Sign in to follow this  
sparkart

[MOC] Jester from Titanfall 2

29974250566_46fd9f0df1_n.jpg 29925109431_42d8aae041_n.jpg 29714264800_47f4fc9e36_n.jpg 29714265970_1e9912ce3e_n.jpg 29925110291_69eb4d8a9b_n.jpg

Here a model of Jester from Titanfall 2.  Jester is a simulacrum, an AI robot imitation of a person, but doesn't realize or accept that.  The model is about 1/10 scale, 7 inches or 18 cm tall.

He's packing a couple of weapons that are actually throwbacks to the first Titanfall game, a white, black, and orange CAR SMG (Combat Advanced Round Submachine Gun) and a RE-45 large caliber handgun on his right thigh.  Red grenades hang from the green tactical vest he wears. The Wampa/Taun-taun horn hanging from the back of his head is supposed to be a raccoon tail.  I haven't seen any art that suggests there is a red rising sun motif on the back of Jester's vest, but I like the red design on that dark green, and the boat-stud keeps those plates together and helps hide their unsightly undersides.  The fanny pack is a rocket pack that grants players enhanced jumping and parkour mobility in the game.

The model has 14 points of articulation: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, abdomen, hips, knees, & ankles.  The base holds a polycarbonate bar (light saber) that inserts into the bottom of a ski that forms his feet.  I had to shorten that bar by about a millimeter to get the foot to be flat and flush against the tile flooring of the base.  The abdomen has a couple of 1x2 grille tiles that aren't attached to anything, but trapped by the geometry of the surrounding parts.  These move up and down as the chest and hips are posed to simulate pivoting pistons.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look!

Edited by sparkart