Tracytron

2017 Lego Star Wars UCS set vote

On 08/10/2016 at 5:06 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

I would love that MTT idea, but it doesn't sound much different than set 7662 from 2007, which honestly is big enough I am sure it could be motorized in some way, albeit sacrificing some of the other play features. Not to mention getting 20+ copies of the same battle droid figure we have had since 1999 would be boring, I already have more of those things than I ever wanted...

EDIT: Somebody already has motorized the 7662, a bit slow on the gearing but it works: 

Venator would be a good choice, I think it has a wide appeal, due to the fact it is sort of a mini version of the classic Star Destroyer. The fact the hangar bay could open to show additional detailed areas would be a bonus. 

True mini-figure scale AT-AT, and motorized? Probably not. I don't want to sell a kidney to buy it. The engineering challenges to build it would be more suited for an AFOL MOCcer, since I doubt Lego could make a model that huge with motors and have it be easy enough a child could build it (I know UCS sets are aimed at adults, but for the most part Lego still makes them easy enough for even a 12 year old child to build if they have experience with previous Lego sets.)

My ideas of models I would want to see given the UCS treatment:

-Millennium Falcon

-Y-Wing

-Naboo Royal Cruiser

-Podracers

-AT-ST

-Cloud City UCS Playset

-Starkiller Base

Wait since when is the venator smaller than the standard model for the star destroyer? I thought it was based off the venator? Some even modified in to one? (I'm getting that from the end of episode 3)

10 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

That is why I think it makes more sense for TLG to do something from the OT. Many OT fans would not touch anything PT, while there are plenty of PT fans who enjoy stuff from both the PT and OT.

And I do agree with Flandy, none of the PT ships/vehicles qualify as iconic in my book. I will be disappointed if get something from the PT (or anything motorized for that matter).

HOW DARE U SPEAK ? ABOUT THE REPUBLIC GUNSHIP :P

9 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

I disagree. I think the Venetor, ATTE, Gunship, and ARC170 are iconic in my book.

And to a clone wars fan so is the V-19 torrent

I have to agree with everyone here that they're gonna make something from the OT I mean it is the 40th anniversary but maybe this time around they'll give us that AT-AT and I think people seem to be misunderstanding me here; I don't actually find the AT-AT being motorised a necessity it's just something that would really just put the icing on the cake for me and literally make it almost twice as good in my personal opinion as it would just be incredible to see something PLASTIC, that can fall apart SO EASILY and THAT BIG walking it'd just feel purely epic

On 10/8/2016 at 9:53 AM, gotoAndLego said:

This is true if you ask a Star Wars fan who was a child during the OT. Ask a fan who was a child during the PT and they will say Venetor, ARC170, Gunship, etc. in addition to the usual OT stuff.

A non-SW fan isn't going to spend $500 on a SW Lego set so its mostly irrelevant what they think about expensive Star Wars sets.

The prequels are/were garbage.  And I do have two kids that grew up during the PT era.  They barely remember anything about them, yet they can quote OT stuff all day.  When they talk Star Wars, it's only OT.

I will concede that the Republic Gunship is a pretty cool design, but we've gotten three of them already.  Other than that, nothing from the PT can be called iconic.

Edited by kibosh

Anything OT. I have to agree the vast majority of the prequel ships are horrible. The basic storylines are fine, but I think they should totally be redone. 

Force awakens are tolerable, and I have mixed feelings from what I've seen from rogue one, but reserving judgement until I see it. 

On 10/7/2016 at 2:09 PM, kibosh said:

Ugh.  No more prequel stuff.  Ever.

Why not? I'd love a new prequel themed ucs set, we haven't had that since 2010.

I'd go for the venator class star destroyer, but I think there's more that can be made into ucs

AT-AT.  However being motorized would only needlessly increase the cost, which is likely to be quit high anyway.

I do find it perplexing that they haven't made a UCS AT-AT yet.  A 3,500 piece, close to minifig scale AT-AT for $300 would sell very well.  They'd probably charge $400 though ;D

Just now, Schneeds said:

AT-AT.  However being motorized would only needlessly increase the cost, which is likely to be quit high anyway.

I do find it perplexing that they haven't made a UCS AT-AT yet.  A 3,500 piece, close to minifig scale AT-AT for $300 would sell very well.  They'd probably charge $400 though ;D

But hey, you'd probably get a Hoth Han with it. Which would totally justify the price.

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

A Jedi Temple UCS

Good lord if they gave us even the freaking starting line for the pod race back in the early 2000's then it's really just stupid that they haven't done that yet lol

3 hours ago, Schneeds said:

Lol too true

If i had to pick between the three in the original post, then it would be a venetor.  But I personally would like lego to either release a ucs falcon or ucs ISD in 2017.

On 10/10/2016 at 8:07 AM, kibosh said:

Other than that, nothing from the PT can be called iconic.

That must be why we see so many UCS Venator MOCs.

Would love to see an updated ucs falcon with more work on the inside.

A true UCs Hoth set, not the jumble that came out this year.

Or a UCS Dagobah, or UCS playset of Jaba's hideout heck a UCS Skiff would be cool also

On 12/10/2016 at 8:14 AM, gotoAndLego said:

???????????

