JopieK

BrickTracks: different curves, PF/9V compatible

On 2/10/2020 at 3:19 PM, coaster said:

Just to update everyone, the mold shop doing the tracks and wheels is closed due to the coronavirus. They were hoping to reopen today, but I don't believe that happened, so at this time I have no ETA on when these parts will be finished.

I know this Virus is a serious thing (especially those in China) hoping all those folks associated with building/molding your products are okay and get back to work soon, I'm holding out for your products as they are the best out there.

Edited by ritztoys

3 hours ago, Matt Dawson said:

Any updates @coaster, especially regarding replacement wheels?

The factory reopened last week, and supposedly sampled the wheels on Tuesday.  I should have news on those soon.

I'll give the switches a couple more weeks to be finished up.

15 hours ago, coaster said:

These seem wheely good:

Awesome!

When laid on their back, how tall are the wheels to the top of the stud? Any idea how that compares to the top of the needle bearing on the similar lego wheels?

Or maybe I should ask, what is the total width from stud to stud of a complete wheel assembly (two wheels and one axle)?

16 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

Awesome!

Or maybe I should ask, what is the total width from stud to stud of a complete wheel assembly (two wheels and one axle)?

It's less than the pointy version from LEGO.  Stud-to-stud measures an even 43mm.

For whatever it's worth, these actually do work in the standard wheel frames, even though they're meant for use with bearings.

1 minute ago, CSW652 said:

So no updates on the switches?

Samples of those are running now.  The upper track pieces had a small issue with a guard rail sometimes breaking on ejection, so we're tweaking that part of the tool to thicken the bottom to support it more. 

Just now, coaster said:

Samples of those are running now.  The upper track pieces had a small issue with a guard rail sometimes breaking on ejection, so we're tweaking that part of the tool to thicken the bottom to support it more. 

Thanks