A new artisan has opened in Elizabethville, and it has been the rave of the town. The WETEC has not allowed a tavern to be set up so far, in order to prevent drunkenness among the soldiers. Though there is no prohibition, they wanted to avoid the soldiers being able to spend their entire paychecks drinking each month. This new establishment has helped ease the tensions over the lack of a tavern. We had formerly seen the propietors, Joe and Josephine Black voting for the new mayor of Elizabethville, and since then they have been working hard to get the building finished and opened. 

27952652146_7fbb2429ac.jpg

29741336900_8a79dcff4c_z.jpg

Joe and Josephine Black decided to open an establishment that specialized in the delicacies from Cocovia. Here the residents can buy cocoa bars and coffee. It also provides a great location to meet and spend time with friends during the evening hours. The place is so popular that they are considering opening up the roof for additional seating in good weather. On rainy days, the shutters are dropped and the inside is the only available seating. They have also already hired a young lady to help serve. 
There is a new cocoa bar that is available that is processed with milk.  It makes a lighter and sweeter tasting delicacy. Though it so far hasn't overtaken the cocoa bars in popularity. (Some rumors claim it was developed in Oleon, but every true Corrington citizen knows that it was developed by Corrington scientists on Cocovia.) Some even drink chocolate and claim it tastes wonderful, though coffee seems to be the preferred drink. Among the women, there is a tendency to add cream to the coffee makes it a tan color rather than its original black. 

Without further ado, here is the Bittersweet Mug. 

29405235133_208618acbe_z.jpgBittersweet Mug 

29918434972_d92b49d075_z.jpg

29405214483_72fa27942d_c.jpg

29918415432_7e10063011_c.jpg

30032099935_69a9951d4a_z.jpg

29918425212_754a412fe3_c.jpg

An extra picture capturing the flat roof

29737956180_d9607285af_c.jpg

Edited by SilentWolf

Well... EVERYBODY and their mothers know that cocoa with milk was invented by the famous Oleander chef Laitous Laitouise. Also everybody knows that an owner welcoming guests with a knife on his hand is not quite a welcoming sight! :pir-tongue:

Joking aside, This is a very nice build. The thing i always like about your mocs is that they are always tightly populated with minifigs that are never identical. So i love checking the various torso-legs combinations each time one is presented.

Nice tavern ! It has a really busy feeling !

I like the roof you made with the sloped part covering the terrace.

good job !

On 10/1/2016 at 4:03 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine - I am getting hungry ! :pir-laugh:

Hopefully you don't eat Lego food as it might not be filling. :pir_laugh2:

On 10/1/2016 at 6:13 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Well... EVERYBODY and their mothers know that cocoa with milk was invented by the famous Oleander chef Laitous Laitouise. Also everybody knows that an owner welcoming guests with a knife on his hand is not quite a welcoming sight! :pir-tongue:

Joking aside, This is a very nice build. The thing i always like about your mocs is that they are always tightly populated with minifigs that are never identical. So i love checking the various torso-legs combinations each time one is presented.

:pir-laugh: I realized when I was posting I didn't have a good picture of the proprietors so I took one of them out front. I thought about taking away the chocolate knife and the coffee pot but in my rush didn't. 
This build does see some repeat characters. Jenkins, the school teacher, is present enjoying a conversation with some of the townsfolks. We also see the younger Sudworths enjoying coffee and chocolate. They showed up before when first arriving in Elizabethville and at the elections. Gabriel is still trying to impress the girls. Seems he is doing better than when he fell in the mud puddle. The soldiers are easy to help populate, but the others are an attempt at new people. 

On 10/1/2016 at 6:30 AM, Faladrin said:

Nice tavern ! It has a really busy feeling !

I like the roof you made with the sloped part covering the terrace.

good job !

Thank you! The terrace roof was a fun part of the build. I had to be careful to not use too many of the 1x2 dark browns though, as they were needed for chocolate bars. (Eating the roof, what are these minifigures up to? :pir-tongue:

A very nice approach to a tavern, which definitely displays some fantastic concepts.

Not too much of a fan of the roof, but the crowded terrace is absolutely superb. Very nice work overall.

On 10/8/2016 at 10:04 AM, Elostirion said:

A very nice approach to a tavern, which definitely displays some fantastic concepts.

Not too much of a fan of the roof, but the crowded terrace is absolutely superb. Very nice work overall.

Thank you! In regard to the roof, it was an attempt at a different style. It needs some work for it to be viable. I am contemplating doing a tall false facade in future roofs using that style. 

Due to the very nice look of this store, Lady Elysabeth would like to order a 100 bars of cacao and another 20 of cacao stuffed with banana- and avocadofondant!

(that last one is a Belgian delicatesse)