Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL FB] Gov. Guilder reacts to news of King's actions

"Ach! What has he done?!" Governor Guilder was in shock when he read the dispatch from the King. "Withdraw all troops from the colonies? ... Prepare for an assault on Granoleon? Fernando has lost his mind! He'll sink us!"

01_guilder_shocked.jpg

Governor Guilder had worked too hard to build up Eslandola's strength in New Terra. He had built Weelond into a large town, and he had been instrumental in planning Operation KMA. The king had done nothing about Mardier's continued assaults at sea, and now he wants to abandon everything, for what? A madman's dream? The trade companies would be ruined. Eslandola would be ruined.

Governor Guilder thought about the dispatch from the king. Guilder did not want to disobey a direct order. But he would not abandon the colonies. After a few minutes, he called to his secretary. "Send word to muster the 1st company of the town militia. I want them ready for travel in one hour. I will inspect them prior to departure on the parade grounds."

"Governor, what is happening?"

"The king has gone mad. That's what's happening. Also send word for my personal guard to prepare for sea as well. And send word to the captain of the Sleeping Siren. She is to be our transport." And before his secretary could ask anything else, Guilder was out the door.

The Governor made a beeline for the office of Aaron van der Meede. Now that Weelond was a large town, van der Meede was the logical choice for civil servant, and it was time for his civil service career to start; he would be acting mayor while Guilder was gone.

Then Guilder went to the MCTC offices to look for Guy Wyndzon or Guy's uncle, but they were nowhere to be found. Guilder left word for Guy to meet him at the parade grounds. Guilder wondered if Guy hadn't heard the news yet. If he was out, he may not have seen the dispatch.

Soon the hour had passed, and the militia company was formed up for review in front of Fort Weelond.

02_infantry_company.jpg

"Captain."

"Governor, what is happening? The street is abuzz with rumors of war ... with Oleon!"

03_infantry_close.jpg

"I will fill you in once we're at sea, but I can tell you we are headed for Terelli, for a most dangerous mission."

"The men will do whatever you command, sir."

"I know, captain. That's why I requested the 1st militia company. This mission will need absolute loyalty. We must confront King Fernando before he ruins us all."

Just then the Governor's personal guard unit arrived: The Governor's Musketeers, a platoon of the finest riders and marksmen on the island.

04_muskateers.jpg

Guilder thought about what lay ahead as his musketeers paraded by. King Fernando wanted troops recalled to Terelli, and so the Governor would abide. But he was not headed to Terelli to join an assault on Granoleon; Guilder was headed to Terelli to talk some sense into the king, by whatever means necessary. Guilder was loyal to the crown, but only as it served Eslandola. The king action's had broken the unwritten natural laws that make him a king. If Fernando could not see this, Eslandola would be lost, not on the battlefield, but in the hearts and minds of all her loyal citizens.

Edited by Capt Wolf

Some really impressive troops there! Gotta show them the power of Eslandola!

Very nice response build, Capt Wolf, and an impressive show of force in Weelond! :pir-wink:  The angled walls of the fort, and the plates crossing the flagpole for some reason look great as well! :laugh:  Great job!

I sure don't blame Gov. Guilder for his concern!  Loyal citizens of Eslandola must remember that loyalty to the laws comes before loyalty to the monarch!

Really nice collection of troops there!  I'm gonna have to do some Bricklinking one of these days... the quantity of Eslandian soldiers I can muster is really lamentable! :pir-laugh:

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:03 AM, TitusV said:

Some really impressive troops there! Gotta show them the power of Eslandola!

Thanks. And yes we do! :pir-grin:

I had started on these troops awhile back and was going to use Weelond becoming a large town as an excuse to have a small parade. Then the king went off his rocker and gave me an excuse to introduce them with purpose.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:46 AM, Garmadon said:

Very nice response build, Capt Wolf, and an impressive show of force in Weelond! :pir-wink:  The angled walls of the fort, and the plates crossing the flagpole for some reason look great as well! :laugh:  Great job!

Thanks! I've wanted to do a sloped wall in this style for awhile, and finally had a reason. And the cross plates on the flagpole were inspired by drawings of an actual 17th century fort. I thought it was nice detail to throw in.

23 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I sure don't blame Gov. Guilder for his concern!  Loyal citizens of Eslandola must remember that loyalty to the laws comes before loyalty to the monarch!

Really nice collection of troops there!  I'm gonna have to do some Bricklinking one of these days... the quantity of Eslandian soldiers I can muster is really lamentable! :pir-laugh:

I've been impressed by the array of green torsos that others have used for Eslandolan troops, so I had to get my interpretations beyond the standard royal uniform in there.

17 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Go get them boys! Power to the people and all! :wink:

You said it. Trade companies unite!

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

On 10/7/2016 at 9:29 AM, Elostirion said:

Amazing troops, and an amazing amount of them! Great fort in the background as well - good luck!

Thanks. Your Golden Nelissei (or whatever they're called) were partial inspiration for the pikemen. And I hope to create the facade for the full fort at some point.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:59 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Well done!

Thank you!

Right, I often do not say too much.

This time I should have mentioned your modification of that star wars torso - great to see that you got so many of them. They make a fine army!

34 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Right, I often do not say too much.

This time I should have mentioned your modification of that star wars torso - great to see that you got so many of them. They make a fine army!

I got a great deal on them from a Bricklink seller in Hong Kong and couldn't pass them up! Erasing the badges on the chest isn't too tedious... :pir-grin:

And just in case anyone is wondering, the pikes are from BrickWarriors.