just2good

LEGO Ideas: 21310 Old Fishing Store (Fall 2017)

That is easily my favorite Ideas set to date!  I am also glad to see the inclusion of the 3 seagulls.

This will go well with my modular buildings, as did the Haunted House. I can also put connect to it 'Fun at the Beach' and have an old man to tell the kids to get off his, uh, beach. I think I spot a ladder for going up the lighthouse, which is much better than magical teleportation via the hand of god.

It looks really, really good. I am very pleased with what they did with it. This might become a quite popular set :classic:

I'm definitely going to need two of these, one to build and one for parts. Better add it to my birthday list asap. I'm really digging all the animals, new figure prints, and various accessories. Instantly the top  set for the year in this price range for me.

This is one beautiful set! The jaunty, angled, weathered Sand Green siding and weather beaten roof make this set, along with what looks like a nicely detailed interior!

That one figure there at the bottom has nice dual molded legs of Olive Green and either black or dark brown boots. :classic:

:wub:

Such an atmosphere! So many details. Impressive! I didn't dare to hope the interior would be so detailed.

Even though I'm vegetarian, I want to have this fishing store!

Oh wow, this is great. I certainly want this, but I'm so far behind on the Modular Buildings already...

I wonder if the sand green dilapidation will compliment or detriment the Haunted House set.

So many printed planks (hope these are not stickers), so many details and usable rare parts! Must have on day 1. 

6 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

So many printed planks (hope these are not stickers), so many details and usable rare parts! Must have on day 1. 

All Lego Ideas sets contain printed bricks.

It is a pretty small build for the amount of pieces, but looking at the pictures again, you can really see where they went. There is so much going on on so little space. It's quite mad really :wink:  and makes for a great display of what is possible with Lego pieces.

That entire store setup inside the house looks like it's only held in by the corners of the brown arch pieces, so it's easily removable so kids can play with it comfortably. It also makes the house feel bigger since they can spread out the set pieces and use the flipped-out wall as a backdrop.

(I mean, not that any kid ever is going to buy a $300 set lol)

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

17 minutes ago, Henchmen4Hire said:

(I mean, not that any kid ever is going to buy a $300 set lol)

Well, it's only a $150 set. I can definitely see this as the big birthday/christmas gift for a teen/pre-teen that is into Lego.

5 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Yeah but as you can see there are plenty of stickers too (in this specific set).

I'm not seeing evidence of stickers in any of the photos so far.

26 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Well, it's only a $150 set. I can definitely see this as the big birthday/christmas gift for a teen/pre-teen that is into Lego.

I'm not seeing evidence of stickers in any of the photos so far.

how about those 2x3 modified tiles with clips on roof hm? :)  

IMG_3193

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

how about those 2x3 modified tiles with clips on roof hm? :)  

That does look like a sticker.  Though, why the attitude? 

I don't think one would account for "plenty".  However, if there is one sticker for that panel then I would probably guess the window in question is not printed as those small windows are typically stickers anyway.

I'm pretty sure the "Open" and "Gone Fishin'" signs on the doors, the Opening Hours and Boat Rentals signs, and the 2x4 tile on the roof are stickered as well, and the "Anton's Bait Shop" sign and fishhook packages are printed. (Plus all the parts like the wood planks and map and TNT crate that are existing prints from other sets.)

5 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I'm pretty sure the "Open" and "Gone Fishin'" signs on the doors, the Opening Hours and Boat Rentals signs, and the 2x4 tile on the roof are stickered as well, and the "Anton's Bait Shop" sign and fishhook packages are printed. (Plus all the parts like the wood planks and map and TNT crate that are existing prints from other sets.)

Well, that does seem to be quite a few stickers. There are a lot of printed tiles though! Now I'm a bit depressed, might only have to buy 4 of these. :look: