Umbra-Manis

moc Nocturnus Minichallenge II: The Altar of Kazag'thri

For the resistance

The wilds of Nocturnus contain a great number of monuments and altars that honor forgotten, or nearly forgotten gods. Lord Raavage's end has been foretold in the stars and in the swamps, and this solitary worshipper seeks some final moments of solace before the coming storm, a storm which will define Nocturnus beyond the lifespan of any living resident. This worshipper will soon join the foot soldiers of the resistance, and will likely never be seen again. Kazag'thri, or the meaning of the inscriptions on the Altar may die with him, but the Altar will remain. This is Nocturnus, nothing dies here.

Altar1.png

I completely forgot about the deadlines for the non-pie related challenges, so unforunately this is all I've got for the first two. There is a light brick built into the structure on top, but I couldn't render it. C&C Welcome, and check out the 360 on  Mecabricks

Edited by Umbra-Manis

The use of click hinges for that stone technique is quite clever :thumbup: The dark red foliage was definitely a good choice to add :classic:

Love the use of click hinges to get the shape you wanted here :thumbup: The vines, ground texturing, and presentation are great too :classic:

On 10/1/2016 at 11:53 PM, The Maestro said:

Thos os a really good use of snot. Great use of vines, they add just enogh to the scene.

On 10/2/2016 at 3:59 AM, TitusV said:

neat build, as TheMaestro said the vines add a lot!

On 10/2/2016 at 5:50 AM, Blufiji said:

Nice build and good job on the lore.

On 10/2/2016 at 7:38 AM, soccerkid6 said:

The use of click hinges for that stone technique is quite clever :thumbup: The dark red foliage was definitely a good choice to add :classic:

On 10/2/2016 at 8:26 AM, en_zoo said:

Small yet very suggestive. I also think you picked the right background.

On 10/2/2016 at 10:15 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

The click-hinge side pods look very nice. You've created an appropriately Nocturnian atmosphere. Well done!

On 10/2/2016 at 2:19 PM, LittleJohn said:

Love the use of click hinges to get the shape you wanted here :thumbup: The vines, ground texturing, and presentation are great too :classic:

Thanks everyone! The click hinge shape was originally going to be a detail on a spaceship, but I think it works great here.

Neat build. The story is great and I really love the technique with the rocks. The vines hanging from the rocks are also a really nice addition that really adds to the "forgotten" feeling of this build.