with any near the track accessories.  My pilot video looks ABSOLUTELY incredible.  Cannot thank you enough or recommend this product enough.

Fortunately the factory refurb that I got was $49.99 CAD with no ship obviously.  Still thrilled.  Test drive was extremely promising, wide angle is good on these!!