JopieK

BrickTracks: different curves, PF/9V compatible

Backed. Best of luck.

I backed the ME rails, the PFx brick and now this. Folks, if you want it, there's only one way to get it!

(PS. anything in 9V will also be supported!!)

Thanks for bringing this project forward - I've been really pleased with your R104 and R120 curved tracks and have put in my pledge for 4x pairs of R104 switches.

Best of luck in getting the project funded!

7 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Hey @coaster any chance the switch kit will include the 1-5/8 stud straight needed to make a yard ladder with these?

It doesn't right now, but that'd be an easy enough piece to piggy back on one of the tools.  If there's enough money for it I'll include it.

I agree with @dylanfarrow that this new kickstarter campaign should have its own shiny new thread!!

Also, it may be good @coaster to have an open call for picture support from those that were able to get their hands on the prototypes?

I know you have a few on the ks page already, but more couldn't hurt lol.

Also, that very last pledge tier you have up is just... marvelous! but also, somewhat insane!

Who's got the space/time to utilize 200 something swtiches???

I would totally jump on that if I could afford it though lol.

@dylanfarrow @M_slug357  You guys weren't the first to suggest a new thread, but I've finally got it up now.  @dylanfarrow, who's Jang?  I'm afraid I don't know them.  @M_slug357, that top level is to entice some LUGs.  Though I admit I'm not looking forward to assembling that many switches for one order!

Hi @coaster,

Just backed for 2 left & 2 right points.

I hope it will be funded as there's still a lot to go.

I wish you a lot of success.

Regards from Belgium.

Ludo

Thanks @Ludo!

In other news, the R56s will be delayed a couple more weeks.  We still had some issues with the studs on the end ties being a little undersized, and I want to get it right.  It should be fixed now, but we've missed our production window.  I'll also send an email out to those that pre-ordered.

R56 curves:

R56 curves.R56 curves.

Running production now, so these will go out as soon as they're done.

Quick question (I might have asked this earlier but don't recall):

In two corners of my layout, I've mixed straights and curves to make a rough but wider radius curve. It goes:

R40 Curve Track Segment - 16 Stud Straight - R40 Curve Track Segment - R40 Curve Track Segment - 16 Stud Straight - R40 Curve Track Segment

It seems to me that it'd be close to R72, but I may be wrong. Anyone know what would be the best fit?

8 hours ago, BurkusCircus said:

Quick question (I might have asked this earlier but don't recall):

In two corners of my layout, I've mixed straights and curves to make a rough but wider radius curve. It goes:

R40 Curve Track Segment - 16 Stud Straight - R40 Curve Track Segment - R40 Curve Track Segment - 16 Stud Straight - R40 Curve Track Segment

It seems to me that it'd be close to R72, but I may be wrong. Anyone know what would be the best fit?

Since you have this built you could just directly measure the radius by counting the studs. You need to measure from the centre of the circle to the middle of one of the sleepers.

7 hours ago, peterab said:

Since you have this built you could just directly measure the radius by counting the studs. You need to measure from the centre of the circle to the middle of one of the sleepers.

That could work ?

Later...

60 studs, so R56 and a flex track. Thanks!

Edited by BurkusCircus

Just as an update, parts are running, and the first batches of R56s should be going out next week sometime.

4 hours ago, BurkusCircus said:

Hey coaster, are you on bricklink? Also will definitely be getting some R56 s

I am, DBA BrickTracks.  You can also find me just at bricktracks.com.

@coaster

I found following message in my mail box regarding the kickstarter project for the R104 points :devil_laugh::

Hi there, 
Thanks for being a backer of BrickTracks™ R104 Switch Tracks for LEGO® Trains. Unfortunately, this project did not reach its funding goal by its deadline. Because funding on Kickstarter is all or nothing, your pledge of $155.00 has been automatically canceled and your card will not be charged. 
Thanks again for supporting this project. 

Kickstarter

whats next?

Ludo

@ Ludo, I move to plan B to get these made.  We have some things in mind, so it's far from dead. 

Hopefully we don't have to move to Plan C, because that involves me robbing liquor stores.