This is my attempt at a 72 chevy pickup. It has independent suspension, a shifter that only goes from neutral to drive (no fancy transmission), working v8, steering, and opening doors (with lock), hood, and tailgate. It is my first moc, though there have been many versions that got me to where it is today. the dash is detailed but it is black so a lot of it gets lost in pictures. Porsche rims were a pain to implement but they cost me too much not to put on here :). This is my first post, sorry for the quality of the truck and the pictures. IMG_2142.jpgThis is my last update. Unfortunately I can't get good photos or a video of this thing. Here are some pictures of the bodywork in case anyone has the urge to build this or make it better. I'm tearing it apart and waiting until my skills develop before making anything else! Thanks for taking the time to look! https://imgur.com/gallery/Kjupv

Edited by Rodzilla4
Added pics

Very warm welcome here at EB and your first MOC  looks very promising and cool, please post some more pics.:thumbup:

Thank you! I have been trying for a month to create the topic, but couldn't figure out how to post pictures. It finally let me attach this one, but I couldn't figure out how to attach more. (Other pics were shrunk the same way as this one)

https://imgur.com/gallery/qcbSB these lost a lot of quality but maybe this will work. I'm sorry for the double post. I've tried and tried, read all about how to post the right size pictures and I guess I'm just not good with technology. If this doesn't work feel free to delete this topic. 

from the pictures on imgur its bloody well done and has captured the lines of the older c10, I love the grill and headlights..

Get a bricksafe account and some detailed photos on a white background as its certainly a build that I would like to see more of..

Welcome to EB and fantastic build!  Do the front wheels steer? They look really close to the rims.

Thanks kiwi! I will get better pictures soon now that I know I can just put a link up. And lox, yes they turn very well. When fully turned they just miss the small black panels. If I can talk my girlfriend into it, I'll try to take a short video of it in the next day or two. Thanks everyone for the kind words! This truck and I have been round and round, so it's really nice that someone else appreciates it. 

That's one sweet truck. Love the air cleaner out of the hood and the Porsche rim fit it to a tee, totally sick ride :sweet: well done.

What a gorgeous car! And I like this well detailed engine, the lights, and the radiator grille! Well done m8!

Edited by LegoDego

Thank you all for the kind comments. I do plan to take some better quality pictures and a short video to show that the functions I listed do in fact work, but for now here are some of the many stages this truck went through. Some are approx 1:10 scale and some 1:8. https://i.imgur.com/BrT6ibs.jpg https://imgur.com/gallery/49h8t

Edited by Rodzilla4
Link was auto embedded.

Thanks Meatman! I'm still trying to figure out how to post proper links. Sorry to the moderators for the editing. I think I've got it figured out now. My favorite part of the build was getting to add some system bricks for engine detail. They don't stress me out like the technic pieces:)

Great looking Chevy C-10 Pickup, espesially front part!

About how to post pictures here: I suggest you first upload on Flickr and then do next steps (Brickdoctor said: Right-click on the picture, you'll get a little pop up box listing all the sizes. Click one of the sizes. You're taken to the page with one pic in the size you clicked and links to other sizes. Click the links until you find the size you want. Right-click on that picture, open the picture in a new tab or window, and deeplink the URL of said new tab or window.)  

Edited by FX6000

I've posted another link at the top with a few pictures of how the body was built. As I've said before the chassis is nothing spectacular. It would be awesome to see someone with more lego technic talent to build an improved version! I'm stepping away from the "moccing" game for awhile, in hopes to practice and learn from other Mocs or official sets, then maybe come back with something better in terms of functionality in the future. Thank you all for the views and comments! If someone is interested in building this, and or making it better, I have thousands of photos and can easily build the body and most of the chassis in ldd and can share the file. :)