Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Nion

[Nocturnus Mini Challenge I] The Great Devourer

The Black Spire calls for reinforcements. The gears of war are finally put in motion and the terrible, most devastating fate of the Darklands takes its course. While the armies of Historica march to Nocturnus, a single colossus comes down the northern Rakath at the border to Mitgardia; the giant seeks neither glory nor riches, the pure lust for destruction and chaos makes him leaving his home in the mountains and entering the vale.

Where he plagues the land, he erases villages. He devours the cattle and leaves nothing but desolation and death.

30060748585_5d0f3294ab_b.jpg

30060748605_a10ba6f7a9_c.jpg

Wow. While the landscaping itself is amazing, the giant is just phenomenal. Unbelievable. Will we see him in action during the civil war?

That has got to be the best giant I've seen built in LEGO :wub:Everything about him is perfect!

Wonderful landscape for him to tromp through as well, the spiky bushes look great :thumbup:

I second the others - awesome giant as well as landscape (both rocks and bushes).

Excellent giant! As the others have said, he is just magnificent! The landscape is great, too, with the rockwork and stream. The skunk is a nice detail, too, but  the giant (appropriately) steals the scene. 

Incredible build JN! That giant is fantastic! Those prefab arms fit perfectly with the torso you've created and so do the pants! Even the face look great ( and pretty terrifying). Great work on the landscape and rockwork too!

That giant is just mind blowing :pir-oh: The pants, torso shaping, and use of hair pieces are just phenomenal :wub:
Great way to extend his arms  as well. To top it all off, the landscaping is superb too. Wonderful build.

Phenomenal.  It's kinda crazy- the landscape is beautiful, but it's overshadowed by the giant (literally and figuratively :laugh:).  Everything about it is delightful.  The bigfig arms as regular arms (obviously) works well, but you've nailed the relative scales.  The posing is also top-notch.  Really wonderful all-around!  :sweet:

Yeah, huge congrats on this.  Love the beard - uses pieces really well to develop something that looks very organic/patchy/grown.  The arms are great use too - nice the way that they are sculpted, but don't stick out because of how well they're implemented.  Really brings things to another level.  I love the belt buckle too - so sleek and simple but really beautiful choice - easily defines the legs and the pants.  Fantastic build, truly stunning.

I'm stunned... I expected something good from you, but this is just mind-blowing! Everything is perfect, but what makes this better then perfect is the cow! :wink:

The shaping on the giant is fantastic, great pose too!  Nice work on the landscape as well, the skunk is a good detail!

Wow, just wow. This giant is superb, and the large rocks with the stream flowing through is excellent. I also like the foliage on the ground.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Haha, typical Jacob awesomeness and grandeur right here! Man, that giant is just too cool - the pants (from a pirate ship set?), feet and head are particularly great. The cow is a perfect touch, gives you a sense of how huge this giant is. Like a walking mountain! And the landscaping, as always, is so ingenious and realistic.

Man, with this guy on Raavage's side, the Resistance has got a serious fight ahead of them! Hope they remember to bring their climbing gear or a really big sword!

Edited by MassEditor

The giant on its own would be amazing, with an excellent landscape as well... Simply brilliant!

Edited by BrickCurve