Murdoch17

21304 Doctor Who MOD - 10's TARDIS - real world model

To start off this topic, I will say this: this is a WIP, and as such digital screenshots and real pictures will not match 100% as some part have not been ordered yet, and some parts are not in LDD anyway so i used the best parts I could. I was inspired to do 10's (played by David Tennant) console by this build by LEGOGallifrey as seen here: link to his Flickr

29796663110_36928c711f.jpg

As you can see, I modified the outside to be shorter in order to better fit with my figures.

29977128042_d89d3d129b_z.jpg

Here we see the folded open TARDIS exterior walls. The  walls have been changed from the grays of the original LEGO model to reflect 10's TARDIS.

29796663350_fe1697732a_z.jpg

Here we see the console as it was in 10's time as the Doctor. This is still a WIP, as the tan parts that go between the console sections haven't been ordered yet.

I used as many parts from different eras and themes as possible, such as adding the Lone Ranger pocket-watch to one area as a stand-in for 10's watch, while using a Alpha Team print in another spot representing the hatch to the time vortex "heart of the TARDIS". I even added the TV remote from the Simpsons Dimensions set to a third spot as a part of the telephone. Of course, the big lever that makes the ship move is included as well.

29977128132_a6f4fb6b11_z.jpg

Here is the other side of the console with the heart of the TARDIS and big lever.

29796666770_5fb90323cf_z.jpg

The outside of the TARDIS has been shortened from the original model from set 21304 (on the right) to make it more to scale with mini-figures. (My smaller version is on the left.)

29796667070_cbb2caef8c_z.jpg

The inside of the TARDIS still hook into the the exterior in the same way, so you can rotate them out for different era Doctors.(my version of 10's console is on the right, while the left version is the original from set 21304. I got the original 21304 model from Eurobricks user KamalYmafi at the "Official LEGO sets in LDD topic".)

Here is the LDD file for ONLY 10's version of the TARDIS (both inside and out): 10's TARDIS

As usual comments, questions, and complaints are always welcome. Thank you for reading! (sorry about the lack of pictures, they aren't working right now... the forum keeps having issues with the up-loader) How wierd: the pictures work after you post the topic, but not before!

Edited by Murdoch17