Ahoy, fellow fleet protectors and plunderers!

After the prequel, here's the continuation - Cat. B entry incoming!

Bon Voyage!

A week after the events in the green navy's HQ back in Terr... let's not do this again – green capital city – the esland... seriously?! – THAT nation's treasure fleet was on its way. The Kings Port Advertiser featured that awareness poster in its latest edition, the fleet had left Nell... that green island in the East – smooth, Mr. Narrator, smooth... without any incidents, and what was best of all – there were no rumors out on the streets about a large convoy filled with gold whatsoever. The green chief's plan had worked out. Kudos on that, Mr. green chief!

Time to relax and have a look at one of the treasure ships en route, shall we? What have we got... this one right here, yes, the Santa Clara. Once famed expedition ship of whatwashisname Ivo Fortesque, now commanded by his son Pedro, and assigned a task not less important than the discovery of new shores – the collection of the riches of said shores. Yes, the Santa Clara, here she is.

29985496941_59a53e2ea8_c.jpg

...wait, is she being boarded by Oleanders? Ah, no, this is just a patrol, obviously helping the fleet to steer clear of the reefs and shallows in the tricky northern waters of LeBellan. Yes, Oleanders, what friendly folks, by the way much nicer than those uptight and arrogant Corries... but let's not go there. Back to the Santa Clara. Well, it seems she and the rest of the fleet will soon be on the final stage of their journey, on the finish-line so to speak, only save waters ahead – what could possibly go wrong now?!

Bon voyage!

29774890780_4c438e4b88_c.jpg

wait...

I just thought I had seen something in the water...

WHAT THE...!!!

29441909273_a2eb96c6dd_c.jpg

What is this? What is going on?? Is this a... are those those... MINIONS??? *looses it*

It seems... they've come up with a... device – wait, is that their toy from the sewers, but in big?! – and have drilled right through the hull of the Santa Clara... now vacuuming and shoveling the gold right into their dive boat! And nobody is taking notice!! They... they are sneaky geniuses!!! Oh my gods, actually, I'm not even mad, that's amazing!!!! *grabs popcorn*

Well, it seems the narrator is gone for a while, so let me continue from here. Nice to meet you, let me show you my overhanging bowsprit... :grin: Ahem, let's better have some more pics of the MOC, after all we've barely just met...

29955374162_1b1c32fe47_c.jpg

29441931273_c59bd1c85f_c.jpg

29441919683_ae56d92022_c.jpg

30034962176_e8f557d9cb_c.jpg

And lastly, the ships - together with their 'toy' versions:

29441913233_85df4c7bfe_c.jpg

About:

Well, where to start... as usual all parts exist, both vessels can be built. I finally managed to finish the Santa Clara, complete with a full hull - which in general is maybe the most annoying thing I've ever 'had' to build. Credits for the technique go to cb4 and Frank Brick Wright. As you can see the upper part of the ship merely rests on the lower hull, which might not seem that stable per se, but something tells me this works... Next, the 'device' - it's sort of a diving vessel, propelled mechanically, and - as the narrator has already pointed out - equipped with a circular saw and a drill for sneak attacks from down below. In case you're wondering where I got the idea from... well, I kind of grew up with it, as the 'Tauchboot' is prominently featured in an old GDR comic, that I've always loved. And the best thing: once the minions dive off, the cut out part of the hull neatly falls back in place... hopefully - otherwise the Santa Clara is doomed :grin:

So, in the end it seems those Minions are to be reckoned with after all.

Still not sure whether this qualifies as protecting or plundering the fleet :innocent:

Hope you enjoy :classic:

C&C welcome!

Vive le Roi!

Magnificent.

While I am trying to present the strangest storys you beat me to it! :pir-laugh:

Your builds are fantastic - just give your minions a monkey commander and our storylines will be in synch :pir-grin:

Nice entry as always KB! Your minions shouldn't be trifled with! Just make sure the cut piece of the hull is stapled :pir-tongue: before leaving!

Whoa.  Fun story, and astounding build!  How stable is the upper part of the hull construction in reality, do you think?  And do you have some more detail on that construction/shaping method somewhere?  I assume it cuts into the interior volume a fair bit?

Great color scheme on the Santa Clara, and the mini versions of both are still great as well.  Also, the purist rigging is beautiful.  :sweet:

Edited by deraven

Wow, that's another big ship! I really like that I'm not alone having to use the diagonal for squeezing my ships in that area - it gives some extra space:P 

Some really nice curves on this ship, especially the bow - can you show the internal construction? I'm wondering if it could be build and stay somewhat in shape...Oh, and by arranging the slopes in that way you solved the "problem" the bow usually had with CB4s technique, great! I might have to give that technique another shot...

I'm not sure how I missed this earlier. (Yes I am; there was an avalanche of new posts!) I love the Santa Clara! She is a beautiful example of an Eslandolan galleon. The curves of the sides along the stern are wonderfully done! I'm going to spend some time looking her over closely.

And then we get everything under the waterline! And micro versions! You can never trust minions. Fantastic build(s)!

I'm absolutely stunned! From where do you get all these amazing LDD-builds? This one, appart from a perfect ship, also has a lovely under-water-scene! :wub: 

On 10/2/2016 at 4:25 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Magnificent.

While I am trying to present the strangest storys you beat me to it! :pir-laugh:

Your builds are fantastic - just give your minions a monkey commander and our storylines will be in synch :pir-grin:

:laugh: :roflmao: :iamded_lol:

Beautiful build, KB, that tremendous galleon is really a sight to behold!  The rigging and underwater section are great as well, and the story is quite a read! :pir-laugh:  And did I mention that it is awesome how you used the micro versions from you Category A entry here? :excited: