just2good

LEGO Ideas: 21310 Old Fishing Store (Fall 2017)

There is the sticker sheet beside the model - on the left (sligthly bent paper sheet), it is quite a lot unfortunately.

34174561454_26e5e7351c_z_d.jpg

Other than that, I am in love with this set, could be my very first house set, though I don't like the roof, it looks messy compared to the original - easy to fix. I might give a try to build it over  to the boat repair shop (which is my favorite from Roben).

Edited by agrof

Blah, stickers. At least it looks like it's less than a dozen, and mostly newspapers, signs, and labels at that.

Edited by K_Tiger

Yeah! The first ideas set with stickers!!! :(

side note: TLG can't even keep a sticker sheet form getting messed up...

Edited by Boettner Builds

This set was a very pleasant surprise! Finally we get a set with seagulls, and they even put in 3, in addition 2 lobsters, a cat, a crab and a shoal of fish from what I can see :excited: Way to go Lego :thumbup:

This set is incredible. The number of stickers are disappointing. It appears that at least the main sign is printed (as well as the planks... oh so many!). I sure the similarity between the lobster guy and the JAWS boat captain is pure coincidence. LOL

34668660670_603dc3a20a_n.jpgWhat a coincidence lol #jaws by rivermaster83, on Flickr

Set presentation in Billund - so planks, main sign, 1x2 tiles with fish hooks and 1x1 yellow ile with notes are printed the rest are stickers... I count 10 of them on sticker sheet

Edited by Blazej_Holen

1 hour ago, froggy95 said:

This set is incredible. The number of stickers are disappointing. It appears that at least the main sign is printed (as well as the planks... oh so many!). I sure the similarity between the lobster guy and the JAWS boat captain is pure coincidence. LOL

34668660670_603dc3a20a_n.jpgWhat a coincidence lol #jaws by rivermaster83, on Flickr

That's why there is a crate of TNT!! :)

12 hours ago, froggy95 said:

Ha! Surely completely coincidental :laugh:

Love the set.  I loved the idea to begin with, and it looks great as a set.

To be honest, I would build it once because it's a beautiful set that will be fun to build, then I'd scrap it for parts a month later because it's a fantastic parts pack.

On 6/2/2017 at 1:55 AM, agrof said:

There is the sticker sheet beside the model - on the left (sligthly bent paper sheet), it is quite a lot unfortunately.

That's disappointing.  I'll have to assess the sticker situation before deciding if I can part with the cash to buy this.

14 hours ago, froggy95 said:

I sure the similarity between the lobster guy and the JAWS boat captain is pure coincidence. LOL

I will have to get a grey baseball cap to complete the figure and take it from coincidence to homage.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Love the set.  I loved the idea to begin with, and it looks great as a set.

1. To be honest, I would build it once because it's a beautiful set that will be fun to build, then I'd scrap it for parts a month later because it's a fantastic parts pack.

2. That's disappointing.  I'll have to assess the sticker situation before deciding if I can part with the cash to buy this.

3. I will have to get a grey baseball cap to complete the figure and take it from coincidence to homage.

1. I wonder if a dilapidated/haunted house could be made with one or two of these. May just stick with modifying my Mystery Mansion and leave that to the pros.

2. I hate stickers too, but it looks like it's only ten of them.

3. If that catches on I can see demand for Big Shark going through the roof.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

That's disappointing.  I'll have to assess the sticker situation before deciding if I can part with the cash to buy this.

Then I should just reproduce the stickers you can then keep the originals mint ;)

The set is a very nice parts set b.t.w. I really like those brown fences 4x2 (and the rest, great set!)

Some pictures from the official unveiling. Not the best pictures, but you might enjoy them anyway.

34263173913_0e148ec6e0_c.jpg

34263175023_c3ffb7300b_c.jpg

34230312204_c9c0d65a62_c.jpg

34686654880_eea630a22a_c.jpg

34263174373_a70ceacb8c_c.jpg

34230312604_cfdf0b24bd_c.jpg

34686655240_0839a7a2fe_c.jpg

34230313214_4678179e09_c.jpg

34686655550_6ea29e3b44_c.jpg

34230313714_85f1fab332_c.jpg

34686655900_e74d1937ed_c.jpg

34230313964_d5f2de28e8_c.jpg

34686656190_2aff59de0b_c.jpg

34230314344_a3b3994484_c.jpg

34686656590_2c28a4b6a5_c.jpg

34230314784_75dddb771c_c.jpg

34230311834_c36994decc_c.jpg

34230315194_bdd625d84a_c.jpg

34230316824_3899fc27fe_c.jpg

Am I wrong? but there seem to be no door to enter the office or ladder to access the top floor.

24 minutes ago, kermit said:

Am I wrong? but there seem to be no door to enter the office or ladder to access the top floor.

Can't really tell either, but keen observations.  This set may need modding.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Some pictures from the official unveiling. Not the best pictures, but you might enjoy them anyway.

34263174373_a70ceacb8c_c.jpg

Best pictures so far. 

42 minutes ago, kermit said:

Theres a ladder in the image quoted above mounted above one of the window frames of the tower part. As far as how they get into the tower or out onto the balcony...

Furthermore from the video it appears that the deck above the office is not removable. It seems to be a waste of a lot of space. Any idea if it can be modded to be removable or is it meant to be like that for structural strength?

Thanks for the pictures Jim. Good to see this set in better quality. I must say; Wow, this set looks like another must have from Ideas. I love the look of this, and the price is ok.

Just now, Boromir said:

Thanks for the pictures Jim. Good to see this set in better quality. I must say; Wow, this set looks like another must have from Ideas. I love the look of this, and the price is ok.

This definitely is a must have!!

14 hours ago, kermit said:

Actually I thought that too at first glance, but there is actually 2 stud wide "hole" behind cash register. In presentation video there is clearly entrance to that small office through that hole...but it would be better if they did classic door entrance maybe from that patio around office tower...

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Actually I thought that too at first glance, but there is actually 2 stud wide "hole" behind cash register. In presentation video there is clearly entrance to that small office through that hole...but it would be better if they did classic door entrance maybe from that patio around office tower...

you are right i just re-watched the video.....it looks 3 studs wide though.

10 minutes ago, SheepEater said:

But lobsters are only red once boiled!:wink:

These are ready to serve :laugh: