just2good

LEGO Ideas: 21310 Old Fishing Store (Fall 2017)

I'm really looking forward to seeing some MODs based on the fishing store. Perhaps some kind of "themed" seafood restaurant in more of a traditional Modular style? Or perhaps a pawn shop with all sorts of paraphernalia for sale?

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing some MODs based on the fishing store. Perhaps some kind of "themed" seafood restaurant in more of a traditional Modular style? Or perhaps a pawn shop with all sorts of paraphernalia for sale?

I know I'm picking up 2 on day one! I'll be making one big one and he'll also be the harbor master!

On 6/12/2017 at 6:36 PM, Herky said:

Saturn had to be licensed I assume with NASA

not sure they have to pay for such license, it is linked to US government, it is not a private company

On 6/5/2017 at 10:48 PM, Jim said:

They do contain a lot of printed parts, but it's not by default, unfortunately. 

Ugh, thats disappointing. 

On 6/5/2017 at 11:35 PM, Blazej_Holen said:

Not true. There are few stickers for single parts, but most of those pieces is printed (1x3; 1x4 wooden planks - various colours, 1x2 tiles with fish hooks pattern, Anton´s sign, money (bill and coin), 1x1 yellow tile on cash desk, newspapers, and others...) .

How about Big bang theory set? :)

Hmmm... :look:

This set will retail for £139.99 in the UK and $149.99 in the U.S.

At that price, I'll wait and see what MOCs/MODs can come from this set before buying it

Given Lego's abandonment of so much of what brought me out of my dark ages (Vikings and Indiana jones started it, then was all-in with non-licensed collectible minifigures, kingdoms, imperial flagship,  modular), I haven't been this child-like and giddy waiting for a set in a long time.  The detail and design work is incredible, but there's something even more appealing about the thematic feel to it.  There's an adventurous sense of realism to it.  Something that's most always missing from Lego nautical-based sets. It's not just piece count and detail. It's a gap filler in a way (why has Lego never done a proper town/city sailboat, lighthouse, etc?  These things are often limited afterthoughts to other themes and get short shrift.)  it's actually inspired me to start a new lighthouse moc -- I think I've found a workable solution to building a tower that's both round and slopes in like a classical lighthouse.  It's actually my first non-historical moc in 20 years. So thanks to all involved for designing, voting for, and approving it.  Can't wait to build it. 

Have you seen this?

Creator and Designer together to explain the set:

Edited by SwissBrick

I hadn't seen that yet. I think that is the best view that I have seen as to how the office connects to the store. I hadn't been able to tell that from any of the other pictures.

I hope the seagull piece gets added to Bricks and Pieces and is available to buy! I could buy a bunch and hang them up in my room :laugh:

Here is a well done review of 21310 by New Elementary that gives a great part breakdown of the set. :classic:

http://www.newelementary.com/2017/08/review-lego-ideas-21310-old-fishing-store.html

Edit: The Brothers Brick and The Brick Fan have also done their own reviews of the set.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/08/17/lego-ideas-21310-old-fishing-store-review/

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-old-fishing-store-21310-review/

Edited by Digger of Bricks

44 minutes ago, blackknightrises said:

Just got my order placed a few minutes ago. Can't wait to get this!!

Just ordered 2!! I'm going to be making them into one bigger one!

5 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

Nice! I thought about doing that but my budget right now said otherwise lol

Also I hate that stuff doesn't seem to go live on brick's and pieces until some unholy hour in the early morning. I waited up another hour last night to try and order some extra seagulls, but the set hadn't been posted yet. Then by the time I got up this morning they were sold out. 

Edited by blackknightrises

2 hours ago, blackknightrises said:

Nice! I thought about doing that but my budget right now said otherwise lol

My LEGO budget this month needs to go to some bricklink orders so I used up all of my VIP points and got one for "free".

On 8/31/2017 at 11:14 PM, Boettner Builds said:

"Two." Yeah okay...:tongue: 

On 01/09/2017 at 9:36 PM, blackknightrises said:

Also I hate that stuff doesn't seem to go live on brick's and pieces until some unholy hour in the early morning. I waited up another hour last night to try and order some extra seagulls, but the set hadn't been posted yet. Then by the time I got up this morning they were sold out. 

They were probably never for sale. Stuff in newer sets tends to get listed on Bricks & Pieces as "sold out" when that really means "not for sale at this time" (it may appear later on or it may never appear). That said, some people have reported being able to buy parts otherwise marked "not for sale" from TLG by calling them on the phone and trying (e.g. the tiger from the City Jungle sets is "not for sale" on the Bricks & Pieces site and likely has never been for sale yet people have gotten some by calling on the phone)

Also, this set is awesome. Easily as much fun to build as a modular if not more so. Lots of neat parts and its (IMO) the best "natural-ish tones" parts pack ever released (reddish brown, dark brown, olive green, light bluish grey, dark bluish grey, dark tan, dark orange, medium dark flesh). So glad I took the plunge (even if things didn't go exactly how I had hoped and I paid a little bit more for it than I would have ideally liked :)

Oh and the set is (IMO) the first set (with the possible exception of last year's lighthouse) where the 2 x 2 tile with the boat painting really fits :)

Edited by jonwil

The Department of Fish and Wildlife caught wind of their wild fishing day and now they're looking at huge fines in addition to revocation of their fishing license for that dolphin. Honestly, what the heck?

37327680992_9081596249_b.jpg

Been assembled for about 12 hours now, time to take it apart and MOD. 

Just over half way done building this set. While not the biggest, I have to say this is the best set and most enjoyable build I have ever bought. I prefer it to the actual modulars. Now to figure out how to incorporate it into my town. TLG if you are reading this please make the boat repair shop this gentleman submitted to Ideas as well. His designs are incredible!

Edited by NewTown