On 12/10/2016 at 7:38 PM, H3ssian said:

Would love to see an updated ucs falcon with more work on the inside.

A true UCs Hoth set, not the jumble that came out this year.

Or a UCS Dagobah, or UCS playset of Jaba's hideout heck a UCS Skiff would be cool also

Frankly I don't really see a UCS dagobah being made I mean what would it include? An X-wing, yoda, Luke in both his dagobah outfit and his rebel pilot outfit, R2-D2, Darth Vader but with Luke's head and a new mould for the helmet being broken open, the small little camp Luke set up, yoda's hut, and the small cave where Luke actually encounters yoda..... it's just too small for it to really be a UCS set....

On 10/11/2016 at 6:14 PM, gotoAndLego said:

Wow.  You got me there.  There has to be upwards of a half dozen of these floating around.  How has LEGO missed out on this HUGE market potential???

10 hours ago, Tracytron said:

???????????

Frankly I don't really see a UCS dagobah being made I mean what would it include? An X-wing, yoda, Luke in both his dagobah outfit and his rebel pilot outfit, R2-D2, Darth Vader but with Luke's head and a new mould for the helmet being broken open, the small little camp Luke set up, yoda's hut, and the small cave where Luke actually encounters yoda..... it's just too small for it to really be a UCS set....

Yes good call, I guess I thought if you had the large plates and did a swamp and detailed Yodo hut and Xwing etc, the brick count would be rather high. Yoda's hut was damn good in the movies and loads of detail inside.  But we can all have our UCS dreams :D :D

On 10/7/2016 at 2:06 PM, xboxtravis7992 said:

I would love that MTT idea, but it doesn't sound much different than set 7662 from 2007, which honestly is big enough I am sure it could be motorized in some way, albeit sacrificing some of the other play features. Not to mention getting 20+ copies of the same battle droid figure we have had since 1999 would be boring, I already have more of those things than I ever wanted...

EDIT: Somebody already has motorized the 7662, a bit slow on the gearing but it works: 

Venator would be a good choice, I think it has a wide appeal, due to the fact it is sort of a mini version of the classic Star Destroyer. The fact the hangar bay could open to show additional detailed areas would be a bonus. 

True mini-figure scale AT-AT, and motorized? Probably not. I don't want to sell a kidney to buy it. The engineering challenges to build it would be more suited for an AFOL MOCcer, since I doubt Lego could make a model that huge with motors and have it be easy enough a child could build it (I know UCS sets are aimed at adults, but for the most part Lego still makes them easy enough for even a 12 year old child to build if they have experience with previous Lego sets.)

My ideas of models I would want to see given the UCS treatment:

-Millennium Falcon

-Y-Wing

-Naboo Royal Cruiser

-Podracers

-AT-ST

-Cloud City UCS Playset

-Starkiller Base

I like the idea of a new venator but I have to agree with you on your list, particularly the Y Wing and Naboo Cruiser. There have really never been any (good) Naboo Cruiser sets - and very few mocs - and a Y-Wing would be awesome because, Y-Wings man xD

On 10/11/2016 at 5:14 PM, gotoAndLego said:

:laugh:Haha true. There have been some seriously awesome Venator Mocs.. ahem...

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/286828 (The popular one that appeared in the 2009 Visual Dictionary, Eric Varsegi, studded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCdKkRYg9AY (Unknown, SNOT)

These are just some of my personal favorites, there are lots more of all different scales.

10 hours ago, H3ssian said:

Yes good call, I guess I thought if you had the large plates and did a swamp and detailed Yodo hut and Xwing etc, the brick count would be rather high. Yoda's hut was damn good in the movies and loads of detail inside.  But we can all have our UCS dreams :D :D

I guess

7 hours ago, strider117 said:

I like the idea of a new venator but I have to agree with you on your list, particularly the Y Wing and Naboo Cruiser. There have really never been any (good) Naboo Cruiser sets - and very few mocs - and a Y-Wing would be awesome because, Y-Wings man xD

:laugh:Haha true. There have been some seriously awesome Venator Mocs.. ahem...

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/286828 (The popular one that appeared in the 2009 Visual Dictionary, Eric Varsegi, studded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCdKkRYg9AY (Unknown, SNOT)

These are just some of my personal favorites, there are lots more of all different scales.

Speaking of Y-Wings GIVE US A Y-WING THAT STILL HAS ITS ARMOUR ON LEGO :P

The original Yoda Hut had the X-Wing along with a form of hut that opened out. I agree though that the set just couldn't justify a UCS tag as a playset. I'm sure there could be a fantastic MOC that would be the right kind of size and brick count but nothing that could really be bought off the shelf with instructions for children to follow.

On 07/10/2016 at 1:09 PM, kibosh said:

Ugh.  No more prequel stuff.  Ever.

1000% agree.

IMHO, since it's the 40th anniversary of A New Hope, then the other UCS slot has to be taken up by something from that.  That narrows it down to an updated release of 10179, Tantive IV or a Star Destroyer really. 

Edited by mickywrx

On 14 October 2016 at 0:43 AM, kibosh said:

Wow.  You got me there.  There has to be upwards of a half dozen of these floating around.  How has LEGO missed out on this HUGE market potential???

Very childish mentality. Anyway, how many b-wing mocs were there before that set?