After some discussion the Islanders offered Brickinson to bring him home to Pontelli.

It was a sunny day. Not a cloud was in the sky. Not a negative word was heard.

800x558.jpg

While the catamaran was flying over the waves, Brickinson thought about what he had been given on Monkey Island.

800x1342.jpg

"Coloured pieces of glass" he thought.  "Great".

"I didn't even bring that when I came to these waters all these years ago"

800x530.jpg

"And where am I now?"

"In the middle of the ocean on a strange boat hopefully heading for Pontelli".

What was puzzling Brickinson the most was not the islanders but the first mate

800x443.jpg

The monkey operated the sails and seemed to give orders to the islander at the rudder.

This was weird.

But from what Brickinson could tell without proper instruments the course was alright.

He smiled and relaxed while his newly found friends brought him home.

[First Speaker] Everything is going fine. People are distracted by stories of an Eslandolean treasure fleet.

[Second Speaker] Yes, they are talking about it everywhere.

[First Speaker]  Excellent. Banana shake?

[Second Speaker] Yes, please. And some music by Bananarama.

Here is the Simian-Plan storyline:

1 MRCA Result April & May: Sunk and Taken by Pirates

2 Has Brickinson gone mad?

3 The End of a Pirate

4 Visiting a Pirate Island

5 A Dream Within A Dream

6 Pirate Hunter King Archibald

7 Woe is me!

8 The Black Moustache and his Green Flying Dutchman

9 ... but I have signed the contract ....

10 Now, what have we got here ...

11 The Great Escape

12 Please don't dive ....

13 The Brickinson Case

14 Island in the Sun

15 The Rescue Mission

16 Monkey Island

I came across bits and pieces of that catamaran and was able to reconstruct it.

Then it was actually posted in the pirates forum!  You can check flickr that my pictures were there first!

When building the tiles I actually found an unexpected variation of blue. Something between the standard blue and dark blue.

Or is it just ageing blue tiles?

C&C welcome!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Fun build, and a simple but effective background you've constructed there.

As for the color, I'm pretty sure it's a combination of poor color quality control for a while, along with aging bricks. 

Those backgrounds are always great to see:P My highlight in that regard are the small palmtrees in the background - something I only noticed on a second look. But the upgraded small catamaran is great too - just some small upgrades that are only noticed on a second look (the first time I saw it I thought you had just taken the set). Btw, I believe your fish is upside down - or is that a unique type of fish that only appears in these waters?

11 hours ago, deraven said:

Fun build, and a simple but effective background you've constructed there.

As for the color, I'm pretty sure it's a combination of poor color quality control for a while, along with aging bricks. 

Thanks.

That means that "standard blue" does have a tendency to go off standard? :pir-cry_sad:

Anybody else experiencing that?

10 hours ago, Legostone said:

Those backgrounds are always great to see:P My highlight in that regard are the small palmtrees in the background - something I only noticed on a second look. But the upgraded small catamaran is great too - just some small upgrades that are only noticed on a second look (the first time I saw it I thought you had just taken the set). Btw, I believe your fish is upside down - or is that a unique type of fish that only appears in these waters?

Yes, I have made some catamaranic modifications. And changed the colour scheme a little bit.

And the fish is doing a barrel roll :pir-laugh:

Neat build, and that first mate is doing an excellent job if you ask me!

Very nice build, your pixelated water technique goes splendidly with your style! :thumbup:  The bright colors here are great!

With regards to the light blue, I've discovered that there is often a very slight discrepancy in shade between two pieces that are really both supposed to be light blue... I think that's less of a problem with more recent sets.  You may have noticed the change in dark red as well; it's more or less the same thing.

Nice rebuilt of the Catamaran ! I like this classic feeling you are giving with this story !

Concerning the blue discolouring. It's frequently seen on old blue pieces with aging, their blue colour is vanishing. I have some very old blue bricks from my uncle (from the 60's) and they have discoloured but not at the same time and not in the same way. It's a weird thing that could be compared to yellowing for white or light grey pieces... I did not noticed this effect on new sets.

On 3.10.2016 at 0:15 PM, TitusV said:

Neat build, and that first mate is doing an excellent job if you ask me!

You may want to hire him. Is price is seven bananas per day, fourteen on weekends.

On 3.10.2016 at 3:50 PM, Kai NRG said:

Very nice build, your pixelated water technique goes splendidly with your style! :thumbup:  The bright colors here are great!

With regards to the light blue, I've discovered that there is often a very slight discrepancy in shade between two pieces that are really both supposed to be light blue... I think that's less of a problem with more recent sets.  You may have noticed the change in dark red as well; it's more or less the same thing.

Thanks.

You are right about light blue which is not always the same. Just like dark red.

But I had not discovered that in connection to "standard blue".

On 3.10.2016 at 9:01 PM, Faladrin said:

Nice rebuilt of the Catamaran ! I like this classic feeling you are giving with this story !

Concerning the blue discolouring. It's frequently seen on old blue pieces with aging, their blue colour is vanishing. I have some very old blue bricks from my uncle (from the 60's) and they have discoloured but not at the same time and not in the same way. It's a weird thing that could be compared to yellowing for white or light grey pieces... I did not noticed this effect on new sets.

Yepp, classic feeling intended :pir-sweet:

I have old blue bricks from the seventies ... and I tend to not use them anymore.  But I did not have tiles back then, so they would be newer (I thought)

Anyway, you can't see them in the picture as they are underneath the boat :pir-laugh: