JopieK

BrickTracks: different curves, PF/9V compatible

12 hours ago, coaster said:

Same thing for Australia/NZ.

If you are thinking of supplying NZ from Oz: I used to live in NZ until a couple of years ago and generally found it cheaper to order stuff from Uk or US, as shipping across the ditch costs an arm and a leg. The other way around would probably work better, but the local market is a lot bigger in Oz, of course. Just my 2c...

15 hours ago, coaster said:

We're in talks with one.  We sent a sample pack of parts in March, but unfortunately still hasn't arrived.  Same thing for Australia/NZ.  Stupid coronavirus is holding things up.

I'm now in Australia, so super looking forward to an Aussie distributor. Will buy for sure.

@coasterAll US packages have been super delayed (3 months ish) so not surprised about the delay.

I was honestly expecting the price point to be around $100 for a single switch, and I was totally prepared to pay it!

There will definitely be some orders coming!

7 minutes ago, ritztoys said:

@coaster Any updates on these? Did you get my return samples? TIA

Yes, I did.  Sorry, meant to send you a note but it slipped my mind.

They're scheduled to run what will hopefully be the final samples next week.

Woohoo! I'm ready....looking forward to your new switches. The wife says I can re-arrange the living room to "test size" my new layout....(with your new switches of course)

Switch stand needs a small tweak, but everything else is good.  So a couple more weeks and we should be good for production.

Tooling is complete.  Production will start soon.  Once I have an ETA, I'll open it up for pre-orders.

1 hour ago, coaster said:

Tooling is complete.  Production will start soon.  Once I have an ETA, I'll open it up for pre-orders.

Oooh yeah! Nice one Coaster, thanks so much for keeping us in the loop....

On 9/10/2020 at 9:08 PM, coaster said:

:laugh: Can't wait.

I will open the switches up for pre-orders starting tomorrow.  Here is everything that is included in each kit:

R104 Switches

6 hours ago, coaster said:

I will open the switches up for pre-orders starting tomorrow.  Here is everything that is included in each kit:

R104 Switches

@coaster I can't wait to get a set so I can finally connect my R104 and R120 loops!

@coaster I have 3 questions.  1.)Are the ballasts of the r104a and r104b curves any different than regular r104 curves?  

2.) Will we be able to buy individual switches as for some of me and a few of the other New England builders we need more of one switch, or 10 left turnouts.  

3.) Would we be able to just buy on an individual part at a time, ex. just a base A or just an A and B.  I was just wondering because I am excellent at dropping things or losing things, etc and I don't want to buy another $40 switch set because I broke one part. 

I so want to buy 1000 switches. 

-Conner

1 hour ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

@coaster I have 3 questions.  1.)Are the ballasts of the r104a and r104b curves any different than regular r104 curves?  

2.) Will we be able to buy individual switches as for some of me and a few of the other New England builders we need more of one switch, or 10 left turnouts.  

3.) Would we be able to just buy on an individual part at a time, ex. just a base A or just an A and B.  I was just wondering because I am excellent at dropping things or losing things, etc and I don't want to buy another $40 switch set because I broke one part. 

I so want to buy 1000 switches. 

-Conner

1)  It is the same, certainly at least for the R104Bs.  The A's are a touch shorter, so while it should ballast the same way, depending on how you do it there may be some slight squeezing of your parts. 

2) right now their just sold in the pairs.  I considered doing them separately, but adding in the additional packaging costs it comes out cheaper for all of us to just keep them in sets.  You might be able to find someone that wants all your rights though.  However, if you buy 1000 switches I'll certainly make an exception.  :)

3) right now, no.  The parts are all pretty tough, I've certainly dropped them a number of times in testing.  I may make the switch stands be a separate item though, as those could easily get lost.  Also, they could be useful for other custom switches in the future (hint hint).

11 hours ago, coaster said:

R104 Switches

YES. YES. SO MUCH YES.

Edited by legonerd54321

1 hour ago, coaster said:

right now their just sold in the pairs.  I considered doing them separately, but adding in the additional packaging costs it comes out cheaper for all of us to just keep them in sets.

Offer them only in sets now, maybe with the exception of the switch stands. After some time, start offering lefts and rights, and individual parts. Demand for parts to replace lost or damaged pieces won't pick up right away anyway.