The first phase of Operation KMA was coming to an end, and it had been a complete success. Eslandolan forces had established a strong presence on Isla de Victoria, preventing Mardier from occupying the island first. The settlement of Fuerte Unido had settlers from all three trade companies and was already a sizable town. And now Capitan Alonzo could relax, if just for a moment, and recognize the job of his troops in finishing so quickly the construction of the actual fort that gives Fuerte Unido its name.

02_front2.jpg

They had started with the barracks, but were able to quickly build a fully enclosed compound, with a sizable blockhouse at one end and two small round bastions at the corners flanking the entrance to the fort.

01_side1.jpg

Yes, the fort was triangular, the three sides representing Eslandola's three trade companies.

The men were already falling into the routine of life in the fort. Wall sentries watched intently for any Mardier incursion.

sentry.jpg

Alonzo and Felipe, his second in command, reviewed one of the platoons.

down_the_side.jpg

thru_the_door.jpg

With the fort functional and the town protected, Operation KMA could now move on to its next phase.

Additional pics:

inside.jpg

front_right2.jpg

As always, all C & C welcome!

Edited by Capt Wolf

That one just turned out absolutely fantastic. Especially considering how little time you've had.

Detail-level is really nice, and those are some fine Eslandolan soldiers!

What I feel is a little bit odd is that you used (light) tan wedges in front of the gate (and at some other places) for the soil and at the same time used that colour for the freshly cut wood on the palisades. Pick one, I'd say. The same goes for the dark tan you used in the blockhouse as floor.

The triangular layout with the round towers and the blockhouse at the end (I'd like to see some more of that one) and the gatehouse and all - just stunning!

Great to see you also "finished" the colouring for your barracks.

Edited by Elostirion

That is a brilliant fort, it captures the look of a more temporary structure compared to the normal stone forts.  I like the triangular shape, and how big the whole thing is!

Great fort !

I like the triangular shape you gave to it. Great curved bastion towers to keep an eye on the entrance ! 

Great job !

Plain beauty! At first i had my reservations about the large caliber cannons atop wooden fortifications but you even made them solid ones, full of dirt so as to absorb canon firing and trembling. Great job! And ofc, size does matter! :pir-tongue:

As others have already mentioned, the triangular shape really sets this apart!  I love the round tower like sections on the two front ends, very nice work all around! :thumbup:

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:27 AM, Elostirion said:

That one just turned out absolutely fantastic. Especially considering how little time you've had.

Detail-level is really nice, and those are some fine Eslandolan soldiers!

What I feel is a little bit odd is that you used (light) tan wedges in front of the gate (and at some other places) for the soil and at the same time used that colour for the freshly cut wood on the palisades. Pick one, I'd say. The same goes for the dark tan you used in the blockhouse as floor.

The triangular layout with the round towers and the blockhouse at the end (I'd like to see some more of that one) and the gatehouse and all - just stunning!

Great to see you also "finished" the colouring for your barracks.

Thanks! I certainly got carried away on this one. Pretty much ran out of log wall pieces after two walls!

In general I think one can get away with using some colors for dual purposes, but the (light) tan plates did not work out as I had hoped.

As for the blockhouse, you can pretty much see all there is to it. I kept it simple due to lack of pieces and just needing it to anchor that end of the fort.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:03 AM, Franco Clarke said:

That is a brilliant fort, it captures the look of a more temporary structure compared to the normal stone forts.  I like the triangular shape, and how big the whole thing is!

Thanks. The temporary first structure of a settlement was the look I was going for. I was inspired a bit by drawings of the Jamestown settlement, which had a triangular design as well. As for the size, it was initially going to be smaller, but the barracks in the interior required adjusting the length of the sides, and I just got carried away.

21 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Great fort !

I like the triangular shape you gave to it. Great curved bastion towers to keep an eye on the entrance ! 

Great job !

Thanks. This was my first time using that round wall technique, and I was really happy with how it worked.

20 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Plain beauty! At first i had my reservations about the large caliber cannons atop wooden fortifications but you even made them solid ones, full of dirt so as to absorb canon firing and trembling. Great job! And ofc, size does matter! :pir-tongue:

Yes, solid earth bastions! If I had had more time, I might have made them a bit bigger; as it is, the cannons barely fit on them.

19 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

As others have already mentioned, the triangular shape really sets this apart!  I love the round tower like sections on the two front ends, very nice work all around! :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Captain Green Hair said:

Very neat looking fort, well done!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, even if it did get a little bigger than intended. I did a better job detailing this one than I did with the sawmill, and I think it paid off.

