JopieK

BrickTracks: different curves, PF/9V compatible

I received my R56 track, yesterday. That was the last package that I received in 2018. My wish for 2019 is that R104 switches will be made available. Any updates (I don't use Facebook or any other Zuckerberg "service"/product) on that front?

Also:

44737728220_2411edb892_c.jpg

Still says "coming 2018". You may want to update that one. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, coaster said:

I don't have anything new to add.  Got a lot going on behind the scenes though.  You wouldn't want me to ruin the surprise, would you?  :)

So what ever happened to the surprise?

Just now, CSW652 said:

So what ever happened to the surprise?

Patience!  New tooling is in the works.

Reviewing new mold design.  I wonder what's inside!

46663550482_4685a21648_c.jpg

Looks good; time to start cutting metal.

@CSW652,

I think the mold is too small for the crossover.

my guess it's the mold for the missing curved tracks, R72 & R88.

4 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

I hope its couplers! 

Considering trans clear ones were shown off at Cantigny Park, that wouldn't surprise me... ;)

14 minutes ago, Matt Dawson said:

Considering trans clear ones were shown off at Cantigny Park, that wouldn't surprise me... ;)

I was there! How did I miss that!? Boy oh boy, I really hope that is it!

Wow!  If that's really what it is, I'll buy bunches and bunches (I even said that back when Coaster first suggested it).  Now that I've seen the prototypes, I want them even more!

26 minutes ago, ivanlan9 said:

Wow!  If that's really what it is, I'll buy bunches and bunches (I even said that back when Coaster first suggested it).  Now that I've seen the prototypes, I want them even more!

Same here! I we will have to sell them all fast because all the $$$ we have invested in magnets will not be worth as much soon hahahha

Will there be a version with buffers as well? Effectively drop-in replacement for the current magnet version? (and in turn a cow-catcher one also?)

1 hour ago, kiwinewt said:

Will there be a version with buffers as well? Effectively drop-in replacement for the current magnet version? (and in turn a cow-catcher one also?)

It will likely be compatible with the older coupler bars which are replacements for the current ones. I would think that there would not be enough demand for more than one version. 

11 hours ago, kiwinewt said:

They look to have been designed for combining with 3176 and the older, 9V era buffer beam parts - which is why the mounting point is 1/2 a technic pin end before the main body.

Although I should point out there might be swivel room issues for them on the older buffer beams, and they also may conflict with the body on some mocs. 

I’m curious as to how @coaster ‘s coupler design will factor into remote uncoupling...? I’m also really curious as to how long a consist we can lash up before the couplers fail... although I imagine the way the couplers are attached will more than likely fail beforehand...?

Can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2019!

@M_slug357 I think the knuckles vs magnets debate would rely on a lot of factors - wagon/coach/train weight and wheel set friction being just two of them. I'd would say they'd be at least fairly similar to each other, although the more modern (and easily replaced) knuckle coupler will win people over eventually.

The biggest issue for me at the moment is their lack of uncoupling capability, although as a test model I'm sure that it'll be added much later.

Nope, it's not the couplers.  Sorry to disappoint, but they still need a lot of work to get them where I want.  Don't worry though, I am working on it.

As much as I would like a crossover or some switches, the more I look at that the more it looks like it is the R72 or R88 curves.

Nope, not the R72 or R88 curves either.  As important as those are, something else has taken priority.

Power Pickup wheels? Probably not.

Half length straight track would make sense, if it's needed for the switches.