Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Greek Warship

Inspired by the movie 300: Rise Of An Empire naval battle between the Greeks and Persians, here's a minifig scale version of the warship where Greek general Themistocles leads his men out to the Aegean Sea.

Though historically inaccurate and my first scratch-built ship/watercraft, this build/creation/MOC embodies most of the features of the Greek warships. The most challenging aspect of the build is the general shaping/sculpting from bow to stern that required the use of arches, slopes and modified plates to get a smooth, flowing design. It will fit twelve oarsmen and easily twenty four Greek warriors ready for any battle.

Unfortunately very parts intensive at around 500 pieces with some that are hard-to-find, it's very unlikely that more copies of it will be made as originally planned. Will be working on a diorama for it that will be brought to the BrickFair New Jersey event.

29316873064_178e61997d_c.jpg

29437305304_11a4bd854c_c.jpg

30030749726_c8e6964203_c.jpg

29437305584_23570007e6_c.jpg

30030750166_b3d77ee997_c.jpg

30030750696_3b4fb28059_c.jpg

30064745595_3ca29d3c9d_c.jpg

It's awesome for such a scale. I understand why you created a Greek ship there were pirates at that time, too.Such   LEGO fans as you use only LEGO parts which they have, they need more imagination to create smth new each time. . Anyhow your project is worth not only LEGO ideas but also N Y or Tokyo Toy Fair (or any other as well). Perhaps if you share it there it will become even more popular in LEGO ideas.                                                                                                                 

5 hours ago, Staslegomaster said:

It's awesome for such a scale. I understand why you created a Greek ship there were pirates at that time, too.Such   LEGO fans as you use only LEGO parts which they have, they need more imagination to create smth new each time. . Anyhow your project is worth not only LEGO ideas but also N Y or Tokyo Toy Fair (or any other as well). Perhaps if you share it there it will become even more popular in LEGO ideas.                                                                                                                 

Thanks and it had to be in a smaller scale as it's intended to be in a diorama that will be on display at the BrickFair NJ on the last weekend of October.

AC

Great representation of the forgotten Thomas the tank engine character!:pir-laugh:. Just kidding Great MOC the 300 film is still on my to watch list but I love the Throne and realistic shape of this boat!

If it's a ship why is it  on the green background, not blue? Though my ship is also on a green background.  I think it attracts more attention. And besides, as you may know, LEGO CMF has a Spartan warrior and

a desert warrior. You can use them as a team and their enemies. And the female mini figurewith a bird on her shield could be Artemissia.  What do you think about it?