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Edited by Capt Wolf

A very impressive fort and nice looking company of troops to guard Eslandola's new ah... acquisition... in the Prio Sea! :pir-grin: Surely enough to give potential foes second thoughts. As  mentioned above the size and shape are particularly good, especially the round bastions with the large calibre cannons.  Great work!

Great job with the finished fort, Capt Wolf, the triangular shape (yes, I know everyone else mentioned it too! :grin:) looks great and is unique, and the round bastions with the raised ground for the cannons are awesome as well! :thumbup:  If there's one thing I'd nitpick about (besides the light tan wedges, which I agree look a little odd), it would be the squareness of the block-house... maybe it's just me, but I don't think I've ever been much of a fan of just about any blockhouses I've seen! :pir-grin:  (Well, except for this one, at least! :grin:  But two storied ones always look odd to me...)  

Great group of Eslandolan troops though (I really need to get some of those shirts!  Though the probability is that nothing of the kind will happen for two or three years, and then I might have one or two... :grin:), and the dark brown stripes on the roofs are very nice!  Great work! :pir-sweet:

This is the best site of LEGO pirates fans. But even here I can seldom see something impressive. It's worth a LEGO exhibishion or even a place in the Hall of Fame of the best official sets and fans' creations which will be in the new LEGO House in Billund.

On 10/4/2016 at 4:11 AM, Ayrlego said:

A very impressive fort and nice looking company of troops to guard Eslandola's new ah... acquisition... in the Prio Sea! :pir-grin: Surely enough to give potential foes second thoughts. As  mentioned above the size and shape are particularly good, especially the round bastions with the large calibre cannons.  Great work!

Thanks! This was my first time making round towers like this. If I'd had more pieces, I could have made them a bit bigger. As is, they are a tight fit for the guns, but you need those large caliber cannons for a shore battery.

On 10/7/2016 at 10:02 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Beautifull fort!!! Very clever idea to do it  triangular !! :thumbup:

On 10/8/2016 at 8:29 AM, The Loreman said:

This has been said multiple times already, but I'll join the chorus... the triangle shape of this fort looks fantastic!

22 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Really cool looking fort. Love the triangular shape of it too and the round bastions too. 

Thank you all! The triangular shape worked for the story, but it also saved me some pieces. :pir-grin:

On 10/8/2016 at 11:16 AM, Garmadon said:

Great job with the finished fort, Capt Wolf, the triangular shape (yes, I know everyone else mentioned it too! :grin:) looks great and is unique, and the round bastions with the raised ground for the cannons are awesome as well! :thumbup:  If there's one thing I'd nitpick about (besides the light tan wedges, which I agree look a little odd), it would be the squareness of the block-house... maybe it's just me, but I don't think I've ever been much of a fan of just about any blockhouses I've seen! :pir-grin:  (Well, except for this one, at least! :grin:  But two storied ones always look odd to me...)  

Great group of Eslandolan troops though (I really need to get some of those shirts!  Though the probability is that nothing of the kind will happen for two or three years, and then I might have one or two... :grin:), and the dark brown stripes on the roofs are very nice!  Great work! :pir-sweet:

Thanks. Yep, the light tan on the ground didn't work. As for the square blockhouse, look at the plethora of geometry in use: square blockhouse, triangular fort, round bastions. I had to have the complete set! :pir-grin:

13 hours ago, Staslegomaster said:

This is the best site of LEGO pirates fans. But even here I can seldom see something impressive. It's worth a LEGO exhibishion or even a place in the Hall of Fame of the best official sets and fans' creations which will be in the new LEGO House in Billund.

You are too kind. Thank you!

It's good you added epaulets because they makeamy coat into a militaty uniform.there were no epaulets for Spanish Armada in1997. As for now I'd add a golden helmet to the head of the fortress. But not Mambrino's golden hemlet. Ha-ha if you remember Servantes' joke.

4 hours ago, Staslegomaster said:

It's good you added epaulets because they makeamy coat into a militaty uniform.there were no epaulets for Spanish Armada in1997. As for now I'd add a golden helmet to the head of the fortress. But not Mambrino's golden hemlet. Ha-ha if you remember Servantes' joke.

Capitan Alonzo does have a golden helmet (but not THAT golden helmet) and golden armor. I decided to use epaulets only for his second-in-command, Sargento Felipe, as a way to designate rank. I agree the green pirate torso does look better as a military uniform when the epaulets are added.

Nice early conquistador settlement!

This looks like the kind of fortification the conquistadors would build initially with wood and later on evolve it to a castle made with stones.

It's always nice to see those wonderful conquistador helmets (possible the best helmet ever made by LEGO!). Seeing them makes me wanna get my conquistador army our of the drawer and put them in formation :pir-laugh: